Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Functional Ideas..

ALL.CAPS.GUY

first i wanna point out that they call the engine that drives this game "the evolution engine".......

what would be evolutionary is an engine with it's own ai.. an actual neural system, but i doubt DE has the man power or tech to back that.. so here's where i'll start with some ide'ers :P ............

i'd suggest something direct, and progressive.

e.g. Fable.

kill so many grineer, grineer faction rep is decreased (on the personal level, each player has their own set of numbers). (for example) grineer are currently at war with the corpus, so if u farm a corpus map a few times and kill off a couple hundred corpus then corpus rep decreases, while simultaneously grineer rep increases(25, 30, 50% rate). infested are allies with corpus (for example) then infested rep also decreases, but at 25, 30, or 50% the rate. ((( could be a bit of an issue here since DE is currently having an issue with proper game-wide (or global) scaling of skills vs wep dmg/output and overall effectiveness )))

-but regardless-

*added to this, who's at war with who, and allied with whom else could all be variable and change daily, weekly, every 10-12 days, based on overall player activity ( "EVOLUTION ENGINE" ahem... sorry..)*

anyway..

next up would be usefulness of said rep... higher reputation could lead to yielding higher quality AND/OR quantity of loot in said faction maps... even increasing drop rate of rare loots from bosses

((( HINT HINT HINT )))

effectiveness of melee weps when used with a melee skill.

-taking for example excalibur frame skills... slash dash (or rush as i call it, just a fitting nickname i guess)

increases range with increased range melee weps.

-i mean hell, radial javalin STILL uses the base skana, even on excal prime ffs (comes with skana prime). easy fix. instead of using a predetermined wep / skin, use a set point for projected items, and just overlay the current wep skin ON that point. that's an easy fix, just lackadaisical efforts tbh.

**side note, excal prime slash dash hasn't been actually USING the melee wep, just the wep i'm holding at that time.. i.e. primary or secondary weps**

let's see... slash dash base range = 1 (say for example as it would be excal using his fists) then add to that the range used by the wep itself.. e.g. slash dash + ether daggers = range of 3 ish... vs slash dash + orthos = 6 ish...

plus, not to mention, i also believe said skill dmg output shoud be decreased, HOWEVER, the skill should also have added to it EITHER the total damage output of the wep OR a portion of it (whether using slash dash would use the regular attack, charge, or jump attack dmg isn't my point, it's the added base of the wep being used)

e.g. slash dash with a rank 30 heavy wep would yield more damage than a dagger, but using mire, for example, would add poison status to any enemy that isn't killed by it. or amphis would add it's shock. ether daggers / sword (based on description) should (and would when used with slash dash) cause a "bleed out" effect.

(target is sliced open, causing heavy bleeding and losing hp over time - no deduction to shield, bleedout ignores armor)  --  simple right?

next point i need to make is simple, i feel a number of skills i use regularly are just underpowered.

some will agree, some disagree, not the point i'm making, i just feel some skills scattered about are somewhat underpowered. warframes are supposed to be the "robin hood" or the "batman"... but sometimes it feels like we're playing maid marion and boy wonder and fighting sparta.

ok anyway..

i suggested this once before, but idk how well it would go over...... something for ppl that are near end game to work on. throw in a points system for use at the dojo. basically each win would yield so many "battle points" or something similar. players would then be able to chat up an npc near there to get their personal info on things like pvp wins, loses, etc, as well as how points are distributed so they know how to better their pvp abilities.. melee kills are worth more than skill kills, X pts for this, Y pts for that, Z pts for X+Y in the same battle, F pts for using 5 abilities in the same battle (idk, proves survivability, so gains more pts over time)... etc etc.. i'm not working out the details, just throwing stuff out there. anyway, these pts could then be used for COSMETIC items..

like those GD color pallettes DE likes to charge so effin much for... or warframe wings, tails, ears, etc

(for the love of god and all that's holy, no fashion in this game please)

having minor features on these cosmetics could be a nice touch, but don't make them too OP (over powered)...

wings add X% jump height, ears add X% skill range, tails add X% move speed (EDIT: or reduce wall-run stamina / block stamina cost, or similar)....... just for example!!!! 5% ish?

i feel i've rambled enough for now. i'll come back with more later.

