Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Drone Event, Boring And Unfaire? My Feedback.

Vakain

Lots of people complaining about time being the only factor stopping them from getting top 100. Well the dedication it takes to farm these drones all weekend nonstop to get into the top 100 is not easy to come by. You can sit there and think "Oh well he only beat me because I had to take Jimmy to the doctor." and yes, you can't compete because of it. I don't enter marathons because I don't have the dedication or time it takes to spend all day running. Is a marathon any less fair than this? I don't think so. Almost every achievement is simply an investment in time. Do you go to a marathon to tell them their contest is unfair and they are stupid for wasting their time?

So untrue. Many people here try to put sport as example, but that's wrong case.In your case it's marathon. Problem is, you  are making wrong comparison - in sports marathon wins the most prepared and trained one as all have the same distance to run. In our "marathon" it isn't the case. In our case wins the person who ran the longest distance, or to put it simply, the person who spent more time on event, not the one who prepared/trained most for it. As such, our event does not value skill, only amount of free time in a given period.

Edited by Aedwynn

So untrue. Many people here try to put sport as example, but that's wrong case.In your case it's marathon. Problem is, you are making wrong comparison - in sports marathon wins the most prepared and trained one as all have the same distance to run. In our "marathon" it isn't the case. In our case wins the person who ran the longest distance, or to put it simply, the person who spent more time on event, not the one who prepared/trained most for it. As such, our event do not value skill, only amount of free time in a given period.

Marathons have a huge amount of time requirements. You don't have that kind of cardio if you sit around all day. You have to train to get it. The investment in time is much much greater. Running is not a skill, it is an investment in time.

Edit: Sports require dedication over months, not days, and that's the difference. You can't compete with world class athletes because you can't compete with someone who's got more dedication and free time than you.

Edited by Excitonex

Marathons have a huge amount of time requirements. You don't have that kind of cardio if you sit around all day. You have to train to get it. The investment in time is much much greater. Running is not a skill, it is an investment in time.

Edit: Sports require dedication over months, not days, and that's the difference. You can't compete with world class athletes because you can't compete with someone who's got more dedication and free time than you.

LOL. That's exactly the point. In our case guy who didn't spent lifetime doing sports will win, cause he is jobless bum have a lot of free time and can run, yes, not super fast but for three days. And our world champion will run only his distance for one day as he got training tomorrow and fail as his distance will be shorter.

In this event how many time you spent on game before nor your skill mattered nothing. Only how many free time you got on that specific three days.

Edit: editor is completely broken.

Edited by Aedwynn

More players = More enemies = More drones. If OP communicated with his team, they would have gotten the same amount of kills.

As for this competitions fairness, I think that there's one huge flaw in it, it mentions actual kills for clans rather than ratio. So for each player in a really huge clan, one kill per player equals thousands of kills for the whole clan. The Tiers somewhat make this more fair, but still this isn't an indication of clan-behaviour, it's just an indication of numbers.

I would say that a clan whose members cooperate would be infinitely more deserving than a clan that just has lots of members.

More players = More enemies = More drones. If OP communicated with his team, they would have gotten the same amount of kills.

As for this competitions fairness, I think that there's one huge flaw in it, it mentions actual kills for clans rather than ratio. So for each player in a really huge clan, one kill per player equals thousands of kills for the whole clan. The Tiers somewhat make this more fair, but still this isn't an indication of clan-behaviour, it's just an indication of numbers.

I would say that a clan whose members cooperate would be infinitely more deserving than a clan that just has lots of members.

Nope. You won't get as much drones running 4man team in 1 mission than 4players running 4 missions solo. They do not increase in quantity that much, plus in party drone kill effectiveness is 1/4 per spawn as only 1 player benefits, while 3 other misses it. In solo every drone spawned counts toward only one player.

On last sentence: Broframe scored 1st , and that indicates that in such event number > cooperation