Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Suggestion- A Way To Fix Defence Rewards!

Jin_Kazama

Hey all, my idea is that it would be a good idea if defence mission rewards didn't come up again if cancelled 5 waves ago.

So if i got Stormbringer in wave 5, then from then on it would be removed from the Table, in turn it gives everyone less of a headache when you see the last cancelled item appear again, as well as give rare mods a better chance to appear!

Now lets say your team of tenno if fortunate to get to a high wave of say 35+, then the mods shown from then onwards would always have to be in the rare pool...

Think thats a to easy way to get rare mods? then either add more mods to the table, or make them slightly more rare , at least then when your doing a defence mission you actually feel a need to go on other then XP (which level 30 warframes dont even need)

What's everyone elses thoughts about it???

I agree that having rewards repeat themselves is a little pointless since theres no real incentive to get to the higher waves unless youre just going for bragging rights. Something like having the items drop out of the pool after theyve been declined would make more sense than to have Hellfire appear every other 5 waves.

Having only rares drop after 35 would be too easy for teams, maybe increasing the chances of rares and and uncommons up to 25 and then further increasing rares and decreasing commons. Only issue there is that youll eventually run out of items if you have a good enough team.

But if a team that  is progressing past say wave 40-45, and the items shown have reached the limit, then it'd be okay for the items to loop, because at that stage there would probably be another reason to continue to future waves, like for XP or for bragging right e.t.c

Plus keep in mind that for harder defence missions like outer terminus, wave 40+ is truly gruelling enemies, so not many people would get that far unless they are going for an alternate motive

Another idea might be to have some items only drop after wave 30, such as Handspring, Master Thief and Barrier (the one that shields u as u revive). That or after say enemies hit level 100. That would give people an incentive to get to those waves.

Also with the right team composition (Vauban for cc, Saryn for area dmg, Trinity for energy and Rhino for dmg buff) getting to waves 40+ are relatively easy as long as it infested.

I think that would just make it too easy to farm stuff. Personally, I would like a 'tier 4' drop table that starts after wave 20 (or some other higher number) that is the same as tier 3 but with all the uncommon mods removed. Additionally, this would give a real reason to go past waves 5 and 10 (which the vast majority of my games seem to end at).

Edited by Sesshou01

I agree the current system sucks since there's no benefit to going past wave 5. However this change would make it too easy to farm rare mods and I really doubt DE would go for it. It would make more sense if the drop rates for common mods decreased and rare mods increased for every 5 waves. Still RNG but also rewarding players for taking greater risks and challenges.

I think it would be better that picking "Battle" gets the wave reward locked in along with other mods that you picked up.

I mean, Lotus says that "you will be rewarded for your bravery" but getting hellfire after forfeiting hell's chamber doesn't feel like reward at all

Edited by WhisperByte

I agree the current system sucks since there's no benefit to going past wave 5. However this change would make it too easy to farm rare mods and I really doubt DE would go for it. It would make more sense if the drop rates for common mods decreased and rare mods increased for every 5 waves. Still RNG but also rewarding players for taking greater risks and challenges.

Not necessarily, keep in mind there doesn't have to be rare mods in the tables for lower level defence missions, its just really tedious to go an hour into a defence mission to come out with hellfire lol