Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibilities For Hidden Places

HellEnforcer

A while ago I found a few threads hinting a few places where loot areas could be placed. So I thought on doing more or less something similar. I made a video with a small compilation of places where that could be possible. Also, when I was recording one of the places I got an idea (not marvelous, but one nonetheless).

Summary:

First, I would like to apologize for the background music on some of the clips. I forgot to turn off the music before starting to record. So anything heard on the clips was what I was actually listening while playing. The good thing is that it allowed for the ending of the first video to be like it is.

Second. It is about number 3.... It is something hard to explain.... Just bear with me for now with it.

Third, yes, I take a long time on the clips, mostly because it is my first time on those places and I am exploring the possibilities (except #6, I have been there countless times for no reason). It could help to get a better idea on where it is the place and perhaps for people to get some nice idea on what to do there.

Clip #7 could be counted as 3 places if you wish. The initial rock (was the main spot for the video actually), then both fences.

For quick reference you can use:

#1 -> 0:00 (:D)

#2 -> 1:45

#3 -> 4:38

#4 -> 5:24

#5 -> 6:43

#6 -> 7:40

#7 -> 8:06

?  -> 11:25

This second video was made for another purpose actually, but part of the content could be used under this circumstances as well. Just ignore the text that would make no sense without the context of the original purpose of the video (sort of).

For quick reference here are the main places (I would strongly recommend to skip to those times once the places have been reached, the original nature of the video makes me wander more than usual on the areas):

#1 -> 0:50

#2 -> 2:10 (would require a lot of changes in its current state since there is an invisible ceiling)

#3 -> 2:36

Idea:

This is just a small idea that #3 of the first video gave me. I was originally going to put in on the bug section (and will do eventually) since I think there is a bug there, explained later if you are curious about it.

The idea is to have a small "obstacle" course on the pipes. For some reason those small areas with little room for movement, cover and possibilities are somewhat appealing to me if applied on the right way. Having to wallrun up a pipe; crawling below a full speed fan; trying to get out a section of a pipe that gets filled with poisonous gas every once in a while; would all be a nice implementation to give some variety to the standard gameplay.

Extra Info:

From here on is just useless extra info that I put out since I have nothing better to do. All related to the main post is up there...

For those curious about it. The second video was made as a response to a post that showed a picture of someone in space. He said there was a way to get out there and the video was my little 'adventure' on how I got there with the information he gave. If you are still hungry for more detailed info on that, here is the post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/65768-thatis-a-space-ninja/

As for the possible bug of #3. Often times you would find that specific dead-end to a pipe (the fan and then the pipe going up). The thing is, as far as I remember (3 more times during the run where the clip was taken), that dead end always show that on the minimap. It says there is something else somewhere that crosses the pipe. I have never been able to get to that area in any way (it is not connected to any other room apparently). So I think it is some sort of bug somewhere of some kind, not sure of what kind though and not sure if that is actually meant to be there or what (hence I have not posted it as of yet as a bug). The reason I included it here was to open the possibility to talk about the idea explained.

If you are yelling at the screen "Why the hell you keep aiming randomly all the time?" after seeing the videos, here is the reason. Mainly zoom. Sniper for long distances, pistol for close objects. Just for checking possible routes to the destination. Other times is just because anything that moves usually gets my attention. Lights on dark areas from far away trick me easily since I see them move whenever I move the camera.

Fun fact: All the clips with the background music on the first video were on the same run... Dancing Leg FTW!

Fun fact 2: #7 was taken on the very first infested mobile defense alert.

"Self index"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53457-bug-and-sugestion-index-point/

This is entertaining to watch, but these locations could only fit for peeking games, alike if DE would decide to hide some items (as event feature). Otherwise most of these may be difficult and long time to reach, considering how fast this game is paced :D