Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam glitch

225diawara

Question

Hi , today i was playing warframe and i decided to check the integrity of the game , i done this on steam and steam DELETED all my data , omg , now i have to download 15GB , BUT , i saved the data first , when i overwrite the saved data on the warframe folder (steamapps --> Common --> Warframe) my game won't launch and steam delete all the data too .... hwo can i fix it ? can i download the game without steam and overwrite the data i got to the folder ? will i loose the tennogen skins ?

All answers are welcome , Thanks you

5 answers to this question

When steam verifys the game cache, it does it to the games build that STEAM has, not to the most current build.

AFAIK, DE havn't given steam one of their builds in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, so what you went and did is ask steam to re-write all of your Warframes data, and re-install it back to update about 13/14. Because of this, your Client is now out of date, and so requires you to re-download all those updates.

Never verify the game cache with Warframe. Just don't do it. It'll always end up being like you are having to re-download the whole game.

Delete Warframe through steam, then re-download the whole game completely fresh.

You wont lose anything, as it's all tied to your online account, not your computers data.

Edited by Stormandreas

NEVER verify through Steam. This is because Steam has a repository of all of the files and the moment DE releases a hotfix that wasn't pushed to Steam the files will be considered incorrect and if you verify through Steam it's going to check against it's files and re-download all of the files that are different.

Edited by Reidmaster

On 20.1.2017 at 11:45 PM, Reidmaster said:

NEVER verify through Steam. This is because Steam has a repository of all of the files and the moment DE releases a hotfix that wasn't pushed to Steam the files will be considered incorrect and if you verify through Steam it's going to check against it's files and re-download all of the files that are different.

Incorrect, the current version uploaded to the Steam cloud still holds the vast majority of the real time game files. Steam cloud offers download speeds DE can only dream of. Thus it's actually faster to first run the Steam integrity check and only then use the launcher.