Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me and standardized tests (SAT to be more specific).

(PSN)JaysInc_

pzJb1rA.png

Why, just why for the life of me can I not get a score equivalent or greater than a 1200, it's not like math for me is hard, hell it has been my best subject throughout my whole school career, including science. But these tests...they just tell me something completely different...

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

pzJb1rA.png

Why, just why for the life of me can I not get a score equivalent or greater than a 1200, it's not like math for me is hard, hell it has been my best subject throughout my whole school career, including science. But these tests...they just tell me something completely different...

Because standardized tests don't actually show intelligence in some cases standardize tests just test how good of a tester you are. It doesn't test intelligenc just the elements that make you a good test taker. Such as mental readiness.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

Because standardized tests don't actually show intelligence in some cases standardize tests just test how good of a tester you are. It doesn't test intelligenc just the elements that make you a good test taker. Such as mental readiness.

I guess that somewhat makes sense, cause every time I take these tests my mind is literally everywhere

Just now, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I guess that somewhat makes sense, cause every time I take these tests my mind is literally everywhere

That is likely your problem your mind shoots around you get flustered you rush through and you only use a fraction of what you know. It's a common problem just take more standardized tests to practice.

41 minutes ago, ChesterThe2nd said:

Yep, its no fun if you got professors that barely speak the language, not sure if thats something that happens where you live but in Germany its not that uncommon. 

That's what it's like in highschool for me...it's ridiculous. I'm an American and I will tell you it's that bad here too.

5 hours ago, ChesterThe2nd said:

Yep, its no fun if you got professors that barely speak the language, not sure if thats something that happens where you live but in Germany its not that uncommon. 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

That's what it's like in highschool for me...it's ridiculous. I'm an American and I will tell you it's that bad here too.

I can relate to that to, had teachers that were brought in from different countries that had no idea what they were doing (or had any idea in who they were dealing with), which sorta set me back.

Well i remember getting 12xx without spending a sec studying, and that was the second year I landed on America. That test however I would admit if i study I might actually get way higher because most of the times I knew what to do but I forgot the steps. 

These test in my opinion is not testing how good you are with the "hard knowledge" but the "soft knowledge..." meaning they are testing how well you are at using the knowledge you learned in the classroom to apply it into a different situation. How well can you think outside the box is what im saying. How flexible your brain is...is what they are testing...I think.