Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades?

Zoike

i was reading tht stealth thread and suddenly thought up the idea of grenades! now i know tht im probly not the first to think of this and have no idea if someones already posted this but the more i think about it the more i really want them in this game. i have no idea what the developers stance is on this so someone tell me if this has been shot down already and why because i cant think of a reason why it wouldnt fit in this game. it could compliment regular gameplay as well as stealth. just imagine ash sneaking up behind an isolated grineer to stuff explosives down his throut followed by a kick to send him into a crowd of his friends sending the whole lot to their graves :) 

Types of grenades could include:

standard 

elemental (fire, shock, etc)

emp (shuts down cameras and alert modules, dazes moas and osprey, other effects)

stun 

anti-gravity (when or if tht ever gets implemented)

shock wave (knocks back/down foes)

anti-shockwave (pulls enemys towards it)

shrapnel (mini bolts pretty much)

tazer (similar to shrapnel only sticks to surfaces, including enemies, and does minor electrc dmg, stuns corpus)

bounce (non-explosive bounces from foe to foe)

cluster (mini-grenades self-explanitory)

temporary disarm (a very nerfed version of lokis thing [very hesitant to suggest tht one] nerfs like range, effects, and of course duration)

rollers (maybe?) 

support grenades(shield/health/energy replenish)

really though i thought up this list in just about five minutes. just goes to show tht possibilities with this are endless

i mean the grineer have um. y not the tenno?

anyway if you see any prob with this tell me cuz i sure dont see any and also post if u like this

sry about my grammar and all tht jazz (sryif this is in the wrong place, wasnt exactly sure where to post this so i kinda assumed.....)

lastly:

dedara says he wants more art in warframe. he is no longer satified with just the orgis (couldnt resist the naruto reference XD)

I don't know which livestream it is exactly, but the reason given is Skills. They want to make sure they didn't have to keep balance between grenades and powers.

The Ogris and Torid contradict this a bit, but they're very hard to get in return.

I don't know which livestream it is exactly, but the reason given is Skills. They want to make sure they didn't have to keep balance between grenades and powers.

I personally think this is rubbish. Let's say you start the mission with 3, and further grenade drops are rare and only give one grenade. And using the mod system to add cool variations like stated above is EXACTLY why the mod system exists in the first place (apart from the extremely boring "+ stats" deal which should be something else entirely, but there you are)

Having a standard, ranged aoe nuke would free up future ability slots for more interesting/cool/unique ones.

yeah i kinda see their point but i meant the grenades to be more utility and probably with dmg at the lvl of a medium strength charge attack (this could be increase via mods to a reasonable cap)  i understand but i think it would make the game more interesting if for no other reason than providing alternate CC/attack options  also their effects would be very limited/specialized so tht they arent complete table turners like many warframe abilities and instead require tactical thinking to make the most of the grenades u do have (i agree with the max amount being 3 and the very rare drop chance of 1) in order to gain an advantage. my vision of grenades in warframe was more similar to weapons rather than skills but i do see how they might become more like the latter. and as i eluded to in the OP the list of grenades isnt very well thought out and am not expecting half of they to be viable at all. also as for the issue of ranged aoe being an ability thing dont forget tht almost all (if not all) grenades would have timers (maybe a mod to go with tht?) which only increases the amount of planning and skill needed to make effective use of them one miscalculation and uve wasted one of ur three 

anyway i would even go as far as to ask for a "beta test" of sorts for grenades to see just how well they could work as an alternate attack in-game (maybe with a small group of players idk) an if it doesnt work get rid of them.....

....well tht kinda seems unreasonable but im just trying to say i still believe grenades could really work in the game

i just feel like ninjas and small explosives go together 

sry for any spelling and grammar errors there might be   i kinda started rambling there towards the end.......

Edited by Zoike