Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Team Objectives

Aksyl

I've gotten so many friends hooked on this game, I can't possibly play with them all. I have skype calls full of people who all want to play at once, but only 3 of my friends can join my game at a time.

This got me thinking. If you could pull together some sort of clan group with over 4 players, it could split the groups into teams and run two missions interdependent on eachother to complete. This gives you the changeup of more complex objectives and teamwork on a macro scale.

Of course each set of objectives could be tackled by teams of one or two, as there's not a huge variance in gameplay currently, but this is just as adaptable as anything else.

I think it would be cool in this sort of clan match where what you do in one group affects what happens with another group.

Say there is a locked door full of loot and goodies on Group A's mission, Group B hacks a terminal and unlocks Group A's door, and vice versa. Could be interesting if Group A had to manipulate (read: destroy) The Core security system in order for Group B to bring up the energy core and destroy it in a Raid.

Precisely. I can't quite think of any other sorts of fun interactions two teams could have at the moment, perhaps as the game nears completion there will be more scenarios; say a large cargo hold is filled with enemies and the hacking of a specific terminal overrides the doors, causing the bay to depressurize.

I think it would be a must to have segments where you can see the other team just on the other side of some barrier between the two groups.

Well of course they would need to improve the net code or place said matches on dedicated servers (Like they would be able to afford it) if for many people just doing 4 player co op its lagging then imagine what would happen if one person hosted an 8-16 player match.

Of course I'm all up for it once that issue gets settled.

Well of course they would need to improve the net code or place said matches on dedicated servers (Like they would be able to afford it) if for many people just doing 4 player co op its lagging then imagine what would happen if one person hosted an 8-16 player match.

Of course I'm all up for it once that issue gets settled.

True, I haven't had too much lag issue myself as I'm usually the host and playing with friends locally, or at least from the same state. But I think the bulk of it could be split up between two servers at one time, then maybe in the rare instance where, say one team looks through a window, and would be able to see the other team, it just sort of forwards the actions of characters in that room to one filled with matching NPCs in the other server. (Of course being able to see the other team is just a nice feature and not necessary in the slightest.)

While it may sound more complex, this has the added bonus of not needing to regulate map generation to creating two distinct paths with no intersecting rooms; Something that seems much simpler when only one map needs to be constructed within a single space.

Edited by Aksyl