Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking Is Problematic When Using Gamepad

ectoplex

Using a gamepad for the hacking puzzles has become so troublesome that i am resorting back to using the mouse for hacking and that is never really good news when you develop a system for the gamepad that's worse than taking my hand away from the gamepad to use the mouse.

Here is my feedback on what I have found to be problematic and what I suggest to improve it:
- Selecting the different segments of the puzzle is so difficult and fiddly due to the tiny threshold between the segments, I suggest increasing the threshold and giving the player a visual guideline as to where on-screen the left analog stick is pointing, making it easier for the player to determine where he/she needs to aim in order to select a segment of the puzzle (I am aware that the segments highlight where you are aiming the left analog stick but I still feel we need more of a guideline)

- In regards to rotating the segments, i feel it would be more comfortable if the back triggers were used to rotate segments rather than using the face buttons - although to be fair, i have found myself using the face buttons without problems on the easier puzzles but with the increase in difficulty and more segments on display and with the addition of the problem I stated earlier with threshold; I end up rotating pieces I do not want to rotate.

I have a few other gamepad related problems:
- When knocked down or staggered by an enemy I am unable to select powers, this is troublesome because i can become staggered or knocked down many times, one after the other (damn shield lancers) and unable to select a power which would have allowed me to evade the situation.

- Pressure sensitivity of the L Stick does not relate to movement speed when the player model is in alert mode (after firing it's weapon), it is constantly moving at a jogging pace no matter how small the pressure applied to the L stick. This is a small thing I thought I'd add.

Thanks for reading

Edited by xhris

This game is well played with controller, unfortunatly, not by default DE keybiddings. I felt forced to use my xpadder program and reset all keybindings to my liking. This way, i'm far better playing than i was with normal settings.

aa777nx, it's all a matter of gamestyle, for example, alot of people like to play shooting games, like CoD and so on, and feel much more comfortable when using a gamepad (if they play on Ps3 for example).

I for one, prefer gamepad for movement aspect, and since most of my weapons does not require proper aiming, i'm good with a gamepad, usually kill 50% the mission kills, while my other 3 friends get the rest, all with equivalent gear/franes.

Edited by Endrance

aa777nx, it's all a matter of gamestyle, for example, alot of people like to play shooting games, like CoD and so on, and feel much more comfortable when using a gamepad (if they play on Ps3 for example).

Exactly. That's why I use gamepad too, this game has platformer elements and I feel sensitivity really helps in this regard.

Also, I use Xpadder too :D

I ran out of buttons and had to make the action button and reload the same button so, I used Xpadder to program the key 'x' to the b button.

People actually play this game with a controller?

They do, yes.