The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invite-Only Game Option?

Foxbyte

I find it weird there's no option for an 'invite-only' option for the host. Sometimes you just feel like playing alone until someone specific pops online, or just want to play with specific people. Maybe an option under Private games to be invite only? I thought maybe Solo would be like that, but that seems to disable the friends list entirely.

Yeah, not seeing a problem with that though. If you don't want people to join, play Solo. If you want a game to not include randoms, go Private. If you don't want specific people on your contact list joining your game, why are they on your contact list in the first place?

If you don't want specific people on your contact list joining your game, why are they on your contact list in the first place?

Because you want to contact them?

Guy's the OP's suggestion is not a bad one. I would wish for it myself.

Here is a good example. You've got 10-12 friends on your friend's list playing a game at any one time. You and 3 of your friends decide to make a lobby. You join in, but one guy is going to be late or takes a while... now someone else has joined. Now your only choice is to leave and make a new lobby, wherein they can join again.

And if I'm not mistaken, people can join from your clan too, and if your clan is huge then you'll have randomers joining all the time.

Sure if you have decent friends they'll leave when you ask... but it would be much nicer if you could make it invite-only so that you don't have to turn down one friend for another :/

Because you want to contact them?

Guy's the OP's suggestion is not a bad one. I would wish for it myself.

Here is a good example. You've got 10-12 friends on your friend's list playing a game at any one time. You and 3 of your friends decide to make a lobby. You join in, but one guy is going to be late or takes a while... now someone else has joined. Now your only choice is to leave and make a new lobby, wherein they can join again.

And if I'm not mistaken, people can join from your clan too, and if your clan is huge then you'll have randomers joining all the time.

Sure if you have decent friends they'll leave when you ask... but it would be much nicer if you could make it invite-only so that you don't have to turn down one friend for another :/

This happens SO MUCH to me, it drives me friggin' bonkers. Especially since one guy doesn't have the greatest net, and it usually takes him a while to download a patch so we're waiting around with three of four spots filled and another friend pops in. I mean, I like the guy, but we planned to play with another guy.

Invite-only would be so much nicer for these planned things.