Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusivity

Easymac

Right now, the only "true" exclusive item, is the Lato Vandal, and Braton Vandal.
That is restricted to only people who participated in closed beta.-Free

Then you have the Founders package, witch gives the exclusive item(s) Excal prime/skana/lato prime.
-Pay to be exclusive

Then you had the Snipetron that was removed during U8. If you bought this BP/weapon, after U8, you were special. No one else after U8 could get the weapon.
fast forward to Today, and everyone who played warframe during the event, and killed at least 20 drones, not only got a better snipetron, that was removed from the game because it didn't fit the lore.. but, were also given a regular snipetron because "the vandal is a stupid reward, I want the regular snipetron".
You (DE) guys keep giving in to people complaining about stuff not being fair (which is kinda ironic that I'm complaining)
but, I think it would be better to let people have some what of an exclusivity to things they put their time and effort into.
right now, someone who started playing warframe last week, can have exactly the same gear, as someone from closed beta. except Lato/Braton vandal, which No one uses. Even founders can still be bought right now.

There's no exclusivity right now, and its kinda lame knowing that all the time and effort you put into the game isn't recognized.
Frost prime. Was thought to be an exclusive item for the Event only. But you can get the same reward from the void.
So what was the point in having it be an event reward?
It was an exclusive item, made non exclusive.
I feel the next events will loose interest, just like this past one did, because there's no exclusivity.

"If I participate in this event. I get a cool item. If not, oh well, it'll be released later anyways! And if not, I'll just complain, and get all my friends to complain as well, and then surely DE will fix this terrible problem, because they want me to be happy"

I dunno. I just feel that these events need to have a more special reward to try to get a better backing.

two items that should be event only items, were able to be obtained outside the event.
The snipetron vandal is nothing special really when you have the snipetron before, not to mention, everyone has it now.

I guess what this all comes down to is, I hope the future events have better rewards, that STAY exclusive, rather then "good job, you spent time killing things you get a prize! Oh wait, people are complaining because they couldn't kill 20 enemies that didnt move or fire back. Guess we gotta compensate for their mistake."

Inb4hate about being happy with what I got.

Edited by Easymac

The Snipetron was removed without warning and DE never intended to screw over people who had recently reset. If it was intended to be exclusive they would have allowed resetters to keep it like the other exclusives.

Pretty much this; I'm cool with exclusive. I'm not cool with sudden surprise exclusive, that keeping them doesn't involve playing the game, but avoiding resets and hoarding everything because it may disappear

It's still exclusive . . .

one event over a holiday that a lot of people were out of town during does not suddenly bring it out of exclusivity. It's still pretty exclusive. I made it  home just in time to catch the last few hours of the event.

The Snipetron was removed without warning and DE never intended to screw over people who had recently reset. If it was intended to be exclusive they would have allowed resetters to keep it like the other exclusives.

Well, they should have let the resetters keep it then.

They removed the weapon due to lore. Now theire bringing it back.... with a better version?

Pretty much this; I'm cool with exclusive. I'm not cool with sudden surprise exclusive, that keeping them doesn't involve playing the game, but avoiding resets and hoarding everything because it may disappear

The thing is. there is no exclusive items.

only lato/braton vandal. which aren't even exclusive, because people don't use them (alot)

My opinion: they shouldn't have given us the Snipetron Vandal. A normal Snipetron, or a Snipetron blueprint, would have been enough.

But there is zero reason to ever use the clunky, awkward, and punishing Snipetron when you have the far superior Vandal.

I feel the next events will loose interest, just like this past one did, because there's no exclusivity.

Again? REALLY? WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE DOING...*sigh*

I doubt anyone will loose interest in these events as long as no one looses interest in lose women or finding the keys they keep loosing over and over.

Sidetracked,sorry. I mean, it'll be really stupid for people to loose interest in something because of exclusivity.

Also, indeed. This last event really lost interest.. I mean. No one was talking about it, or worrying about if we'd fail... It was really boring seeing such a lack of this talk. And when everyone got their weapons, I was shocked at the lack of interest at the new weapon(s) that was being shown.

Less exclusive is good. More ways to get things ahead of other people is good. Thinking you're awesome because you have an exclusive item is bad and could mean you have a superiority complex.

