Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Warframe from a Steam Hard Drive install

ArcaneSnowdrop

Question

3 answers to this question

My Steam install is not on my primary boot array, its installed on a secondary storage array, and my windows swap-file is on its own designated hard drive. so if steam runs okay, there is no reason why warframe wont run either. but if the drive letter or mapping changes, then you run into problems, for example, if steam was installed on drive F: (your external drive), and you unplug the external drive, then plug a USB stick in and then reconnect the external drive, the mappings would be F: for USB stick and G: for the external drive, then steam or any other application may have trouble. What you cant do is just copy the steam install and associated folders to another drive, it must be installed on the respective drive.

6 minutes ago, JyuDragon said:

My Steam install is not on my primary boot array, its installed on a secondary storage array, and my windows swap-file is on its own designated hard drive. so if steam runs okay, there is no reason why warframe wont run either. but if the drive letter or mapping changes, then you run into problems, for example, if steam was installed on drive F: (your external drive), and you unplug the external drive, then plug a USB stick in and then reconnect the external drive, the mappings would be F: for USB stick and G: for the external drive, then steam or any other application may have trouble. What you cant do is just copy the steam install and associated folders to another drive, it must be installed on the respective drive.

So I need to fully install Steam on the external hard drive (which was my plan anyway) and make sure to plug the EHD into the same place every time?