Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration errors

AlexisLestra

So it's still happening...

...A squad of 4 playing on a mission node (Akkad, defense mission) and all of a sudden the host disconnects and a host migration occurs. I didn't successfully migrate myself, it told me that the current session was no longer available. I contacted the other three to see if it was the same. I first contacted the host who told me he was still in the session himself all alone, and wasn't able to complete the mission successfully as he was on the 39th wave. Poor host right? Anyway, I contacted the other two and to my surprise they're still in a session together, which means they successfully migrated and I didn't. If a new session was created, why did Warframe give me the dialog box saying there wasn't a new session created?

I have an idea as to what the answer might be, of course, this is optional for you to read this next part as my main point resides with the question asked in the first paragraph. I should stress that my Internet connection occasionally cuts out, and can cut out for quite some time (although I'm not actually sure it's a cut because when I'm not playing any games on my PC and watching Youtube or streaming videos for instance, I don't notice any cuts), but we could call this Warframe putting extra stress on the usage of my Internet connection. About a month ago when I was still playing Warframe more actively I did raids and would occasionally disconnect. This happened frequently enough that my peers feared for their lives what role to give me in the raid and would say "Ah, Alexis disconnected again..." over voice comms (TS3).

And see, in these raids... my ping connection to the host is very stable (up until it decides to cut) at about 150-200ms, I also have a decent connection speed of 42mbps down and 5mbps up. This 'cutting' has caused quite an issue in many case scenarios and over the years of playing Warframe I see that host migration is slowly but surely getting fixed. It's only obscure cases like mine that get the long end of the stick as I feel there's lots of time wasted and frustration over missing rewards.