Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re: Clan Sizes And Tiers

Fox-Meat

I think this goes into gameplay feedback, right? If it belongs to Dojo, could a kind dev help me move it please.

So I read this topic

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/75701-dojo-clan-sizes-alliances-tiers-and-changes-coming-soon/

And read the tiers.

Isn't the gap between 10 and 100 pretty damn big? And 100 to 1000 members? Wasn't there supposed to be like, 10/50/200/1000 member tiers?

There was never something like this.

In the beginning, it was 30 / 50 / 100 / 100+

And no, we dont need tiers every 10 members....

No one's asking for tiers for every 10 members.

I just hope DE will consider what a big difference there is between 10 and 100 members, and 100 and 1000 members. 

They change everything they dont like and dont rly care about the com. anymore

thats my opinion and how i see it.. i hate the idea with such a huge distanze

You don't know anything about game development then. I don't expect you to, but you should perhaps realize you're not as knowledgeable about this as you think, and you should reserve your judgment of DE because of it.

Just because they mentioned an idea they were tossing around is not the same thing as implementation. Scott's error was saying anything at all because some people tend to think spitballing is somehow a promise and signed contract to deliver.

DE will monitor the reactions and do what they feel is necessary. If you think they've done anything more personal to you, you're thinking too highly of yourself.

You don't know anything about game development then. I don't expect you to, but you should perhaps realize you're not as knowledgeable about this as you think, and you should reserve your judgment of DE because of it.

Just because they mentioned an idea they were tossing around is not the same thing as implementation. Scott's error was saying anything at all because some people tend to think spitballing is somehow a promise and signed contract to deliver.

DE will monitor the reactions and do what they feel is necessary. If you think they've done anything more personal to you, you're thinking too highly of yourself.

She is right... like for Example The Gram 1/3 Liked the Design 2nd /3 not and the Rest... didnt even care... still we only have the Gram design, most of the Time they only look for the Design Council... (know enought People there and they also say... DE is mostly looking for DC then the Normal Forum Ideas...)

Edited by Fatalityyy

Also, 1-10? What clan has less than 10 members?  That sounds more like a friend list to me.

I wouldn't mind the tier system so much if they seemed less arbitrary and if any sort of inter-clan competition took the size of the clan into consideration (yes, even moreso than the tiers do).

Also, 1-10? What clan has less than 10 members?  That sounds more like a friend list to me.

I wouldn't mind the tier system so much if they seemed less arbitrary and if any sort of inter-clan competition took the size of the clan into consideration (yes, even moreso than the tiers do).

My clan. My friend's clan. His friend's clan. There's three right there for you.

My clan is 10 members now. I wonder if that was the idea behind the event? Clan size trimming. We didn't need those 15 in-actives anyways.

Definitely agree, the gap of 10-100 is wayyyyyy to large. They should commit shadow clans being 1-50.

Thats BS.

People with 10-11 members would be thrown against people with 30-40 ect in a competition.

Great way to screw these small clans....

Thats BS.

People with 10-11 members would be thrown against people with 30-40 ect in a competition.

I was hoping the tiers would include a gap of no larger than 500%. so 1-5, 6-30, 31-150, 151-750, 751+. I think the alliance thing, if implemented well, should make this issue less valid though. Those who want to compete will have a main clan with their hardcore players and a secondary clan that houses the casuals. As long as you can trade resources between the two no one should be losing out.

Thats BS.

You're agreeing with me and you dont even know it. My Clan was 15 with 9 active members during the drone event versus the possibility of the hundreds category, at least in the scale of 1-50 a wider window of chance to win to more small clans.

If we cut those 6 people before hand we've would've been first place, but it's still not fair because i'm sure that clans of 10 have inactive members of their own.

Edited by -BELLUM-

You're agreeing with me and you dont even know it. My Clan was 15 with 9 active members during the drone event versus the possibility of the hundreds category, at least in the scale of 1-50 a wider window of chance to win to more small clans.

If we cut those 6 people before hand we've would've been first place, but it's still not fair because i'm sure that clans of 10 have inactive members of their own.

