Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus farming with Tonkor

skalapunk

Question

Hi all. I didn't do my research (doh) when I got my first lens (zenurik), and I haphazardly just attached it to the weapon I was currently using (not knowing I couldn't remove it later)

Thankfully, it wasn't a terrible weapon (Tonkor), so I decided I'm ok with that - I just need to forma/upgrade my tonkor a bit.

My question is, does it make sense to find a warframe that synergizes with tonkor that I can attach yet a second zenurik lens to, for double the focusing earning? 

If so, what would be some candidates? Thanks for your help!

3 answers to this question

Another recommend for Ivara.

I did the same as you, put my first lens in the Tonkor too.

I'd done this because at the time I could go into the Void with her to solo run Exterminate missions (I had lots of keys when that was a thing). The maps there aren't really crazy, it was easy to group up mobs using Noise Arrow, go get the Convergence (the "glowing yellow thingy") come back put them to Sleep and blast them all to bits.

It was good affinity before many changes were done to "stealth affinity farming" but even with that Ivara is still the one frame that can make it actually work.  

Noise Arrow seems to cause problems with stealth kills now so I generally avoid using it but if you build her for Efficiency, Duration and Range you can Prowl around for a long time, put groups to Sleep (Sleep Arrow) and keep that stealth multiplier running. 

Also, Ivara has a direct damage power with her Artemis Bow so if you put a lens on her she can whip that out and make a lot of use of that too. 

It's got a lot more range than the Tonkor, even if lacking the up close AoE of it.

Now, if/when you can get a 3rd Lens I recommend that one goes on a Melee weapon.

Since you must have done the Second Dream then you'd have Broken-war and I think it's s good candidate for that. 

Cheers!
~R~

Edited by Rolunde