Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven mods prices help

Dextral

Question

so basically havent played since they were released.

i want to know how much i should ideally be paying for "bad" or unrolled riven mods for the braton and burston ? 

also how much i should pay for a uber good on if it comes my way on trade channel

Also:

I noticed they have mastery ranks attached to them. being MR22 is there any point getting Mr13s and things or is it just a requirement level and doesnt have any actual effect on stats

Edited by Dextral

6 answers to this question

i've been paying 50-100p on lowroll/unrolled/bad rivens. But mostly depends on what weapon. If braton/burston its fall on 50-100p category which i have bought alot already.
Ubergood/Godrolls is around 1k++ (depending on the buyers will). Some players will try to Scam/tell you its a Godroll(if they are selling) or it isnt a Godroll(if u are selling)

I, Once selling a Akstiletto Acricron (+CritChance/+CritDamage/-Zoom) then people tell me "god tier my A  s  s" "@hyacinth that is weak" on trade channel. But i sold it at 2k later that day so be careful. I recommend you use trading post on this forums for riven deals.

On the MR requirement. I've Checked 2 Diff MR rivens for Dread. MR9 vs MR12(both got +Critchance/+damage only). MR9 Got a higher stat on both.
But it seems that having a Negative stat boosts the 2-3 Positive stat. But having 3 positive stat is lower than a 2 positive (its like being split on those 3 stats, thus reducing all 3 positive).

Edited by Hyacinth

Pay by the weapon and not the stats.  Do the rolling yourself.  Unveiled rivens go between 50 to 100p on Xbox.  Most unrolled rivens go for the same.  

High demand weapons like Zarr and Ignis might go for 100 to 200, and the super meta weapons,(Tonkor, Simulor, Soma to a lesser extent) can go for much more. 

Low demand weapons go for much less.  I sold a Panthera mod for 25p and was glad to be rid of it.

I bought a Braton mod for 60p a while ago.  That seend like a fair price.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Pay by the weapon and not the stats.  Do the rolling yourself.  Unveiled rivens go between 50 to 100p on Xbox.  Most unrolled rivens go for the same.  

High demand weapons like Zarr and Ignis might go for 100 to 200, and the super meta weapons,(Tonkor, Simulor, Soma to a lesser extent) can go for much more. 

Low demand weapons go for much less.  I sold a Panthera mod for 25p and was glad to be rid of it.

I bought a Braton mod for 60p a while ago.  That seend like a fair price.

^This, pay for the weapon not the stats.  A riven for a specific weapon you want is hard to come by if you DIY.  As for the roll, if you do it enough you are bound to get a good roll.  Per my experience, the chance of you getting a very good roll to the point you want to keep the riven is very high within 5 to 8 rolls; i have 15 rivens each started at roll zero, they are all at God tier level now and most I got within 8 per mentioned, with one or two outlier over 10.  Kuva are easy to farm, I've amassed half a million in 2 weeks with nothing to spent on because all my rivens are too good and I'm waiting for the PS4 update for more slots and that 3500 roll cap.

Edited by FAZZWARFRAME

12 hours ago, Hyacinth said:

Some players will try to Scam/tell you its a Godroll(if they are selling) or it isnt a Godroll(if u are selling)

...people tell me "god tier my A  s  s" "@hyacinth that is weak" on trade channel. But i sold it at 2k later that day so be careful. I recommend you use trading post on this forums for riven deals.

On the MR requirement. I've Checked 2 Diff MR rivens for Dread. MR9 vs MR12(both got +Critchance/+damage only). MR9 Got a higher stat on both.
But it seems that having a Negative stat boosts the 2-3 Positive stat. But having 3 positive stat is lower than a 2 positive (its like being split on those 3 stats, thus reducing all 3 positive).

1) Players on in-game trade chat can be really stupid. Most don't even bother or know how to check the base stats of the weapon. People advertising critical chance + critical damage rivens for weapons that have a base critical chance of 5% and 1.5x crit multiplier, calling them godly; so on and so forth. I've met four to five idiots on occasion that either implied multishot was a bad stat on the riven (FOR DAMAGE, IT NEVER IS), compared Tigris rivens to other weapons with high dispositions (seriously? of course the stats will differ you dimwit), tried to offer crap on the basis that the mod had >20 rerolls (KUVA REROLL COST CAPS AT THE 10TH NOW), or can't do basic arithmetic.

I generally refrain from using any hyperbolic adjective to describe the rivens I want to sell; just show the stats and let potential buyers see the stats for what it is. Unfortunately, plenty of idiots (or cheapskates) abound so it's hard to come across someone intelligent (or rich) enough to give a plat offer that's worth my time and resources on trade chat. (Do note that intelligence and wealthiness aren't interdependent, nor are they mutually exclusive from each other.)

