Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Test 7+ With Controller

solidsnak

For the most part I love wall-running, but once shooting is added to the requirements it makes playing with a controller using the default controls nearly unplayable.  By default jump is held to wall run and let go to jump off wall, aiming is 

done with the right analog stick, so in requiring aiming while wall-running mandates letting go of jump and ending the wall run prematurely.  I know these higher level mastery tests don't count for anything right now, but having to use different controls for one test is a real drag.

I have completed one of the wall-running and shooting tests and am currently mastery rank 8, but it was so annoying that I'm building Excalibur just to exploit his super jump to pass the next few tests.

I see this being a bigger issue once warframe moves onto the PS4 and I think it's better to address it now.

After years of playing shooters on consoles I can tell you this is not a problem unique to Warframe. Halo for example required you to jump and aim to reduce damage. You can get around it by using your pointer finger to jump, reload, etc. while using your middle finger for the triggers. That being said, Warframe is definitely a keyboard and mouse game.

And I once heard the console boys say gamepad is better than mouse/keyboard. 

I've heard both the gamepad is better than Mouse/Keyboard, and I've also heard the reverse from console gamers.

But when I took the mastery 7 test, I had to use mouse/keyboard to pass, my controller just wasn't as twitchy as I was hoping.