Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not a fan of Zephyr? Perhaps I can help Pt 2

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure why people hate zephyr as she is.

1.  She's one of the easiest frames in the game to mod right now (typical tank mods, duration, a little range and you're golden).

2.  Very few frames come to the level of airborne capability zephyr does, yeah titania can literally hover as long as she can maintain razorwing, but tile willing and certain loadout conditions met she can literally stay airborne infinitely.

3.  Turbulence makes hilariously tanky despite her main stats.  Pretty much the only threats you'll see as a zephyr are aoe toxin auras, attacks that ignore turbulence field for some reason, and low ceilings.

Being airbourne is hard to near-impossible on a lot of tilesets, especially older ones. Bigger tiles , however, allow Grineer to bypass her Turbulence with their hitscan weapon if they are far enough away from you, so somehow you want to be far away, yet as close as possible at the same time.

Against Corpus, she's immune against almost everything... until those funny ospreys appear and turn the whole ground into one big death zone for you.

The Void is actually the best place for her, as many tiles are big enough to fly, but not as big as to allow enemies to bypass Turbulence too easily.

I've used her a lot myself, mainly for better use of weapons like my Supra, but aside from the Tonkor, she has very little going for her in terms of actual power.

Ever since Bullet Jumping and Aimgliding became a thing, her mobility wasn't as big of an advantage any more, either.

If they ever fix the Tonkor synergy, Zephyr will be useless for most of the game. They removed the synergy of Volt's Shield with beam weapons as well, so I wouldn't count on it staying forever, even if they say they currently have no intentions to fix it.

18 minutes ago, Irorone said:

I'm not sure why people hate zephyr as she is.

1.  She's one of the easiest frames in the game to mod right now (typical tank mods, duration, a little range and you're golden).

2.  Very few frames come to the level of airborne capability zephyr does, yeah titania can literally hover as long as she can maintain razorwing, but tile willing and certain loadout conditions met she can literally stay airborne infinitely.

3.  Turbulence makes hilariously tanky despite her main stats.  Pretty much the only threats you'll see as a zephyr are aoe toxin auras, attacks that ignore turbulence field for some reason, and low ceilings.

Her kit is really lackluster. Her 1 and 2 are useless outside of some light CC since with Parkour 2.0 you can do all that without the cost of energy and might greater precision. Her 3 is really good, but her 4 is too unpredictable.  So having only one of her abilities being really good, and a non interactive, timed ability at that, makes her a bit uninteresting in the eyes of the masses. 

2 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Her kit is really lackluster. Her 1 and 2 are useless outside of some light CC since with Parkour 2.0 you can do all that without the cost of energy and might greater precision. Her 3 is really good, but her 4 is too unpredictable.  So having only one of her abilities being really good, and a non interactive, timed ability at that, makes her a bit uninteresting in the eyes of the masses. 

Light CC? She's amazing with CC, using Divebomb and Blastoff, with up to 17.5 meters of KD. Divebomb Vortex has up to 30 meters of Ragdolling. Considering she can remain out of range and drop in to completely reset the battlefields placements makes her CC quite amazing.

2 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Being airbourne is hard to near-impossible on a lot of tilesets, especially older ones. Bigger tiles , however, allow Grineer to bypass her Turbulence with their hitscan weapon if they are far enough away from you, so somehow you want to be far away, yet as close as possible at the same time.

Against Corpus, she's immune against almost everything... until those funny ospreys appear and turn the whole ground into one big death zone for you.

The Void is actually the best place for her, as many tiles are big enough to fly, but not as big as to allow enemies to bypass Turbulence too easily.

I've used her a lot myself, mainly for better use of weapons like my Supra, but aside from the Tonkor, she has very little going for her in terms of actual power.

Ever since Bullet Jumping and Aimgliding became a thing, her mobility wasn't as big of an advantage any more, either.

If they ever fix the Tonkor synergy, Zephyr will be useless for most of the game. They removed the synergy of Volt's Shield with beam weapons as well, so I wouldn't count on it staying forever, even if they say they currently have no intentions to fix it.

I haven't had a problem remaining airborne. Her lightweight makes it very simple to remain airborne via aimglide.

Optimizing for defense is also very simple. If you have some mods for range on Turbulence, nobody is going to hit you at any range except for up close AOE Kds, or Blast AOEs from Explosions, which aren't a problem if you remain airborne, or even wall latch.

she is good with most self damaging weapons. I love bringing all of the proximity weapons with her, including Staticor and Sonicor. She has Air superiority, without being stuck with a chip damage weapon like Titania. She has clear LOS of the battlefield, and can make far greater use of parkour than any other frame due to her passive.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

My problem with Zephyr is that she's just... boring. 

Her 1 is fulfilled by bulletjumping, except you don't have to spend energy to bulletjump.

Her 2 is fulfilled by any melee weapon.

Her 3 is fire-and-forget, which means it's effectively passive immortality.

And her 4 does good CC, but it also makes it a pain in the &#! to actually try and kill anything.

She relies entirely on her guns to actually accomplish anything, and in comparison to 95% of the rest of the Warframe's she just feels... dull. Also she responds to colors about as well as an 18 year old responds to terminal cancer.

12 minutes ago, fishworshipper said:

My problem with Zephyr is that she's just... boring. 

Her 1 is fulfilled by bulletjumping, except you don't have to spend energy to bulletjump.

Her 2 is fulfilled by any melee weapon.

Her 3 is fire-and-forget, which means it's effectively passive immortality.

And her 4 does good CC, but it also makes it a pain in the &#! to actually try and kill anything.

She relies entirely on her guns to actually accomplish anything, and in comparison to 95% of the rest of the Warframe's she just feels... dull. Also she responds to colors about as well as an 18 year old responds to terminal cancer.

Her 1 can be used in tandem with bullet jumping, deals damage, and crowd control. Bullet Jumping doesn't do a tenth of what Tailwind can do.

Her 2 increases in damage by height, forces a Knockdown, synergizes very well with Heavy impact by forcing it to activate without the usual height requirement, and has an augment that provides a 30 meter controlled ragdolling effect. 

Her 3 requires more than fire and forget. She can die easily if you just forget it and do nothing. It also comes with an augment that lets her synergize with one of the most powerful primaries in a way that no other frame can manage.

Her 4 needs work. I'd say if she has a fire and forget, this is it. It's worth noting that this power seriously curbs hordes to trickling in, which is as good as Molecular prime in that respect. 

Most frames powers can be performed by a weapon or some kind of gear, but the way I prefer to see it is that they can accomplish those feats without some niche loadout. Zephyr is complicated, but she is fun. Her greatest problem, IMO, is how she can fall off tile sets upward. It seriously limits Her, with having to worry about getting too high up.