The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns / Benefits Of The Clan Alliance System - Updated

pdxdubin

This is wrong.

If the clan gets split it makes it more difficult for the 3000 active members to communicate.

Don't turn this into a large clan small debate.

cutting large clans does nothing for small clans.

Small clans need to be easier to build things for.

simple fix.

If you want ignore the issues, fine, ignore them. I won't. 3000 active memebers? Or just 3000 members? What I said still holds true. You get to find out who actually wants to be in a clan for the chat and who wants to be there for the Dojo. I know it's scary to think there might be people who are using you for a Dojo, but it's a reality you can't ignore. Like I said, you'll find out how many there are when the split happens.

If you want ignore the issues, fine, ignore them. I won't. 3000 active memebers? Or just 3000 members? What I said still holds true. You get to find out who actually wants to be in a clan for the chat and who wants to be there for the Dojo. I know it's scary to think there might be people who are using you for a Dojo, but it's a reality you can't ignore. Like I said, you'll find out how many there are when the split happens.

Ignorance 

Splitting the clan does not mean losing the dojo or anything.

Understand that what your saying makes no sense.

As the dojos will still be there and the clan will still be there.

But this update will make clan communication complicated and cluttered.

Sorry for being blunt with you.

No one's twisting your words. You said you joined your clan for the Dojo. 

Then you're misinterpreting them. I didn't join the clan for the express purpose of having access to the dojo. I was bored of running games with mindless randoms or doing them solo, so in order to increase my enjoyment I figured I might as well look for a clan. Mind, I joined after update 8, and I didn't know much about the dojo itself. I wanted people to play with. THIS is why I joined AsurO. It had some 3300 members at the time I joined. 

So if DE won't pull this off correctly, it will be punishing people for wanting to be in large clans that always have lots of people online. That's all there is to it from my point of view.

Honestly, if I was only there for the Dojo, I would stay with the main clan because they would be more likely to get new stuff up when it comes out.....

This would just serve to cause less space in the "main clan" for those who want to be active with their friends...

just my two cents.

Ignorance 

Splitting the clan does not mean losing the dojo or anything.

Understand that what your saying makes no sense.

As the dojos will still be there and the clan will still be there.

But this update will make clan communication complicated and cluttered.

Sorry for being blunt with you.

Yes, you are being ignorant. What I said was that people who wanted the Dojo will have it even in their split clan and will not need to rejoin the main group to have what they want. Perhaps when you learn to stop hitting enter after every period you will also learn to comprehend what you read.

For communication, what if we have an Alliance chat as well as a Clan chat? i mean, it's going to make the chat tabs even more cluttered but it will solve the problem of split communication amongst clans :D

Alliances for communication only would be great. Now that Clan size is being factored into competitions with rewards they need to be normalized. I'm sure the people in this thread would be just as outraged if DE decided that clans with over 1000 members couldn't compete for rewards even though they're only in it for the Clan chat.

Yes, you are being ignorant. What I said was that people who wanted the Dojo will have it even in their split clan and will not need to rejoin the main group to have what they want. Perhaps when you learn to stop hitting enter after every period you will also learn to comprehend what you read.

Maybe YOU should read what you write for a change. Pdx's point for opposing the split was because it screws up clan communication by splitting the population into much smaller groups, breaking the sense of unity and drastically hindering in-clan matchmaking. It had nothing to do with the dojo, because "subdivisions" split off from the main clan will all have the main clan's dojo copy-pasted to them, so it essentially does not affect players who joined large clans for the sake of research weapons, but will affect players who joined large clans for the community and want to duel/hang out together in the dojo, because they're split into different clans and different dojos. Why don't you try not being condescending for once and actually try to understand the other side's argument?

Maybe YOU should read what you write for a change. Pdx's point for opposing the split was because it screws up clan communication by splitting the population into much smaller groups, breaking the sense of unity and drastically hindering in-clan matchmaking. It had nothing to do with the dojo, because "subdivisions" split off from the main clan will all have the main clan's dojo copy-pasted to them, so it essentially does not affect players who joined large clans for the sake of research weapons, but will affect players who joined large clans for the community and want to duel/hang out together in the dojo, because they're split into different clans and different dojos. Why don't you try not being condescending for once and actually try to understand the other side's argument?