Edited by BIackLotus

* my in-game badge is highlight-able, but does nothing. maybe it's just my client, or unfinished.

(thanks for adding this though, i feel a little better actually SEEING it in game.. almost starting to feel i got my money's worth)

* also, i feel that we should have avatars for prime frames as well. i use the excalibur av, but use the prime frame mostly in game. the frame pics in "Arsenal" are different for the 2, so having a slightly different avatar to complement the prime frames would be nice.

(not hugely necessary, but honestly would take one person a couple hours to doodle up a handful. cost of DE? idk $20-30 in man-time, really.. depending on pay-rates)

* here's a question, what does block actually do? how is it supposed to be used? sure as hell doesn't block bullets and i still get knocked back from melee and grabbed with that grappling hook thing of that one grineer (whose name currently escapes me)..

* next... affinity and credit boosters. i've brought this up before, and it still irritates the living hell out of me. change the timers, ffs, to online-only-countdown. adjust the time if needed, not a big deal. but i mean hell man, if something comes up a couple hours after i buy one and i have to, say, go out of town for 2-3 days, that means noooooo play time, means my entire booster is goooooone... thanks    >.>

sorry if my having a life impedes on your game design, but we're the ones playing and paying and we'd at least like to get our money and time's worth out of it.. right?

-- similar concept for DE yourselves..... "let's design and publish a free-to-play game that's pretty good, but offers no real replay-ability, no end-game anything, broken physics all over the place, graphical errors up the wazoo, only offer 2 or 3 frames through the entire course of the game, never actually fix anything in game, and cash shop price rates so asinine high that no one with half a brain stem would consider buying like 125 plat for the ONLY OTHER frame at a cost of around $96.77. ultimately leading to a complete failure of said game, likely causing bankruptcy, or a huuuuuge debt, for publishing/development company..."  -  that's just an illogical, stupid move. correct?

why would we spend our cash on your game if we're not going to get even close enough to it's value out of it?

Schwarzenegger voice - "I'll be back."

Edited by BIackLotus

th_Untitled.jpg

very well suggests the ability of blending in to one's surroundings for the sake of camouflage and stealth.

stealth is pretty much hit and miss. in reality, once u open fire with anything but a bow, anything within a few hundred meters is alerted to ur presence.

suggestion / idea... make stealth and camouflage actually functional elements within the game. give enemy ai a ranged field of view complete with depth. e.g. they can only "see" X meters, with given stipulations and restrictions. if a player is all black and standing in shadows, then enemy must be X - C% in order to actually view the player. if (as suggested by the market imagery) players are in actual camo and squatting in the grass, enemy must be X - N% distance to distinguish there's actually something there, and that it isn't just a mass of random plant-life.

this then adds an extra layer of depth and realism to said "Evolution Engine"... by having players think ahead of themselves, camouflage themselves, actually stealth through the game, less enemies would spawn.

if there's 4 people rushing through a map in dark colors and camo, etc, and lotus informs us there's a heavy population of X enemy ahead, we could slow ourselves, possibly find an alternate route, or even sneak by entirely unseen due to good camo and stealthing abilities.

volt's electricity can knock out lights. but even in the dark, enemies can still see as good as in full light, and still shoot just as accurately.

*also suggest being able to shoot out all lights for the same reason of stealth / camo.

--

if players wearing any color between EF0033 and EF0037 are next to a wall of color within that range, then obviously they'd be harder to see.

if players wearing XX color, YY color, and ZZ color are in grass of similar color, again they'd be harder to see.

crouching would almost always increase these effects.

hell, u could even add another mod for it, "increased stealthing" or something. increases the stealth effects of colors on frames and/or weps (adding this to weps might be a bit much tbh. but at the same time, i'd shoot at anything i can't see holding a hot pink rifle that's CLEARLY a hot pink rifle.)

