Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reconsider Your Updateing Approach.

_Tiamat_

I've been around for quite some time, and let me say upfront that I appreciate the updates and support I've seen. However I can't say that I like all of them, and probably I'm not the only one.

I can't speak for others, but I find quite a few thing in updates irritating.

Objective markers. Back when I started playing they used to work more or less like they do now - they pointed to nearby "waypoint" then to the next one and so on. From a newbie perspective that's great and convenient, and I used to like them that way. Later they started working differently, instead of a closer waypoints they started pointing to what I'd call room "border doors". I didn't like this back then, because for an inexperienced player that can make navigation harder. As I gained experience though, I adapted, first it stopped giving me trouble, and later, once I've become very familiar with most rooms I started appreciating it, since knowing which exact "border door" I need lets me use short-cuts more efficiently. And then it changed again, to an older way, which I currently dislike. Why can't we have a choice of how we want markers to work?

Power colours. It may be a cool feature for some people but I'd rather keep them independent from frame colours. Also, I'd personally want them displayed the old way in my game. Other's may colour them all they like, but what's so bad about not showing their colour experiments to me? Why can't we have an option to make the colours work the old way? While I'm at it why can't we switch the colour of frames off as well? I find default frame colours better than over 99% of custom schemes I've seen. What's so bad in letting me see them the way I prefer?

There are probably more UI/cosmetic things others dislike, but, obviously, I can only name the ones I dislike. In general though, when it comes down to cosmetic and UI changes it should be up to player whether they want those changes on their side of things or not, it shouldn't come as an enforced change.

And then there are gameplay elements.

Take despair for example. Sure it's a cool weapon, sure it has it's fun moments ,but that monstrosity pretty much spells doom on all the normal side-arms. They are simply not in the same league.

Or there's an example of vauban. It may be a cool frame to use, but it's a living embodiment of frustration for some people.

I'm trying to say that, while your updates are great in general, you are not paying enough attention to the possible downsides of your changes and additions. This is the part that, in my opinion, you should reconsider.

On the default looks, there is a default colors option for you dude.

about the guns, sounds like you are just sad your gun isn't up to what something else can do.

Everything you are talking about here is opinion/how a user uses such things like Vauban.

I've been around for quite some time, and let me say upfront that I appreciate the updates and support I've seen. However I can't say that I like all of them, and probably I'm not the only one.

I can't speak for others, but I find quite a few thing in updates irritating.

Objective markers. Back when I started playing they used to work more or less like they do now - they pointed to nearby "waypoint" then to the next one and so on. From a newbie perspective that's great and convenient, and I used to like them that way. Later they started working differently, instead of a closer waypoints they started pointing to what I'd call room "border doors". I didn't like this back then, because for an inexperienced player that can make navigation harder. As I gained experience though, I adapted, first it stopped giving me trouble, and later, once I've become very familiar with most rooms I started appreciating it, since knowing which exact "border door" I need lets me use short-cuts more efficiently. And then it changed again, to an older way, which I currently dislike. Why can't we have a choice of how we want markers to work?

Power colours. It may be a cool feature for some people but I'd rather keep them independent from frame colours. Also, I'd personally want them displayed the old way in my game. Other's may colour them all they like, but what's so bad about not showing their colour experiments to me? Why can't we have an option to make the colours work the old way? While I'm at it why can't we switch the colour of frames off as well? I find default frame colours better than over 99% of custom schemes I've seen. What's so bad in letting me see them the way I prefer?

There are probably more UI/cosmetic things others dislike, but, obviously, I can only name the ones I dislike. In general though, when it comes down to cosmetic and UI changes it should be up to player whether they want those changes on their side of things or not, it shouldn't come as an enforced change.

And then there are gameplay elements.

Take despair for example. Sure it's a cool weapon, sure it has it's fun moments ,but that monstrosity pretty much spells doom on all the normal side-arms. They are simply not in the same league.

Or there's an example of vauban. It may be a cool frame to use, but it's a living embodiment of frustration for some people.

I'm trying to say that, while your updates are great in general, you are not paying enough attention to the possible downsides of your changes and additions. This is the part that, in my opinion, you should reconsider.

I don't agree with you on how bad the things are i like every single one of them except how waypoints work which is very annoying on the grinner defense map as the border doors are everywhere, i do think that they should give you an option to display other frame's colors in your menu. 

Like a little checkbox that would say "Display colors of allies" so some people with bad computers or a bad graphic chip can tone down the need on their graphic card or computer and for some players like you who prefer default colors.

Vauban is one of the best classes to use and most useful for defense missions what you're coming across are trolls that use it the "wrong" way, while what i mostly do is toss down a bastille around pod or a downed allies and I use vortex to hop across long platforms or simply to jump high enough because someone decided they wanna start elevator on a map (easy to jump on top of platform of grineer map with vortex) and if you know how you can use vortex to drag enemies away from pod or to simply ragdoll or combo it with Torid or Ogris and bounce is just fun and it can be great to defend pod if you have 4 Vauban who covered the whole pod in it.

I agree with you on the border doors, used to be I could utilise what I learned about that room's composition to get from door-to-door a faster, but now I have to pause every now and then to look at where the breadcrumb points next.

Kinda counter to the effort of trying to make us 'master' the new rooms through practice.

On the default looks, there is a default colors option for you dude.

about the guns, sounds like you are just sad your gun isn't up to what something else can do.

Everything you are talking about here is opinion/how a user uses such things like Vauban.

The "option" resets the colour scheme of my frame, that's not what I was talking about.

About "guns", FYI I happen to have a blueprint of despair in my own foundry, it's not jealousy, it's a gameplay concern. No really it's not normal, we had boatload of sidearms with different features and play-styles to choose from, but since the appearance of despair they are mostly picking dust.

Also, vauban IS being used in a number of annoying ways, no features of his and no ways of use of it can change that. Sure it can be used in a team friendly way, but what does that have to do with allowing him the freedom of trolling?

And I never said that my own opinion is universal. It's simply a number of examples, the main point - they aren't considering the downsides of their changes enough.

People have a natural fear of change.

They also have a syndrome of "better grass is always somewhere else". Change is often overrated. In any event, generalising bears no fruit here. Every change worth considering is worth considering separately.

Vauban is one of the best classes to use and most useful for defense missions what you're coming across are trolls that use it the "wrong" way, while what i mostly do is toss down a bastille around pod or a downed allies and I use vortex to hop across long platforms or simply to jump high enough because someone decided they wanna start elevator on a map (easy to jump on top of platform of grineer map with vortex) and if you know how you can use vortex to drag enemies away from pod or to simply ragdoll or combo it with Torid or Ogris and bounce is just fun and it can be great to defend pod if you have 4 Vauban who covered the whole pod in it.

I'm not talking about it's usefulness (imho it needs a size nerf on it's stasis, but that's a different topic), I'm talking about how his abilities mess with other players. Even the ones who aren't trying to troll can be extremely annoying, and the ones who are intentionally trying to annoy their team reach surprising results. All it would take to stop that is a simple switch that would allow a player to opt out of team-mates' invasive skills affecting them, and yet the dev team doesn't seem to give a damn.