^ this

It has nothing to do with people leaving the clan.

I'm looking out for my kin

you could say.

^ this

It has nothing to do with people leaving the clan.

I'm looking out for my kin

you could say.

Thank you for jumping right where I was hoping you would. If that's true then Alliances are all you need and you'll be just fine. If you just want to be able to chat with eachother that's what an Alliance is for. So, there's no issue with splitting clans. Good to know.

Thank you for jumping right where I was hoping you would. If that's true then Alliances are all you need and you'll be just fine. If you just want to be able to chat with eachother that's what an Alliance is for. So, there's no issue with splitting clans. Good to know.

Did you even read my OP

Its going to make it more difficult to manage the clan.

Unnecessary changes.

4 dojos.

All pointless.

Did you even read my OP? Its going to make it more difficult to manage the clan.

Unnecessary changes. 4 dojos. All pointless.

If you can still chat with eachother what's so difficult? You're claiming it will mess up communication but when told you'll be able to communicate it's still a problem? Make up your mind.

I thought Dojos weren't the point? Why bring them back into this?

Edited by WordsAreEnough

That is assuming DE is smart enough to make an Alliance chat. Moreover, that still doesn't fix members not being able to hang out together in dojos because they got split up into different subdivisions. Of course, all of this can be remedied if an alliance has a "central clan" who can regulate the other clans in the alliance (or at least its subdivisions) like one massive clan, and if players can freely move from one clan to another within the alliance as long as each clan has less than 1000 members in it, but we don't know if DE will implement any of that. Yes, it is possible that we are being paranoid and DE will get it all sorted, but there's as big a chance that DE will screw it up and ruin large clans majorly.

If you can still chat with eachother what's so difficult? You're claiming it will mess up communication but when told you'll be able to communicate it's still a problem? Make up your mind.

I thought Dojos weren't the point? Why bring them back into this?

What is so difficult?

There will be 4 separate clan chats.

as well as an alliance chat.

Lessening the activity of the clan as a whole.

Making it more quiet.

Please leave this thread your argument is pointless. 

What is so difficult? There will be 4 separate clan chats. as well as an alliance chat. Lessening the activity of the clan as a whole. Making it more quiet. Please leave this thread your argument is pointless. 

There will be one big chat... the Alliance chat. Keeping the clan activity as a whole right where it was at. And I don't leave when people can't seem to understand a simple concept.

That is assuming DE is smart enough to make an Alliance chat. Moreover, that still doesn't fix members not being able to hang out together in dojos because they got split up into different subdivisions. Of course, all of this can be remedied if an alliance has a "central clan" who can regulate the other clans in the alliance (or at least its subdivisions) like one massive clan, and if players can freely move from one clan to another within the alliance as long as each clan has less than 1000 members in it, but we don't know if DE will implement any of that. Yes, it is possible that we are being paranoid and DE will get it all sorted, but there's as big a chance that DE will screw it up and ruin large clans majorly.

Then now is the time to tell them what you think you want and need to maintain your clans instead of simply complaining about it. Be proactive and positive instead of fighting against something DE has said they need to do help them guide it to a solution that works better. Positivity!

Then now is the time to tell them what you think you want and need to maintain your clans instead of simply complaining about it. Be proactive and positive instead of fighting against something DE has said they need to do help them guide it to a solution that works better. Positivity!

I think that was the original point of the thread to be honest, to raise concerns about the clan split and discuss solutions -_-

What is so difficult?

There will be 4 separate clan chats.

as well as an alliance chat.

Lessening the activity of the clan as a whole.

Making it more quiet.

Please leave this thread your argument is pointless. 

So alliance chat becomes your new clan chat?

