Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Caldaru (with art)

(PSN)MastrCruu

I thin k it would be better for his passive to be that dots like slash and poison actually hit his shields before his health. It might also be neet if his base Health/Shields where super unique say 150/600 base at 30. but that's just me.

Also his passive may put him at half shields in nightmare mode. His shields wont regenerate naturally in nightmare mode missions either basically just turning it into fancy health.

Edited by Turtlemancer

3 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

I thin k it would be better for his passive to be that dots like slash and poison actually hit his shields before his health. It might also be neet if his base Health/Shields where super unique say 150/600 base at 30. but that's just me.

Also his passive may put him at half shields in nightmare mode. His shields wont regenerate naturally in nightmare mode missions either basically just turning it into fancy health.

Give me a second to work him over.

OK,  I did a slight rework. I left his passive ability alone because I feel that it is good as is.

His low health pool is why I increased his shields and armor.

Edited by (PS4)MastrCruu

A nice idea, a passive for this frame would be that ones his shield goes down, perhaps he unleashes an area of effect damage which does damage and range by using these calculatons.

Max Shield x (3 x power strength) = area damage

(Max Health / 10) x power range = range of explosion

this would possibly be a good passive for this warframe, for his high shield would deal a large amount of damage and his small health pool would keep his range small.

Edited by Tothetix
Some name changes of the caulcations

16 minutes ago, Tothetix said:

A nice idea, a passive for this frame would be that ones his shield goes down, perhaps he unleashes an area of effect damage which does damage and range by using these calculatons.

Max Shield x (3 x power strength) = area damage

(Max Health / 10) x power range = range of explosion

this would possibly be a good passive for this warframe, for his high shield would deal a large amount of damage and his small health pool would keep his range small.

Oh this! This is absurdly awesome!!!

Edit - Named his passive and adjusted it to fit the name.

Let me know what you all think! 

Edited by (PS4)MastrCruu

36 minutes ago, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

Oh this! This is absurdly awesome!!!

Edit - Named his passive and adjusted it to fit the name.

Let me know what you all think! 

Definitely less overpowered than the last passive and still useful.

plus I could picture him exploding like Nyx's 4th ability 

Edited by Tothetix

Just now, Tothetix said:

Definitely less overpowered than the last passive and still useful.

plus it I could picture him exploding like Nyx's 4th ability 

I was thinking the same thing but with Frost's "bubble" animation! 

I know how I want him to look but drawing it is... difficult. I've thrown away probably 20 drawings. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

I was thinking the same thing but with Frost's "bubble" animation! 

I know how I want him to look but drawing it is... difficult. I've thrown away probably 20 drawings. 

don't worry I've had the same problem when drawing some custom warframe designs. i think frost's animation would work better as well.

also I forgot to mention you should decrease the cool down to 25 seconds instead of 60 

On, Confinement I have an alternative idea I find more interesting.\

Containment Field- Cladaru entraps a target in a energy bubble. The enemy may take no damage while in the field however the bubble absorbs all damage done to the enemy instead until its own health reaches zero, at which time it explodes dealing 200% of the damage it absorbed to the enemy and all nearby foes.

But thats just how I would do it.

2 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

Containment Field- Cladaru entraps a target in a energy bubble. The enemy may take no damage while in the field however the bubble absorbs all damage done to the enemy instead until its own health reaches zero, at which time it explodes dealing 200% of the damage it absorbed to the enemy and all nearby foes.

I actually like this. However, would that constitute the ability bring moved to 3?

Nah, should stay one honestly I think his three should be a bubble ability. Also the #1 should probably knockdown any foes it deals damage too.

Think about the idea that he can expand his shields out with his three creating a mobile Frost bubble only its health is determined by his shields, in this state he would have higher shields but enemies inside the shield could deal damage to his health directly. It might knockdown enemies who try to enter though too.

But again thats just my 2 cents.

Edited by Turtlemancer

4 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

Nah, should stay one honestly I think his three should be a bubble ability. Also the #1 should probably knockdown any foes it deals damage too.

It already has a weakening effect and an immobilizer aspect. Adding a knockdown on top of that would be overkill.

9 hours ago, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

I modified his 1, 2 & 4 slightly. Let me know what you think!

I am liking the changes.

I do however have a question, why corrosive damage? Is it just because its strong, or do you have an actual reason for it? Like an explanation I mean.

Edited by Turtlemancer

33 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

I do however have a question, why corrosive damage?

I stated earlier that the my reasoning behind using corrosive damage is his battery. Batteries are corrosive and I thought it would work well based off of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but having a corrosive damaging frame wouldn't be bad. We may already have one but I'm not sure.

I wanted something unique. I think I have that, at least to some degree.

2 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

Well, unless he is splashing battery acid around that seems kind of illogical. Not taht I disagree with thinking a corrosive damage frame is a good Idea I just feel it doesn't fit here still up to you. Though IF I kept it I would re-flavor it.

The acid comes from the battery in his 1 and his 3. That was my thoughts. That's also why there are tunes of energy connecting each piece of his armor. 

I changed some of the wording to make the corrosive damage make more sense. A corrosive based frame is a good idea and he is full support. I don't want another copy of what we have already bit some of my ideas kinda feel that way.

I mean, there are 821 pages of topics in this section of the forums. I know my idea isn't the best. Hell, I don't even have art yet. Anyway,  I'm rambling on.

Let me know your thoughts on the Caldaru.

On 24/01/2017 at 6:10 PM, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

Can an artist help me out here? I can draw but it will take me a while. 

Man... I can draw in paper, i'm busy to learn about some software to do a digital concept art, but considering it's a first concept art, I think I can help you.