Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris And Lanka Firing Mechanisms Are Horrible

PaperAlien

I understand. They want a faster cool down between shots just because they are charged. Considering how much damage these weapons do unmodded, asking for an even faster cool down would be like making Orgis and Lanka full auto. Players could just hold down fire and wait for the weapon to go off.

I would also like to not have to reload on energy weapons.....these are just player specific wants. They are not needed.

If they made the charge longer, there wouldn't be a difference.

If they made the charge longer, there wouldn't be a difference.

Huh?

Why would we need a longer charge?

The OP was stating that the cooldown (the actual time before you can start charging again) was too long. Making the charge time longer would be even more of a hindrance.

Edited by OrokinNoob

Huh?

The OP was stating that the cooldown (the actual time before you can start charging again) was too long. Making the charge time longer would be even more of a hindrance.

So you think I said to make charge longer instead of removing the crap. You people don't read carefully.

I've only tried the Ogris, but I'm pretty sure the Lanka uses a similar mechanism, so my feedback applies to it as well. Having a charge-up time AND a fire cap is bad enough already, but when you add in non-existent buffering (click again 0.1 seconds too early, no charging), and resetting the fire cap when you release the charge early, it becomes a stupidly frustrating hiccup in the usage of both these weapons. If a weapon needs charging to fire, there's no need to limit its fire rate, it's already limited by the charge time. Even if you were to double the charge time in exchange for removing the fire cap, the weapons would be much less clumsy.

Huh?

Read. I clearly stated that cooldown was too long, AND that the actual charging time can be increased to compensate.

Edited by PaperAlien

I understand. They want a faster cool down between shots just because they are charged. Considering how much damage these weapons do unmodded, asking for an even faster cool down would be like making Orgis and Lanka full auto. Players could just hold down fire and wait for the weapon to go off.

You are assuming it would be automatic. All that's needed is that the weapon starts charging the second you click, no matter how long it's been since you last let go of the trigger.That would make those guns feel consistent. It would make their firing mechanisms reliable.

Game balance is irrelevant when it comes to counterintuitive input systems. It's similar to a weapon that required you to left click while holding down left shift, Caps Lock and your Num Lock key at the same time to fire. That's not how you balance weapons.

Edited by The_Doc

Always the same complaints on the charging issue. The moment a weapon takes a little bit more skill to use, people start crying. Lanka and Ogris have a firing rythm you have to get into, but that means actually playing with the gun longer than 5 minutes...

Lookes like you didn't played enought with them... They are clrearly bugged cause it gets stucked after you charge and release to soon. Only way to fix it is switching to secondary and back or reloading i think.

Seems not intended to me and is happaning more often since latest patch then before.

if they add it to the charging and removing the gap between fire an re charging then it would be fine. even though it actually makes it slower in general.

since now it is to stop ppl from fireing fast after one shot like it is there to let ogris "cool" itself (that is what i am thinking.

There is really no indication of that. It's just sloppy. And it's also the Lanka.

So you think I said to make charge longer instead of removing the crap. You people don't read carefully.

You said "If they made the charge longer, there wouldn't be a difference." you didn't say if they may the charge longer AND removed the cool down. I only read what was given. If you were implying that, then state the context, too many conversations to put together what was said 5 post up.

Even if you were to double the charge time in exchange for removing the fire cap, the weapons would be much less clumsy.

Alternatively, remove the charging and reduce the fire rate to compensate. The only rocket launcher that ever needed to charge is the one from UT 2004, and that had a good reason for it.

Double alternatively, make the charging automatic, although I guess that would be functionally the same as my other suggestion.

Alternatively, remove the charging and reduce the fire rate to compensate. The only rocket launcher that ever needed to charge is the one from UT 2004, and that had a good reason for it.

Double alternatively, make the charging automatic, although I guess that would be functionally the same as my other suggestion.

I don't know, there is actually a minor difference between only having charge time and only having a firecap. While the effective firerate could be the same, a charged-only weapon carries unique (dis)advantages such as not being able to react instantly when surprised (with Ogris, this might be a good thing so you don't blow yourself up by accident) etc. Either version is way better than the current, that's for sure.

Edited by PaperAlien

The charge mechanic is so awful I sunk 5 Forma into the Lanka to prove that even at its best it's still terrible, and guess what? It's still terrible. It is not a fun weapon to use, and it's all because of the horrible charging mechanic. It is not comparable to the bows in any way, they are vastly more usable than it is because you can click after releasing an arrow and your Tenno will begin charging the moment they've nocked a new arrow, but with the Lanka they'll just stand around doing nothing. You can't react quickly to enemy presence by firing a lower-damage shot immediately because if you release early you lose the charge and get nothing. You also lose your charge when rolling. The audio cue isn't exactly synced to the charge time and it's not possible to see the sparkly crap they added when you're zoomed in on a sniper weapon.

Don't build the Lanka. It's not worth your time. It's not worth a catalyst. It's definitely not worth Forma. It's not worth the 7 Control Modules in the Fieldron, it's not worth the Plastids, it's not worth the 20 freaking Gallium. It's not worth anything.

Don't build the Lanka.

Edited by Denzine