Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Steam Store Page - Why Is Warframe Not In Early Access Program...

zelgaris

It's rant time...

The Steam Store Page for Warframe is just a mess and there is still no information about the game key features (amount of classes, settings, etc.) and especially about its beta (unfinished) state, yet there are options to buy costly DLC packs. Am I the only one who things this is a PR fail and this is just not all right and fair at all?

Also considering the state of the game. Don't we have a special Early Access program for games like this on Steam?

Let's look for example on different game in the same state the Warframe is, i.e. ArchBlade. I think basic common sense is enough to spot the difference between Warframe Store Page and ArchBlade Store Page.

Tell me, fellow tennos - which of the two mentioned store pages looks like the developers care about your opinion?

Hint: It's the one with this:

“Archeblade is still in development, and there’s a lot more to implement. We know the fact that there is a gap between making a game with and without the feedback from the actual players. We like the idea that the Valve team has that the game evolves as you play them, as you give feedback, as we update and add content. That’s how we make our game.
Before Archeblade gets released, we’ll add the contents such as more heroes, more game modes, a ranked matchmaking system with matchmaking, bug fixes, and more features that will make the game better.
See how your feedback reflects the game.”

I don't know how Early Access works but maybe Warframe isn't there because you can download Warframe without Steam anyway?

That's a good point, if valid - not sure if valid though.

Still doesn't address the fact there is no mention about beta in the store page, no key features, basically nothing, only some kind of pretty generic-looking lore text. Right now, the only interesting thing on the store page is the 69 Meta Score and that is hardly a good sign.

Not like DE is going to care anyway. The only thing platinum is used for is slots. Which cost like nothing at all. They are all about bad marketing and no one is going to buy anything once founders program is gone (except maybe people that got a 50% voucher, which was a bad idea in the first place)

I don't know how Early Access works but maybe Warframe isn't there because you can download Warframe without Steam anyway?

There are plenty of early access games that have alternative ways to acquire the game. Planetary Annihilation and Kerbal Space Program are two good examples of such titles.

Not like DE is going to care anyway. The only thing platinum is used for is slots. Which cost like nothing at all. They are all about bad marketing and no one is going to buy anything once founders program is gone (except maybe people that got a 50% voucher, which was a bad idea in the first place)

They care. It's another story whether they do something about it or not. Bad marketing? More like lack of it. No-one is going to buy anything? I highly doubt that.