The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

CPU Usage since last patch

ShadowLadyEX

The game used only about 12% CPU on my case (i5 3570k 4.2GHz, Win10, GTX 560ti), even lower when I had it minimized or alt-tabbed from fullscreen.

Since last update it seems to be using up 50% on same circumstances (just idling on the ship) and it's causing some overheat at least on my case.

Edit: Apparently Vsync set to Auto or On is causing it.

If I keep it off I get low CPU usage again but I get tearing. But again this is only happening recently for me and nothing else changed on my end.

Edit2:

Found somehting else.

I ended up using the graphic card's Vsync instead to still have Vsync but no CPU usage problem. But if I then set the "max framerate" ingame to higher than 60 (my monitor's refresh rate) , I do get an increasingly CPU usage where 120 for example is using 30% CPU but I'm still getting only 60FPS because of the graphic card's Vsync. And then if set to "No Limit" i do get the same 50% cpu usage as when using the game's Vsync but still getting the same 60fps due to the card's Vsync.

So anyway in my case... have to keep ingame Vsync off and "framerate limit" to 60 to have no CPU usage issue. And then enable my graphic cards Vsync to remove the tearing. But before I had no issue simply using the ingame Vsync.

Edited by ShadowLadyEX