Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been Gone a While, What is New?

TheWargiCorgi

Question

As the title suggests I've been in and out of Warframe since U3, so I don't exactly know all of the little things that have changed (I've caught up content wise for the most part) but I am curious what else has changed that people don't necessarily talk about. Here are a few examples. . .

• It used to be (if some old forum posts are to be believed) that multiple users on the same IP, i.e. siblings, roommates, "LAN" party etc. could get banned for trading or playing together (presumably due to suspicion of cheating or whatever you want to call it) and seeing as I've never actually sat down with my friends to play in person I never ran into this personally but now that I'm in college it's a more pertinent threat as my roommates may want to play together and I don't want my long standing account with purchases and no history of cheating or fraud to the contrary to get banned because I wanted to play with someone under the same roof.
  • Speaking of IP addresses, I don't like a lot of companies on the internet to know mine, so when I'm browsing the internet I often use a VPN and since I use it so frequently, if I were to forget to turn it off would that cause any issues in-game? I remember hearing about on the forums back in the day of some forums and chat bans because of people tampering with their IP address and I don't want to have to deal with that if that still exists nowadays or if any other issues occur when a VPN is active in the background.
  • And finally, I have been fiddling with this "item linking" feature (which is really good BTW, nice job DE) and also been trying out Warframe with a controller for those lazy couch days. Is there anyway either with a PS4, XBOne or Steam Controller to click on these links? Because I find it's only plausible to use a controller with Big Picture Mode or the controller doesn't have as much functionality a it does otherwise (but this disables mouse click and cursor in menus but not in game) and the converse lets the controller be used in-game but not to navigate that much of the menus compared to in Big Picture and it also loses the button prompts present in Big Picture mode as well.

Don't be shy for mentioning anything I might have missed or neglected to mention because as I said I don't know about all the subtle little changes and I can't ask about something I don't know about, so any and all tips and info you can toss my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help Tenno, it's good to be back!

Edited by NitroTrigger137
Grammar and Typo fixes

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet