Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking system is bad. Really bad.

Fenrisulfr

I'm certain this was already sent countless times, but I hope the devs will take this as incentive to make it better.

The matchmaking system is really bad. First of all, for first several hours I've been playing I had no idea what am I doing at all. Its horribly non-intuitive.

You can look on only one mission for group, and you can't see how many people/squads are even there. The existing squad number indicator is completely useless as its almost always wrong.

And the whole system is bugged out more often than not. I just keep switching to modes when it would instantly put me on "Play now" to modes when I can't enter any squad at all.

So, all in all, it'd be nice if you guys could work on it. Its a pretty major thing, so hopefully we'll get more functionality from it soon.

Keep calm and breathe. There is no matchmaking system AFAIK, the game just checks for ongoing instances of the map you want to join.

The UI is one of the weakest points of the game and DE WILL have to improve it, but this is che current reality.

Find an active clan, send friend requests, stay in groups you do manage to join or who join you.

Just putting feedback out, even if it was already said.

Only at a reasonable amount of duplicates, though. Everyone making a new thread even if people have made one before will just lead to spam. :c

Yes, the UI does need fixing up. It's pretty glitchy right now and it's pretty annoying to find a match. Joining a match is even worse because you join a match most of the time (at least for me it doesn't) and if not then it takes well over 5 minutes to find a group.

However, this game is still in its' beta and will most probably be fixed up soon.

another related issue that needs to be adressed: if someone in your squad chooses a mission in the mission screen, while you're on a different planet, it's really hard to put your vote, because you can't zoom out to the solar system without quitting the session, or memorizing how all the planets are connected.

i'm only playing warframe for a little over 3 weeks now, but that was the first problem i noticed, and i'd think that would be a more important thing to include in an update, than a buggy wallrun mechanic :\

Edited by plastictrash

and another thing that really bugs me about the match making, especially for later planets, is, that it's almost impossible to find players to unlock new routes. i'm playing on the EU server, but even at peak times, i maybe see 10-15 squads in the whole solar system. i know it's closed beta, and a number of people are playing private matches, but i'd imagine there'd still be more than a couple dozen people playing at a time.

i've actually spent something like 15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to find a squad in a mission that would make sense for me to do, several times, just to see myself give up and quit the game, because none of my contacts was online either.

and another thing that really bugs me about the match making, especially for later planets, is, that it's almost impossible to find players to unlock new routes. i'm playing on the EU server, but even at peak times, i maybe see 10-15 squads in the whole solar system. i know it's closed beta, and a number of people are playing private matches, but i'd imagine there'd still be more than a couple dozen people playing at a time.

i've actually spent something like 15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to find a squad in a mission that would make sense for me to do, several times, just to see myself give up and quit the game, because none of my contacts was online either.

This happens to me very frequently... ANd it causes me to stop playing for awhile.