I think that was the original point of the thread to be honest, to raise concerns about the clan split and discuss solutions -_-

It definitely comes off as a wall of text that sounds like whining about the upcoming split. Perhaps a new topic should be started by yourself? Honestly your posts are a lot easier to understand and comprehend and I think the point will come across a lot clearer. Perhaps something titled "Feature requests for the upcoming Alliances"

Instead of splitting people, why not give us additional information to manage the members we have:

1) time since last log in

2) total resources donated

3) ability to leave 'comments' (eg. 1 month break; moving - no internet; etc)

Then instead of sitting around with hundreds of inactives, the leadership can actually REDUCE numbers instead of perched there twiddling our thumbs afraid to second guess if the player is dead or not.

It definitely comes off as a wall of text that sounds like whining about the upcoming split. Perhaps a new topic should be started by yourself? Honestly your posts are a lot easier to understand and comprehend and I think the point will come across a lot clearer. Perhaps something titled "Feature requests for the upcoming Alliances"

Ah i'll start one later :/ Still tired from the 3 days of Informer farming. 1700 kills and the cut-off was 2k, SADFACE :(

I think they just need to add more management options.
I'm in broframe, there are like only up to 600 people on at once at most. 1000+ are still pending and who knows how many are inactive.
I have not seen any warlords at all either, I wonder how one person can manage 7000+ people on his own. Even if he isnt alone, the other officers aren't doing their job then..

I've had more than one drink as of this writing, so I apologize if anything in this post has already been said.

I took some time to read most of what has been posted here so far, and I wanted DE to see the following:

Big clans are big partly because they work so much better for matchmaking than any "social utility" DE could cram into this game.

- The community arrived organically at a solution for the problems of matchmaking in spam-heavy chat channels. You will never be able to fix the spam problem. Ever. Please trust me when I say that. This most recent event did have some issues, but splitting up big clans is not the answer. What you're doing right now seems to send the following message: "We know you have some really great points regarding how we might have screwed up, but it was YOUR fault really. You should have known that."

Seriously, DE. I love this game. As the holder of a (mostly worthless) degree in psychology and longtime observer of large online community dynamics, I'm starting to have real doubts here. Please, attempt to engage us on these topics instead of making opaque decrees from on high. I can't promise you the whole community will want to have an open and honest dialogue, but I'll certainly do my best.

*edit for clarity.

Edited by notlamprey

In a competition aspect, i can understand the point of split clans, but not agree. 1500 clan can´t beat 7000 clan, ok.

I had 10 hours to kill informers this weekend, i can´t beat a guy who plays 30h, DE will cap the timeplay for a fair competition? NO.

How to solve this? Easy rewards for kills. Example for players:

100 kills= snipetron

200 kills= snipetron vandal bp

400 kills= snipetron vandal with slot

600 kills= snipetron vandal with slot&potato

1000 kills= snipetron vandal with slot&potato and primed mod.

For clans DE can apply the kills/member.100 vs 1000 vs 4000 clan

bronze statue= 25 kills/player. 100=2500 / 1000=25000 / 4000=100k

Silver statue= 50 kills/player. 100=5000 / 1000=50000 / 4000=200k

Gold statue= 100 kills/player. 100=10000 / 1000=100000 / 4000=400k

In a competition aspect, i can understand the point of split clans, but not agree. 1500 clan can´t beat 7000 clan, ok.

I had 10 hours to kill informers this weekend, i can´t beat a guy who plays 30h, DE will cap the timeplay for a fair competition? NO.

How to solve this? Easy rewards for kills. Example for players:

100 kills= snipetron

200 kills= snipetron vandal bp

400 kills= snipetron vandal with slot

600 kills= snipetron vandal with slot&potato

1000 kills= snipetron vandal with slot&potato and primed mod.

For clans DE can apply the kills/member.100 vs 1000 vs 4000 clan

bronze statue= 25 kills/player. 100=2500 / 1000=25000 / 4000=100k

Silver statue= 50 kills/player. 100=5000 / 1000=50000 / 4000=200k

Gold statue= 100 kills/player. 100=10000 / 1000=100000 / 4000=400k

^ this