The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nyx Absorb Causes Game Crash

Devtek

Not sure where this should go exactly but as it affects the performance of the game I'm putting it here.  I've searched the forums and without a known bug list I can't find it so, again I'm posting here.

Bug: Nyx ultimate Absorb is causing clients to crash when used in Hyena boss room.

Last night I was getting messed up bad by the Hyena (hit by missles) so I hit Absorb to let my shields recharge.  When the absorb detonated all three of my teammates DC'd at the exact same time.  They didn't quit because of boss drops not being what they were looking for,  as my Absorb killed the Hyena, no one had picked up loot yet.  I went back in to the mission with a new random team.  When we got to the boss room I hit absorb right away to test this, I crashed (don't know if any one else did b/c of this) right when I activated the ability.  Went in a third time, hit absorb and one person crashed in the middle of the fight before absorb went off. 

Now thinking that there was a definite connection between absorb and crashing I enlisted a friend to join a private game (so as to not deny random people the holy CM).  We arrived in the room and I hit absorb, nothing happened.  I hit it again when the boss was right beside me and my friend crashed.

I have used Absorb on other maps, but not in other boss rooms (yet) to see if it causes crashes in other boss fights too (I'm a little hesitant due to the whole crashing random people thing).  No crashes happened when I used Absorb in room/tile other than the one where the boss (Hyena) was located.  Even tried it in the room right before Hyena when he had spawned and nothing, it is only happening during the boss fight itself in the boss room.

I have never heard of this happening before and it certainly didn't happen to me before update 8.3.  There seems to be a few other performance issues with this patch (intermittent stuttering for example) and this might be related in some way.  Also I have not noticed any crashes when other frames use their abilities.

Have fun,

Dev