Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframe do you recommend for me

(XBOX)xImEchox

Question

So i have been playing warframe alot lately and i have summed about 5 frames. They are Nova, Ash, Equinox, Frost, and Volt prime. I sorta like ash but not enough to play him often. The way i like to play is crowd control and just maximize damage. So id you guys could recommend a frame for me that would  be great. Thanks!

Edit: Thank you all for all the suggestions ill definitely look into nyx and nidus and ill return to equinox and nova in the future. Thank you!

Edited by (XB1)ToxicManiac095

6 answers to this question

There are a lot of frames with crowd control and damage in their kit and Equinox is the best example that can both crowd control like crazy plus deal absurd damage.

A lot of frames can both CC and deal a lot of damage (with only their abilities not counting your weapons) and Equinox is a frame worth investing on if your looking for that.

Equinox is a painful grind though. Take a look at Ember. WOF with Firequake is nice CC and accelerant helps tear through enemies especially if you use them both in conjunction with a 5 forma ignis.

Ember became my go-to frame for the entire Star Chart since the unvaulting of Ember Prime;

11 minutes ago, Zeruge said:

There are a lot of frames with crowd control and damage in their kit and Equinox is the best example that can both crowd control like crazy plus deal absurd damage.

A lot of frames can both CC and deal a lot of damage (with only their abilities not counting your weapons) and Equinox is a frame worth investing on if your looking for that.

Like Zeruge said, Equinox is both crowd control and damage. Equinox's day form abilties are all damage based, while it's night form is support/cc based.

Nyx might be your thing, also Nidus, you should also take a look at your Nova again because she's one of the best damage dealers with a great CC ultimate. Banshee and Mirage are also good choices but both require skill to be good at CC and survival (Except if you couple Mirage with Simulor, well I guess nothing makes sense when you use Simulor)

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ToxicManiac095 said:

The way i like to play is crowd control and just maximize damage

Hello Tenno,

OK, of the Frames you have ( Nova, Ash, Equinox, Frost, and Volt prime.) I'd recommend... Nova, Frost, Volt.

They each have CC and Damage.

Now at higher*(scaling up to Sortie 3 and higher than that "Endless") level missions, Frost and Volt's actual damage will go away, but they still have ways to boost the effects of their weapon damage and keep effective CC.
- Frost's armor stripping, Volt's Electric Sheild boosting ranged damage.

The combination of Slow and Damage Boost of Nova's Molecular Prime combined with a fully charged up Anti-matter Drop is a lot of Damage+CC all piling on top of each other.
- Nova is made mostly of squish though to offset that, heh.

IF you're interested in other Frames...

Rhino has CC (Stomp) and Damage Boosting (Roar).

Nyx - she has a metric frak ton of CC. Damage boost? well not really but sort of. Because when you turn the enemies against each other, not only are you not taking that damage but they are. And mostly when damage matters it's done by weapons, not Warframe abilities since as we see with Frost and Volt warframe damage tends to die off, usually pretty quickly. So you Mass CC and then "Weapon" them to death.

Banshee -  also made out of squish but she is a major damage booster (Sonar) and some quick CC (Sonic Boom and Silence).

Mesa - CC from Shooting Gallery, direct Damage using Peacemaker pistols.

Titania - CC from Spellbind and Lantern, direct Damage using Pixie Power, er Razorwing!

There's certainly even more but those are the ones that readily come to mind and, IMO, is a pretty selection to pick from.

Cheers!
~R~