Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What'd I miss?

saltshaker42

Question

Hey guys, I'm an old Warframe veteran. The last time I played was about 2 years ago I think - it's been a while.

I've decided to play again, and I gotta say I'm liking a lot of the new changes. I wish I knew that the game got this good. But now I have a bit of a problem in that I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, or where the new mod farming spots are, or what mods are good now, and which ones fell out of use, or if there's something I don't know that I don't know about. I really wanna know how to get Volt Prime, but I can just wiki that I presume. Still, any information is helpful.

Is Latron Prime still one of the best weapons in the game? Please say yes. It's my baby.

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

Thank you. This was helpful, though it didn't answer some of my questions, like mod farming spots, or which mods are good now and which ones I should avoid that were maybe previously good.

I don't expect you, or any one single person to answer all my questions, but it'd help if I knew some of these things. At least then I could figure out what I could be doing to not be totally lost.

I'll answer the question about the Latron for you alongside Volt Prime, as our good friend Neo_182 already linked you valuable information aswell.

To keep it short, the Latron Prime is far outshined by quite a large group of weapons. This aside however, it remains a well valued weapon for the Tenno that enjoy single-shot rifles. Using the right mods allows the Latron Prime to once more shred enemies as before, but not at the level you've known it for as back in the day.

As for Volt Prime, these are the relics required to get the parts alongside their rarity.

Blueprint; Neo V1 - Uncommon / Axi N3 Uncommon.

Neuroptics; Axi V1 Uncommon.

Chassis; Meso V2 Uncommon / Meso V3 Uncommon.

Systems; Lith V1 Uncommon.

Happy hunting, Tenno!

[All the information regarding the drops of Volt Prime are from Warframe Wikia!]

10 minutes ago, Ikaje said:

I'll answer the question about the Latron for you alongside Volt Prime, as our good friend Neo_182 already linked you valuable information aswell.

To keep it short, the Latron Prime is far outshined by quite a large group of weapons. This aside however, it remains a well valued weapon for the Tenno that enjoy single-shot rifles. Using the right mods allows the Latron Prime to once more shred enemies as before, but not at the level you've known it for as back in the day.

Thank you! I appreciate the info.

If I may ask a few more questions - what weapons outshine Latron Prime? Are there any high tier semi auto, or burst fire weapons similar to Latron Prime that I can use? Or do I have to settle with full auto? That's the main reason why I like Latron Prime. I used to play a lot of Halo, and just got used to using semi auto weapons like the BR or Carbine.

What weapons would you suggest, Including secondaries?

If Volt a good frame? I remember they nerfed Frost's bubble, so Volt's shield is the only invincible shield. Is that still true? If I bring Volt into a high level void mission will people get mad at me for bringing a bad/unhelpful frame?

I'll start with Volt once more! Volt Prime can be build in two big primary ways. Either you go damage (which tends to fall off once you go to higher tier missions) or you can go a duration build based around granting your entire team a speed boost.

Volt Prime won't be the best frame for a team, but he's defenitly helpfull for Alerts or lower level missions that you just want to breeze through. This can include bosses too! As for his shield, I'm afraid I can't answer that! I personally don't use Volt's shield, hence why!

Weapons time! There's quite a few weapons out there that do the same thing the Latron Prime does, and mayhaps even better. Starting with single-shot weapons and burst fire weapons;

Opticor is a giant laser cannon that can dish out serious damage, if you're the kind that has plenty of time on his hands. The entire build for the weapon takes a few forma, but hey, all in good fun with lasers!

Sybaris is a two-shot rifle that can dish out high damage with it's amazing 25% crit chance. Go for a crit build, aim for the head and ding-ding, you win!

Tiberon is a three-round burst rifle that actually exists out of an upgraded Latron! It's far from the best, but it can deal out some hefty damage if used right. It does fall off at later stages however!

Other single-shot weapons include the main sniper rifles of the game, such as the Vectis and it's Prime counterpart. These weapons can deal massive damage when you hit an enemy's head, and even more so with the correct mods.

That's it really when it comes to just single and burst fire weapons. Other fun weapons include the Tigris and the Hek, but those are shotguns. The Tigris is unique in it's own right as you have to hold down your fire button in order to only fire off a single shot. Not holding the button will fire off both barrels at once!

Full auto weapons offer a far greater variety in guns, as you possible might have seen.

That aside, recommended secondaries must include the Sonicor! Imagine a mini grenade-launcher that blows your enemies away!

Other secondaries that would make the list are; Akstiletto Prime - Lex Prime - Synoid Gammacor and most dominantly the Vaykor Marelok.

Hope it helps!

On 1/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, Ikaje said:

As for Volt Prime, these are the relics required to get the parts alongside their rarity.

Blueprint; Neo V1 - Uncommon / Axi N3 Uncommon.

Neuroptics; Axi V1 Uncommon.

Chassis; Meso V2 Uncommon / Meso V3 Uncommon.

Systems; Lith V1 Uncommon.

Happy hunting, Tenno!

[All the information regarding the drops of Volt Prime are from Warframe Wikia!]

Hi, just had a quick question about the relics,

are meso v2 and neo v1 relics vaulted?

on the warframe wiki it says so but i cant figure out if this is for console aswell as pc, and if it is, how are free to play people ment to get the relics to farm volt prime blueprint?

thanks for your above info, very usefull.

2 hours ago, (PS4)RobMicaSlater said:

Hi, just had a quick question about the relics,

are meso v2 and neo v1 relics vaulted?

on the warframe wiki it says so but i cant figure out if this is for console aswell as pc, and if it is, how are free to play people ment to get the relics to farm volt prime blueprint?

thanks for your above info, very usefull.

Console and PC have relics vaulted at the same time.

Meso V2 is vaulted but you can still get the chassis from Meso V3 which is not vaulted and still obtainable.

Same for the blueprint, Neo V1 is vaulted but Axi N3 is not.