In trading for Rivens, it's difficult to discern whether or not the other player is actually offering you a valid critical assessment of the quality of your mod, or simply trying to devalue it so that he'll try to take it off your hands for a cheaper price. Since it's not possible to ever discern the intentions of the other party, you only have your own intelligence and information to rely upon when you want to place a value on a mod you own. In-depth knowledge and understanding of the game's damage mechanics and mathematics, alongside knowledge about market prices, will bolster the confidence you need to accurately assess the worth of a mod. I've thrown shade in the faces of potential buyers on trade chat who've made baseless claims about how my Rivens are bad and how theirs are better (similarly, to sellers who think that their mods are better) without bothering to listen or engage in conversation regarding the rationale. I can only be glad that they're on my ignore list now; can't have time for all the idiots in the world.

2) Because of the above, I fully agree with you that the Trading Post on forums is a much more conducive place to sell your Riven mods. Granted, it's harder to chance upon lucky deals, and there'll be random strangers butting in and offering their unwanted opinion on the quality of mods, but there's a lot more access to information for both buyer and seller, which would generally result in more well-informed and thus satisfactory trades for both parties.

However, there still are some who are offering overly-inflated prices for Rivens that aren't even godly despite self-made labels to the contrary. I'm glad to see people actively engaging said traders on the forum here and questioning the actual quality of their mods, with some reacting graciously (kudos to them) and some outright being offended that they won't be able to sell the mod for as high a price as they hoped for. Just do yourself and the community a favour. Be smart, and don't buy crap Rivens no matter how they're labelled.

3) The maximum possible values / magnitudes of the positive stats scale with the number of positive stats on a Riven and the presence of a negative stat. MR requirement does not affect the stats.

This is taken from reddit; I don't actually have any evidence aside personal experience to back these up:

---

The overall magnitude of stats on a Riven for a given weapon will usually be roughly the same. Assuming a disposition of approximately 1.0:

- Two positive stats at roughly 100% magnitude of the normal mod

- Two positive stats at roughly 130% magnitude of the normal mod, negative stat 60% magnitude of normal mod

- Three positive stats at roughly 80% of the magnitude of the normal mod

- Three positive stats at roughly 100% of the magnitude of the normal mod, one negative stat 60% magnitude of normal mod

OR

2 buffs = 80%

2 buffs 1 negative = 110%

3 buffs = 60%

3 buffs 1 negative = 70%

---

Do bear in mind that these are only the potential maximum values. In other words, the values for the magnitudes is still subject to a dice-roll, what the above means is that generally the values will tend to be higher, as well as having higher possible maximum values.

Pertaining to the exactness of the above values, I don't think anyone has been able to discern the exact value distribution given the sheer amount of RNG involved and the general lack of data for the time being.

Edited by InsomnIaC.

I just realized I totally didn't answer OP's question.

Unrolled rivens for meta weapons can fetch up to 200-400p, depending on buyer/seller. Decent weapons would place about 50-100p. Bad weapons generally go for 30-50p.

Those values are naturally subject to the initial stats on the riven when unrolled.

If I were you, I'd expect to pay up to 300-500p on good rivens, while 'godly' or high-end rivens can scale up to 600-800p. True god or perfectly-rolled rivens will fetch upwards of 1k, maybe even to 3k, but most people owning them would rather auction them off here to the highest bidder.

Do take note that sometimes 2 positive 1 negative rivens can be better than 3 positive 1 negative rivens, especially when those 2 stats are the most desirable ones (typically, damage + multishot). It's up to you to do the math and make your own assessment of the mod.

11 hours ago, InsomnIaC. said:

I just realized I totally didn't answer OP's question.

Still very informative, thank you! Been wondering what effect MR, quantity and negatives have on riven mods :)

On a sidenote, as my part... not all to relevant as they don't differ per weapon but rivens are also split in 3 categorys depending on the strength and -popularity- of theyr weapons so there's straight better riven mods then others.

I for example got a Dera Riven mod from yesterdays sortie. The Dera Vandal never was really BAD, it's a decent, endgame fit weapon but hardly anyone ever used it due to its similarity to the soma (multiple times the damage, type, less crit, flight speed but all in all similar dps) so it still got put under the "stronger Riven" category, simply cause it isn't all too popular. That's a great example of a allready strong weapon getting a Strong riven- bound to sell for more.

Didn't look into detail on all of them but those should cost more as well as they simply push those specific weapons above the meta.

The list is in the wiki

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

judge for yourself ;)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108