Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Exp Gained Needs To Be Increased

muccmaster

With the change to making enemy level depend on how much exp/affinity you get overall exp gained took a huge hit. Running Kiste (which is a 25-35 map) and geting a little over 200 kills while using a level 18 Latron Prime only got me around 26k affinity WITH an affinity booster. This is like half of what I used to get. Weapons already took so much longer to level than frames but with the new affinity system its twice as bad. I don't understand why I would get so little exp when the weapon I'm using is far lower level than the enemies I'm killing.

Yes, it makes more sense for higher level enemies to give more exp, but you guys didn't need to decrease overall experience as much as you have. When your game is nothing but grind at least make the grinding not so tedious.

Edited by muccmaster

The lack of diffrence in EXP makes up with more enemies in later level and better Bonus EXP.

Atleast, that's what it looks like me and what I heard from some clannies.

The exp ranges are still terrible. I should be getting more exp when using a lvl 18 weapon in a 25-35 map.

Why would you EVER want to level faster, I wonder? To burn through all the available content even quicker, then go complain "I've seen it all, nothing to do now" on forums?

When you're forma'ng a weapon multiple times it gets incredibly tedious having to level when exp values are so low now. Making grinding faster doesn't impact content that much anyway since you still have to farm for forma and keep levelling the weapon. It's not our fault the entire game is farming and grinding.

Why would you EVER want to level faster, I wonder? To burn through all the available content even quicker, then go complain "I've seen it all, nothing to do now" on forums?

If filling up exp bars on items to level mastery. which you then throw in the trash, is what passes for content, this game won't last very long. Also as someone said above, it makes it all the more tedious to forma weapons you at least enjoy using.

If filling up exp bars on items to level mastery. which you then throw in the trash, is what passes for content, this game won't last very long.

At the moment it's about the only thing we have. Other content will not magically appear out of air if they increase exp gain.

Also as someone said above, it makes it all the more tedious to forma weapons you at least enjoy using.

Why the hell would you want to forma a weapon which you don't like???

At the moment it's about the only thing we have. Other content will not magically appear out of air if they increase exp gain.

Oh please dude. Go try to level a melee weapon and tell me it isn't tedious. Making exp at least as good as it was before isn't going to ruin "content". Forma was put in the game for a reason.

I said "weapons you enjoy using". And increasing exp gain obviously won't make content appear out of thin air. I don't know why you feel the need to take my statements to such absurd places. The reality is that too much grind without a feeling of real progress will burn out your player base that much faster. 

Cause when you make a new weapon set, take it on a new frame and give your self a new play experience you would like it to be fun rather than tedious. Not to mention the current gains make some weapons outright painful to level, like the Lex. Got something that only shines when fully modded? Too bad now. Got a weapon you need to forma (mercy if its more than once)? Now rather than being something you could just bang out, its a painful grind.

If the game isn't fun then there is a problem. Making the game more grindy isn't going to draw people in, it pushes them right out. Its already bad if you just started this game as new players starting out are going to have that much more of a harder time hitting their stride.