*My thoughts on the Snipetron/Vandal is that if DE wants to throw some weapons that are being removed from the game at the Beta Testers, let them. So long as when the game comes out normal players will have equivalents of the Vandal/removed weapons, I'm fine.

Edited by Haldark

Who really cares about whether a weapon is exclusive or not?  The way I see it, DE does a good job implementing weapons/mods etc early, for people who make it into the top 100 during events etc, this should be good enough.  In the long run, why do you care if player X has the same weapon as you?  It's not going to affect you at all.  

I like the idea of early access to things, but then eventually, everyone has a chance to get it.  Especially since you need all of the items to rank 30.  Those of us that want the complete collection would be screwed having not participated in CBT.  I plan to push for CBT weapons to be available to all, eventually as well.  Especially now that we have a vandal weapon, the Snipetron.  If I find out I'm 2 ranked weapons away from a certain mastery level and those 2 weapons happen to be the vandal weapons from CBT, I will want them.  Plain and simple.  

I believe my view is much easier to understand than "My item is exclusive, neener neener, you can't have it!"

Edit: Plus every weapon on the table, available for purchase, is more money in DE's pocket.  

I craft everything I can, potatoes and weapons and frames, but for everything else, there's Mastercard ;)

Edited by iPrevenge

Again? REALLY? WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE DOING...*sigh*

I doubt anyone will loose interest in these events as long as no one looses interest in lose women or finding the keys they keep loosing over and over.

Sidetracked,sorry. I mean, it'll be really stupid for people to loose interest in something because of exclusivity.

Also, indeed. This last event really lost interest.. I mean. No one was talking about it, or worrying about if we'd fail... It was really boring seeing such a lack of this talk. And when everyone got their weapons, I was shocked at the lack of interest at the new weapon(s) that was being shown.

Less exclusive is good. More ways to get things ahead of other people is good. Thinking you're awesome because you have an exclusive item is bad and could mean you have a superiority complex.

*My thoughts on the Snipetron/Vandal is that if DE wants to throw some weapons that are being removed from the game at the Beta Testers, let them. So long as when the game comes out normal players will have equivalents of the Vandal/removed weapons, I'm fine.

What's the point in participating in an event when theres nothing to gain out of it, more then any other day/missions?

"*My thoughts on the Snipetron/Vandal is that if DE wants to throw some weapons that are being removed from the game at the Beta Testers, let them. So long as when the game comes out normal players will have equivalents of the Vandal/removed weapons, I'm fine."

Why? Why do you want to be acknowledged for being a beta tester with vandal weapons?

superiority complex?

Who really cares about whether a weapon is exclusive or not?  The way I see it, DE does a good job implementing weapons/mods etc early, for people who make it into the top 100 during events etc, this should be good enough.  In the long run, why do you care if player X has the same weapon as you?  It's not going to affect you at all.  

I like the idea of early access to things, but then eventually, everyone has a chance to get it.  Especially since you need all of the items to rank 30.  Those of us that want the complete collection would be screwed having not participated in CBT.  I plan to push for CBT weapons to be available to all, eventually as well.  Especially now that we have a vandal weapon, the Snipetron.  If I find out I'm 2 ranked weapons away from a certain mastery level and those 2 weapons happen to be the vandal weapons from CBT, I will want them.  Plain and simple.  

I believe my view is much easier to understand than "My item is exclusive, neener neener, you can't have it!"

I find that stupid. No recognition for all you're effort you put into the game? Just like TF2

"hey. umm. yea sooo, since you bought the game, we're gonna thank you and... uhhh, Give you this totally awesome hat!"

I mean, sure. I like everyone getting everything too... but there should be some exclusive items to show what people did, and didn't do.

I did not participate in CBT, I would find it wrong that I would be given the chance to obtain the Braton/lato vandal, because its supposed to be a reward.

What's the point in participating in an event when theres nothing to gain out of it, more then any other day/missions?

To gain something ahead of time? Or, and I know this'll shock you. But, how about for fun? This last event wasn't very fun (farm farm farm farm), but I imagine they could make a fun event in the future.

Why? Why do you want to be acknowledged for being a beta tester with vandal weapons?

superiority complex?

