The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

The night was full of the grisly mess that was Grineer celebration; Gunfire sprayed into the air, beer was passed around, chants of "U SEE GAR" and "Stay close to the walls" were heard, and the screams of Corpus captives echoed into the night.

But from perched atop a cliff overlooking the spectacle, Alex sighed forlornly into his helmet. Despite the fact that the Grineer suffered heavy losses during their invasion and that Alad V's plans for their comrades were cut short, he couldn't help but feel that this was a hollow victory.

The Lotus may have received a result that met her satisfaction, but despite the fact that this was the largest concentration of Cryopods retrieved at one point, Eleanor still wasn't amongst them.

He once again started to wonder if he would ever find her, if he'd die in battle before doing so, or whether she was lost to them forever, until his ruminations were interrupted by a hand clapping against his shoulder. "C'mon, our job's over, let's get out of here," Came Guillermo's voice, and Alex nodded, turning to face the rest of his clan. He fought alongside half of their clan in the final push, with the other half fighting elsewhere. Hadrian himself took to the field in his Vauban. Guillermo, Keiji, and the twins, Akio and Akito, in their Ash and Volt, respectively, were also fighting alongside Alex in the final hours of the campaign.

They all nodded to him and he nodded in return as they finished loading up their loot on their cloaked Cruiser, concealed on the planet's surface, before taking to the skies to return home.

Sorry about the long silence from me guys. The bits of operation cookie that I was working on have deleted twice (once my bloody computer, once my bloody 'friend'), and I just came back yesterday after a week away. To top that, for Gravidus, I managed to complete 93 missions before it closed. So I'm a little bit pissed about that. In any case, later today i'll try to just throw together enough of operation cookie to let you guys get started, given how inconsistent I have managed to be about getting it done, and maybe I might write a few paragraphs from Gravidus after. So, expect something in the next few hours.

Sorry about the long silence from me guys. The bits of operation cookie that I was working on have deleted twice (once my bloody computer, once my bloody 'friend'), and I just came back yesterday after a week away. To top that, for Gravidus, I managed to complete 93 missions before it closed. So I'm a little bit &!$$ed about that. In any case, later today i'll try to just throw together enough of operation cookie to let you guys get started, given how inconsistent I have managed to be about getting it done, and maybe I might write a few paragraphs from Gravidus after. So, expect something in the next few hours.

Your 'friend' should get the royal &#!-kicking only Weylon and Vaughan can give (they found spiky punk boots with a steel toe during a mission)

Oh come oooonnnn, why would you foreshadow something so amazing and leave it there? We can/will get to it eventually. THAT EPIPHANY WAS TOO GREAT TO BE PASSED UP. I mean, unless you guys have IRL stuff goin' on in your life right now. 

Edited by Ajkrumen

Nyx walked into the bridge of the ship, and the door hissed closed behind her. Nova-Quinn was pressing random buttons on the main control panel and giggling whenever something happened, while Loki was at another control panel and seemed to be making sure that no damage she did was permanent. Vauban, sitting at a table in the corner look up at Nyx and put away what looked like a dismembered bounce pad he had been tinkering with.

"Nyx!" exclaimed Loki, "Now that we're all here can you finally tell us what exactly we are doing? If Nova-Quinn doesn't get another source of entertainment soon, then she's going to blow up this junk-box of a ship."

Nova-Quinn's head shot up "Really?" she asked excitedly, "I didn't think I would be able to get that far for another ten minutes! Where's the 'explosion' button? It will be fun!"

"Yes, I can tell you all what we're doing now." replied Nyx to Loki, "Or at least what we will all need to do next." She walked over to where NQ was manically pushing buttons on the controls and inserted a small device into a port on the panel. The visible dome-shaped end of the device started crackling and glowing, and then shone brightly. From it, a medium-sized holographic map of the Sol System appeared over the console.

"Oooh... pretty..." breathed Nova-Quinn, ceasing to press buttons madly. She stretched out a reverent hand towards Jupiter, and pushed her finger into its glimmering image.

"Where the hell did you get that?" asked Loki, strolling over, "And where can I get one?"

Nyx smiled sadly, replying quietly, "I doubt you'll be able to. I got this before the Collapse." She shook herself, and continued "For the first part, we will be splitting up into 2 groups. Me and Loki, NQ and Vauban."

"Where and what?" asked Vauban from right behind them, making them all jump - none of them had noticed him coming up to them.

Nyx pressed a few buttons on the console, and the view expanded and divided into two - one with the Grineer base of Tolstoj glowing in the centre, and one showing Earth Prime's desolated and industrial surface. "NQ and Vauban, you'll be heading to Earth Prime first. We know that the Archinve is located there. At the same time, me and Loki will be heading to Tolstoj, and Vor, to get the exact location of it. Once we have gotten to Vor, using stealth, and a bit of mind-twisting, I can... Extract the exact location of the Archive, and send it to you."

"On your way to Earth, Vauban, you had best prepare the... device. I assume you have the required power core?" Vauban nodded his head, "Good, the rest of it is in the cargo hold. You'll want to attune it to NQ. Once we have forwarded the co-ordinates to you, you'll hopefully already be on Earth - you can use this ship and its access codes to get into a docking bay. From there, go to the Archive and do your best to keep anyone who wishes to... interfere with it out."

"You will also need to prepare the area. Once Loki and I get to Earth, we will need to move quickly. The rest can be explained later, so any questions about it up to that point?"

So guys, ready to begin?