My clan did cut out some of our inactives. In the end two of us together got 86% of our clan's total kills to put us on the top of 1-10. It only required that we kick 15 inactives. I don't think they'll be returning but if they do I'll feel bad that they're now clanless so we could get our statue.

Edited by Excitonex

My clan. My friend's clan. His friend's clan. There's three right there for you.

You all mostly know each other: make one clan.  Now you've got 20 members.

I think we need both categories for clans based on size as well as weights in inter-clan competitions based on the exact size of a given clan.  The 500% number looks good to me: so categories can be 10-50, 51-250, 251-1250, 1251+  In addition to the size, there's a weight for inter-clan competitions.  Basically, clan Juu with 10 members has their Informer kills count 5x as much as clan Gojuu, who has 50 members.  If Gojuu gets 200 kills, then Juu needs 40 to tie, 41 to win.

DE_Steve Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:48 PM https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/

CLANS/DOJO-GATE

CLAN SIZE: We're currently thinking of these tiers: Shadow Clan (30 limit), River Clan (100 limit), Mountain Clan (500 limit), Moon Clan (2000 limit). Existing massive clans will likely grandfathered in but there may be upkeep friction for those really crazy sized ones. We will avoid forced splits though. Starting a clan will take some resources. Jumping between clans will be slow to reduce exploits. We need these limits to help bring sanity to database, networking and balance equations. Stay tuned, as we're still working out the details.

I was targeting for my clan 500 members = Mountain Clan (500 limit)

And now what ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

tumblr_mp5qddw8xf1sy1xfho1_500.gif

My clan did cut out some of our inactives. In the end two of us together got 86% of our clan's total kills to put us on the top of 1-10. It only required that we kick 15 inactives. I don't think they'll be returning but if they do I'll feel bad that they're now clanless so we could get our statue.

Then it sounds like that's a micro managing problem that you and your other one clan member are going to have to deal with.

If you're serious about running a competing clan that wants to reach the scoreboards...I suggest you test, regulate, and study each member that you introduce into your group. If you have 2 people solely doing all the work.....well then you're at a cross roads friend. These are my suggestions to you...

Either go BIGGER and increase the chances of ACTIVE and GOOD members and cutting out along the way....or....

Communicate with members you have now to exercise more activity during events....or...

Dig deep....make the hard calls and start cutting while managing a tight knit group to make it small and elite as possible...

It's a good exercise when you're out there recruiting to let people know what their in for...and the possibility of being downsized.

If you're more Casual and dont care about how many inactive members you have....then this is not a problem, but it sounds you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Good luck with your clan.

Edited by -BELLUM-

Then it sounds like that's a micro managing problem that you and your other one clan member are going to have to deal with.

If you're serious about running a competing clan that wants to reach the scoreboards...I suggest you test, regulate, and study each member that you introduce into your group. If you have 2 people solely doing all the work.....well then you're at a cross roads friend. These are my suggestions to you...

Either go BIGGER and increase the chances of ACTIVE and GOOD members and cutting out along the way....or....

Communicate with members you have now to exercise more activity during events....or...

Dig deep....make the hard calls and start cutting whiling managing a tight knit group to make it small and elite as possible...

It's a good exercise when you're out there recruiting to let people know what their in for...and the possibility of being downsized.

If you're more Casual and dont care about how many inactive members you have then this is not a problem, but it sound you you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Good luck with your clan.

Our clan is in a transition process. Hopefully with the alliances there will be no need to kick my inactive friends. Assuming the alliance serves a similar function to clans.

You all mostly know each other: make one clan.  Now you've got 20 members.

I think we need both categories for clans based on size as well as weights in inter-clan competitions based on the exact size of a given clan.  The 500% number looks good to me: so categories can be 10-50, 51-250, 251-1250, 1251+  In addition to the size, there's a weight for inter-clan competitions.  Basically, clan Juu with 10 members has their Informer kills count 5x as much as clan Gojuu, who has 50 members.  If Gojuu gets 200 kills, then Juu needs 40 to tie, 41 to win.

On the contrary. I only know him through Warframe, when he was already in a clan. And his friend I only talked to on skype when I joined a group chat with him.