Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Missions

Voltyr

I'm sure this must've come up before, but I want to ask: Does anyone enjoy Rescue missions?
Personally I find that having to babysit anything is not a fun game mechanic, because it forces the player to focus on something that isn't killing enemies and sliding/leaping/wallrunning around, which are the elements that constitute the actual gameplay.
Failure to be distracted from the core gameplay elements to instead sacrifice attention to the hostage will result in defeat (happens extra easily thanks to the hostage sometimes getting stuck or running around in circles), losing you everything you've gained and also losing you however much time it took you to get to that point in the mission.

That's just how I view it though. I'd like to hear what other people think. Do some of you enjoy rescue missions? And if so, why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

I answered it here

So your solution to the issues that this mission type has is to simply turn it into a capture mission that involves opening a cell door first.

Yep, that would work just, although it would make the mission type a bit obsolete. Functional solution, but at that point you might as well just replace Rescue with Capture entirely.

Any other opinions and suggestions from anyone?