Did you even read my post? I suppose you tried. I'll break it down for you.

I said that I'm fine with DE giving Beta Testers weapons that will be removed. 

I also said that there will NEED to be an equivalent on launch with these removed weapons.

Wanting to be equal does not equal having a superiority complex. All having these weapons would show is that I was around when these weapons were being tested. 

To gain something ahead of time? Or, and I know this'll shock you. But, how about for fun? This last event wasn't very fun (farm farm farm farm), but I imagine they could make a fun event in the future.

Did you even read my post? I suppose you tried. I'll break it down for you.

I said that I'm fine with DE giving Beta Testers weapons that will be removed. 

I also said that there will NEED to be an equivalent on launch with these removed weapons.

Wanting to be equal does not equal having a superiority complex. All having these weapons would show is that I was around when these weapons were being tested. 

But there's no point in making an equivalent.

the vulker was the equivalent to the snipetron, and people still complained.

I can't believe people are making a big deal out of something that was once your everyday shop weapon.

I would understand if it were some kind of 1 time only EVENT reward, but these people are making a mountain out of a mole hill over a shop weapon.

I reset my account and lost my Snipetron, but holy hell, all of this crying over it.

It was JUST a shop weapon.

I loved that they gave vanilla Snipertron BPs. Now I have a reason to cry for a Braton Vandal, which I would pay platinum to have if I could. I hate game affecting one time only deals anyway. Cosmetic stuff? Sure. Anything that affects game play? Hell no.

But there's no point in making an equivalent.

the vulker was the equivalent to the snipetron, and people still complained.

People will complain regardless of what happens. Just as you will regardless of what I say to you.

If Utopia came to be, or World Peace came about, people would still complain.

Also, are you saying that there is no point in making an equivalent to any weapon that would be exclusively given to us?

So if DE made an exclusive Rifle that was better then the any other rifle in terms of raw damage and Crit chance, would it be fair to players who joined a later date to have inferior weaponry due to just joining later then someone else? No. Being forced to use inferior weaponry based on just joining a game at a later date is stupid by almost all standards.

At this point I'm getting abit tired, so I feel the need to bring this up. No one cares what you think. No one cares what I think. DE will do as they see fit. Moving on?

I can't believe people are making a big deal out of something that was once your everyday shop weapon.

I would understand if it were some kind of 1 time only EVENT reward, but these people are making a mountain out of a mole hill over a shop weapon.

I reset my account and lost my Snipetron, but holy hell, all of this crying over it.

It was JUST a shop weapon.

+1

I'm happy I got a chance to get it, but I wouldn't have lost sleep if I hadn't. In fact I think I would have gained an hour or so of sleep. lol

Edited by Haldark

*facepalm*

Complaining about an exclusive weapon that will (we don't know DEs plans but most likely) never be aviably again in the future beeing not exclusive anymore..... WTF is wrong with some of you?

The whole event had one single purpose... to make up for DEs failure to announce the removal of the snipetron.

Had they announced back then "Hey guys we will remove the Snipetron in a week, get it while you can" and this event would never happened. Everyone that wanted one could have gotten one if they wanted to.

But the didn't.

Imagine person A and person B:

Both sit there looking at the aviable weapons. A buys the Snipetron. B buys something else and wants to buy the Snipetron at a later date. The next day they log in again and a patch comes and it's gone..... A got it B never had a chance because he/she didn't know. Now with this event B had his/her chance to get it too. From now on no more new snipetrons wich means from NOW on it's exclusive.

So what's the problem? What the hell are you complaining about? People joining now after the event will most likely never ever own a snipetron. How the hell is that not exclusive? Do you even think before starting to whine?

exclusivity rant

Its not a competitive game. There is no reason to be concerned with what equipment other people have.

If anything you should want people to have availability to good gear, that way when the content gets harder they can carry their own weight.

How about they just give you a little badge for playing extra harder than everyone else. That way you can be "special".

I loved that they gave vanilla Snipertron BPs. Now I have a reason to cry for a Braton Vandal, which I would pay platinum to have if I could. I hate game affecting one time only deals anyway. Cosmetic stuff? Sure. Anything that affects game play? Hell no.

False equivalency.