The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Seriously, What's Up With Texture Loading?

Acidulant

Whenever I zoom in and zoom out with the Snipetron Vandal, the entire frame's body texture re-loads from super low resolution.

This also happens with Shade sentinel. Whenever it cloaks you and you become visible again,

for most of the time, the entire frame's body texture will re-load.

What on Earth? Does the game just throw away frame's body texture when it is not visible on the screen?

Why would it keep a hidden texture in memory? Kind of a waste of resources IMHO.

But then again I got an old laptop, so these things aren't exactly 'important' to me.

Nope, this is very, very important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JatQ5ptdKz8&feature=youtu.be

Watch this video. Notice that Frost's entire body texture re-loads from scratch almost every other time I zoom in and zoom back out.

This IS seriously annoying.

Nope, this is very, very important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JatQ5ptdKz8&feature=youtu.be

Watch this video. Notice that Frost's entire body texture re-loads from scratch almost every other time I zoom in and zoom back out.

This IS seriously annoying.

Yes I know that it happens, I can see it in-game. IIRC Borderlands had similar problems with texture popping/resolution culling.

Yes I know that it happens, I can see it in-game. IIRC Borderlands had similar problems with texture popping/resolution culling.

I've played Borderlands 2, yes it happens from time to time with weapons and such.

Except that it's not this severe. 9 out of 10 times I zoom with Snipetron Vandal, this happens.

+ 9 out of 10 times I cloak with Shade sentinel, this happens.

Not like the frame's body will eat up truckload of VRAM. Why would the game throw the cache away when obviously player will keep seeing their frame.

Edited by Acidulant