Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rolled a quite high damage roll on this Aklex.. dunno which side to pick!

Namoiram70

Question

http://tinypic.com/r/2eo8aya/9

Old Roll: 124.4% Multishot | 106.5% Heat | 105.8 Status Duration  incase you can't read it. 

New Roll: 325.8% Damage | 65.8% Damage to infested

The damage rolled high on the new one and dunno which one is better since Warframe builder doesn't have secondary rivens up and Aklex Prime isn't out yet... so hard to judge...

Edited by Namoiram70

11 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Damage increases the base damage. Multishot indirectly increases the overall damage via more projectiles per a trigger.

I'd say #1

True...Though I don't know specific numbers when it comes to warframe... I usually have the builder with me to help me out but since secondary rivens arn'ta part of Warframe Builder yet I can't plug this in

10 minutes ago, Namoiram70 said:

True...Though I don't know specific numbers when it comes to warframe... I usually have the builder with me to help me out but since secondary rivens arn'ta part of Warframe Builder yet I can't plug this in

(A+A*x+A*y...)*M
Where A - base damage, x - damage modifyng mod 1, y - damage modifying mod 2, M - multishot.

Damage modifiers add to the sum while multishot multipliers affect the whole sum.

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

(A+A*x+A*y...)*M
Where A - base damage, x - damage modifyng mod 1, y - damage modifying mod 2, M - multishot.

Damage modifiers add to the sum while multishot multipliers affect the whole sum.

For in this case
1) (100+100*1.065)*2.24=462
2) (100+100*3.258)=425.8
2a) (100+100*3.258)*1.658=705.9 This line is for the second mod when used against infested

So, the first one is better damage-wise against all factions except infested

Multishot is far better in most cases. Remember that 100 multishot is the same as 200% damage. so if Im not hecking up my numbers the old roll is giving you on average 200 damage 200 fire. Because the multi should be doubling the fire damage along with all the other stuff.

The damage bonus is really nice too, and would make the infested damage far far greater as an effect. Ive had a +damage +toxic riven in the past, sold it to a friend, that turned a Latron into a mainly elemental gun.

Currently because AkLex is Strong dispoision the Damage one is much better. But if AkLex Prime is the next one to come, and as strong as people expect. It will likely be rebalnaced to be Faint. And due to the hidden multiplier based on Disposition those stats will go from x2 base to .5 base. Making the Multishot/Fire Roll being far better.

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

For in this case
1) (100+100*1.065)*2.24=462
2) (100+100*3.258)=425.8
2a) (100+100*3.258)*1.658=705.9 This line is for the second mod when used against infested

So, the first one is better damage-wise against all factions except infested

Interesting. Thank you. I'll stick with my first one then.