Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Suppressors

Haldark

Seeing as stealth is going to be, from what I hear, something that will be improved on in Update-Cirno. I feel the need to suggest this:

A Suppressing Mod for Snipers/Semi-Auto Rifles. Though this is probably will clash with the mod system and how it is currently organized, I feel as if it could be implemented.

This Suppressing Mod would allow players with snipers/high damage semi-auto rifles to play stealthily. This would also increase the amount of stealth options players have at long-range to more then just the Bow(s)/Kunai.

Current Example of what *can happens:

Sniper brings his sniper into a mission and picks off an isolated Grinner. The rest of the map is alerted and now the sniper will have abit more of a hassle while enemies start to attack him in packs with numbers higher then the mag/clip holds.

Ex with Suppressing Mod:

Sniper brings his sniper into a mission and picks off an isolated Grinner. He then progresses picking of Grinner as he finds them isolated, so as not to alert everyone. The Sniper can now progress through the mission being forced to confront squads of enemies at a time in gunfights where he would be outgunned.

All in all I haven't given this too much thought. But I thought I'd share what I've thought of so far. I think some long-ranged stealth capability should be given to players aside from the Bow/Kunai. 

~While this seems abit more obsolete when I realize that the Snipetron is silent, I still think that this mod should still be introduced to add more variation as some people won't have gotten it/want to use it over the Latron/Another Sniper/Rifle.

*If something like this has already been suggested/denied please post something and I'll either respond with my opinion or delete the thread.

Edited by Haldark

My idea of suppressor mod, two variants:

1) Low mod capacity cost, decreases damage by 10-15%

2) Takes up high mod capacity, similar to Split Chamber or Metal Auger, but no loss in damage

In both variants this mod would be RARE.

Edited by Roxorium

The Snipetron is silent, tried it earlier to confirm as I don't like this games sniper aiming/zooming.  But yes I could shoot unaware grinner and got no social agro or reaction to the shot from other Grineer nearby.

The Snipetron is silent, tried it earlier to confirm as I don't like this games sniper aiming/zooming.  But yes I could shoot unaware grinner and got no social agro or reaction to the shot from other Grineer nearby.

Added the following. 

~While this seems abit more obsolete when I realize that the Snipetron is silent, I still think that this mod should still be introduced to add more variation as some people won't have gotten it/want to use it over the Latron/Another Sniper/Rifle.

YEEEESSSSSS i came onto the forums looking for this.

although i think attachments would be cooler (if they wanted to add it) think about it as it is they dont have mods that lower noise, kick and scopes

you could build them and equip them to a gun that can hold them.

as far as stelth i had a few more ideas

1)blowgun (i love blowguns)

2)wall cling and vault ( so you can cling look up shoot and cling again)

3)hide in shadows (right now it does not matter how much light they have thay can alwase see you at proximity)

hope some of you like my ideas....