Edited by BIackLotus

• 2 weeks later...

artifacts / auras:

the issue seems now the artifact system is no longer an artifact. they just dumped a pile of new "artifact" mods on us without giving us a way to properly manage them. our warframes have mod slots and mod points; we have warframe general mods, and warframe specific mods.

imo the least they could have done is given us a separate mod and/or points system for auras. the issue is that both weps and frames have the same number of points available, but frames have 2 more slots for use. essentially u have to use a forma on frames to make them as efficient in the mod points system as weps. that aside, now there's an entirely new slot, without the addition of points or availability of points to compensate. thus forcing people to use additional formas to make said "aura" slot even worth using.

as i said before, just because my X frame has a Y slot, doesn't mean i want to USE a Y polarity aura on THAT frame specifically.

regardless of what frame i'm using, i may want to use the steel charge, or rifle amp, or XYZ scavenger aura (artifact).. sure, ember and frost might be better off used with energy siphon, but what if i want to use that on my excal so i can just slash dash all over the map and insta-kill everything? well i kinda can't because in order to use an effective aura, it has to be max rank, or 1 short of max. and as everyone knows, if it's not same polarity, ur wasting points... so now without a forma and either like polarity, or a null polarity slot, i'm wasting 6-10 points for an "aura" ........ awesome, now i can't use one of the mods i was using... that'd be like going without serration, or multishot, on my rifle.

imo it was nice to know who was using what artifact so each member could adjust slightly given what they're all doing.

e.g. if 2x members are using infested impedance, and 2x are using energy siphon it was somewhat useful.

with them being upgradeable like mods, u could get away with 1x infest. imp., 2x energy siphon, and 1x loot, or enemy radar.

i think it should have been a merger of the 2 systems. leave them in lobby as before so that they're easy to change, and easy to distinguish who's using what. as well, make it so that player mastery rank is the points system used, not just tack them on to the frame's specific mod system.

Edited by BIackLotus

Auras - So yeah. Bad devs, no cookie! It has always been our intention that Aura mods were part of the Mod system (but kept getting delayed making this change more painful). Fusion, polarity differences and interaction with your Mod capacity were important to me when we integrated them. In the next hotfix we're rolling out a decent solution to retain those interactions but in a way that increases your build vs. screwing it over... Auras will *ADD* Mod capacity... Yes. ADD. Fuse up the Aura, match polarity and you'll get an extra 14 Mod capacity. Can't wait for you people to try it out and see if you dig it!

Don't forget to tune into the live stream tomorrow so we can give out some Platinum and shout out to you guys in chat!

-Steve

I have a couple of opinions and ideas for WarFrame. First things first, vehicles! There should so be things in the game like turrets that are stationary, but I am also thinking space ships. Maybe a space battle mission, and one where you have to land a failing ship on a planet would be sweet! Maybe two-person tanks as well! Maybe StarWars-like speeders? Just saying... Warframe NEEDS vehicles, so if anyone sees this post, write another with all these ideas and more some where else so that we can get vehicles in WarFrame!!!

vehicles won't really work because of how the lore works with the battle and map mechanics. we are tenno, infiltrating enemy ships for the cause of saving our brethren. problem with vehicles, though it may sound like a good idea, they don't fit too well inside a space ship. maybe if we were on a planetary based map, yeah, however maps are randomly generated, and i'm sure u wouldn't want to get ur military grade humvee, complete with dual turrets mounted on the rear and rocket launchers on the front, stuck in between 2 doors in one of those "destroy the reactor and GTFO" type missions..

IF we had specified maps that were planetary (open plains and such) where enemies were already driving vehicles (as part of said randomly generated map).. then we would likely be able to shoot them dead, hijack their vehicles, and run rampant.

point being, the maps themselves, vast as they are, are too small for vehicles... unless they were small, single or dual rider, likely more like motor cycles, pocket rockets, or equivalent sized hover bikes. but again, u'd be a lot more limited in character movements. no slide-attack on a bike, no decapitation and exploding bodies with melee weps from the driver seat. sure as hell no rifle usage from the driver seat of anything.

warframe wasn't designed with that in mind.

can we get a buff indicator say under our personal info box in the upper corner that tells us, for example, when we're buffed by team mate or self blessings?

basically, i wanna see an indicator hanging below my stats when i'm invulnerable from trinity's #4.

i don't wanna have to guess at the time and go running into a pile of infested, only to die from poison because it was a rank 1 skill and i didn't know.

Edited by BIackLotus