Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with mobility mods!

RawrKitty

Question

So can somone give me a breakdown of how these 4 stats pertain to movement?

Sprint speed

Friction

Parkour speed

Bullet jump

And how each if at all pertain to:

Sliding (holding control)

Slide jump (control + jump flying through the air then holding control to go faster - no bullet jump i think?)

Bullet jumping (right click in air)

Rolling both in air and on ground

I cant figure out what does what, where and when.

i dont ever hold shift to sprint, and i want to maximise my movement speed for speed clearing, but i have no freaking clue what mods i need to be using here, i slide jump into a air slide most often, and i ocasionally bullet jump, what mods would i be focusing on here?

9 answers to this question

Sliding is holding crouch while moving. It's affected by friction, the less friction you have, the farther and faster you slide.

What you call slide jump is actually called bullet jump and it's distance and speed is affected by bullet jump increases like from Mobilize.

What you call bullet jump is actually called aim glide and it's duration is affected by mods that affect it.

I'm uncertain about how parkour speed affects anything, as I've never bothered to use it.

I recommend running with Mobilize, because it improves the bullet jump, which is the maneuver you would use all the time to get around, making sprint speed and friction useless (unless you're playing nezha, who already has ridiculously low friction).

Sprint Speed - Increases your overall running speed.

Negative Friction - Affects how long/fast you can slide. Just like Nezha(witout any mods)

Bullet Jump - Increases the distance of bullet  jump

Parkour Speed - ????

For increasing you sprint speed you can use mods like Rush,Armored Agility etc

Edited by Suv8894

Sprint speed is pretty easy to figure out what that does. Makes you run faster.

Friction: - Fliction causes you to slide when running and on slide it will promote faster speeds when it's -friction. +friction firms up and you can get running in different directions quicker. Unlike -friction.

Parkour Speed: That's about the same as +xx% to bullet jump. Makes you complete the maneuver faster than before granting you the ability to perform more of them.

Bullet Jump: Higher mods like Mobilize or any of the ones that give +24% gives you further bullet jumping capability. More Bullet jump, the further you can go in game.

Did I leave anything out?

Edited by Alcatraz

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Sprint speed is pretty easy to figure out what that does. Makes you run faster.

Friction: - Fliction causes you to slide when running and on slide it will promote faster speeds when it's -friction. +friction firms up and you can get running in different directions quicker. Unlike -friction.

Parkour Speed: That's about the same as +xx% to bullet jump. Makes you complete the maneuver faster than before granting you the ability to perform more of them.

Bullet Jump: Higher mods like Mobilize or any of the ones that give +24% gives you further bullet jumping capability. More Bullet jump, the further you can go in game.

Did I leave anything out?

so parkour speed doesn't increase the distance i travel by control jumping? it only completes the animation sooner thus decreasing the distance traveled? or same distance?

I dont bullet jump often, it's far too slow compared to slide jump + rolling...

but i dont know what those are and what they're affected by so i have no idea how to build, i guess sprint and friction are off the table though, that helps at least, thanks guys.

First of all: Bullet jump = Slide jump and rightclick in the air is called Aimglide.

• Sprintspeed = Percantage increase of the speed when sprinting (holding the sprint button), it does not afect any other movement at all aside from your sliding being a bit quicker if you do it during sprint, as it preserves your momentum.
  • Friction = How fast you come to a stop when sliding and how quickly you will be able to change direction while sprinting (very low friction will actually make you run in place if you turn quickly). If you have very low friction and are movin very fast, you will get very far and quick slides (which means very fast movement during slide attacks too). Nothing else changes.
  • Parkour Speed = Speed for all the real flashy movement like walljumping and ledge climbing (mostly regarded as useless). I'm not sure if it changes anything else though (it might increase roll speed too).
  • Bullet Jump = Speed and distance of the "Slide Jump" (Bullet Jump). Changes nothing else.

These are kinda self explanatory but here goes:

• Slide = Increase for the little boost of speed you get when starting a slide.
  • Aim Glide/Wall Latch = Increases maximum duration of those maneuvers.

I think that sums it up.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

11 minutes ago, VakarisJ said:

Sliding is holding crouch while moving. It's affected by friction, the less friction you have, the farther and faster you slide.

What you call slide jump is actually called bullet jump and it's distance and speed is affected by bullet jump increases like from Mobilize.

What you call bullet jump is actually called aim glide and it's duration is affected by mods that affect it.

I'm uncertain about how parkour speed affects anything, as I've never bothered to use it.

I recommend running with Mobilize, because it improves the bullet jump, which is the maneuver you would use all the time to get around, making sprint speed and friction useless (unless you're playing nezha, who already has ridiculously low friction).

That explains a lot about how mistaken i've been with crap, thanks a lot.

i  guess i've always assumed bullet jump was the aim glide because its like "bullet time" from the old crappymatrix and max payne games, lol

Edited by RawrKitty

6 minutes ago, RawrKitty said:

so parkour speed doesn't increase the distance i travel by control jumping? it only completes the animation sooner thus decreasing the distance traveled? or same distance?

I dont bullet jump often, it's far too slow compared to slide jump + rolling...

but i dont know what those are and what they're affected by so i have no idea how to build, i guess sprint and friction are off the table though, that helps at least, thanks guys.

Test out Mirage. She's the fastest parkour frame in the game, put on something like Lightning Dash or Mobilize at max rank, you'll go the distance much faster, and further. If you couple a jump and then bullet jump together as your double jump you will go even further. Friction doesn't affect parkour in any kind of way. It's something that changes your ground movement only. Sprint won't really change your parkour either, just helps on landing making you run faster before you do your next parkour jump.

Does however set your momentum because standing still trying to do bullet jumps just kind of fall short of what you can do otherwise.

Using a Jump, then bullet jump, using a roll and then using aim glide with a mid-air slide will get you the furthest if you combine them just like that. Holding Control during aim glide gives you slightly increased speed. It isn't anything huge though.

Edited by Alcatraz

11 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Test out Mirage. She's the fastest parkour frame in the game, put on something like Lightning Dash or Mobilize at max rank, you'll go the distance much faster, and further. If you couple a jump and then bullet jump together as your double jump you will go even further. Friction doesn't affect parkour in any kind of way. It's something that changes your ground movement only. Sprint won't really change your parkour either, just helps on landing making you run faster before you do your next parkour jump.

Does however set your momentum because standing still trying to do bullet jumps just kind of fall short of what you can do otherwise.

Using a Jump, then bullet jump, using a roll and then using aim glide with a mid-air slide will get you the furthest if you combine them just like that. Holding Control during aim glide gives you slightly increased speed. It isn't anything huge though.

ah thanks - thats slightly different than what i am doing, ill try it out, and something like that movement style is what im trying to maximise for, i actually am playing mirage right now - she's my speedrunning syndicate mission farm frame cause of simulor play with her 1, and i want to move through maps a bit faster, i got 2 mod slots to spare so thats what im tryin to go for, thanks for the help :)