The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Owners...

Rengakun

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

All those other Snipetron owners shall prepare themselves FOR THE QUICKENING!!!

I SHALL BEHEAD THEM WITH MY [insert melee weapon here]!!!

Who wants to live forever, anyway?

This is a slightly serious joke, if you can't tell

EDIT: This is now a Snipetron Discussion Thread.

EDIT 2: Now for the serious discussions:

[size=5] Who wants the Kitty Sneezer back? Meow? [/size]

Edited by Rengakun

I can't play right now as I am away from home, but I can imagine that almost everybody is using a Snipetron and it's getting on your nerves?

Seriously, never understood sniping in Warframe, it's only practical in 1/10, if not 1/20 situations.

I'm confused since I thought I was supposed to earn a snipetron vandal and it says snipetron in my foundry. Is this the vandal design or did I happen to miss something?

There is a Snipetron Vandal in your owned weapons too. Or there should be, anyway. You get the Vandal, and a Snipetron blueprint too.

I can't play right now as I am away from home, but I can imagine that almost everybody is using a Snipetron and it's getting on your nerves?

Seriously, never understood sniping in Warframe, it's only practical in 1/10, if not 1/20 situations.

FOOOOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

As with every other argument that has ever come of this particular topic of conversation, YOUR PLAYSTYLE IS IMPORTANT TO YOUR WEAPON CHOICE.

I'm confused since I thought I was supposed to earn a snipetron vandal and it says snipetron in my foundry. Is this the vandal design or did I happen to miss something?

You had to kill twenty grineer space jellyfish.

I use my snipetron as hip weapon that one shots high level targets and when you get used to it, then it becomes great weapon. Anyway, I guess having it polarized twice probably means I screwed up because new vandal snipetron is way better.

I use my snipetron as hip weapon that one shots high level targets and when you get used to it, then it becomes great weapon. Anyway, I guess having it polarized twice probably means I screwed up because new vandal snipetron is way better.

Ouchies

FOOOOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

As with every other argument that has ever come of this particular topic of conversation, YOUR PLAYSTYLE IS IMPORTANT TO YOUR WEAPON CHOICE.

Zooming in down to a pixel in a claustrophobic corridor and jerking aim around, missing tons of shots just to try and hit one enemy, JUST because you feel like "sniping" is a playstyle?

I totally get that people enjoy sniping, heck, I enjoy it too. But everything is so close and visceral. There's only a few maps/modules where sniping is actually handy at all.

Zooming in down to a pixel in a claustrophobic corridor and jerking aim around, missing tons of shots just to try and hit one enemy, JUST because you feel like "sniping" is a playstyle?

I totally get that people enjoy sniping, heck, I enjoy it too. But everything is so close and visceral. There's only a few maps/modules where sniping is actually handy at all.

If you never played Combat Arms or any of those crappy FPS games, you will have literally no idea how to quickscope on mechanics like this. I zoom and take shots in probably less than a tenth of a second, after aiming of course. Due to the extreme damage output per shot, I'm usually able to keep up with everyone else, but even when I'm not, I don't really care because run and gun with low punishment for bad aim would bore the S#&$ out of me.

If you never played Combat Arms or any of those crappy FPS games, you will have literally no idea how to quickscope on mechanics like this. I zoom and take shots in probably less than a tenth of a second, after aiming of course. Due to the extreme damage output per shot, I'm usually able to keep up with everyone else, but even when I'm not, I don't really care because run and gun with low punishment for bad aim would bore the S#&$ out of me.

When there's 10-20 enemies all tightly packed together, it matters less about aim speed and what you are actually using. 6 shots as standard, in the Vandal. So you can't drop a room without reloading. Not to mention the time in between shots, or the fact that  you don't need to do 3,000,000,000 damage on an enemy with 1 HP - it's simply impractical. There are certain instances in which certain weapons will highly outperform others. Snipers, I feel, are heavily neglected, and their use is not warranted as much as other weapons. I personally use the Latron, as it still gives a long-range feel, but it is far more practical for the level design of the game. And if you want to be good with it, good aim is necessary too :). I'm not suggesting sniping is bad, or people shouldn't do it, just that there isn't a lot of level modules and areas fit for it.

More ammo is nice, the other two aren't really an issue if you aim from the hip .. :)

meh, missing a shot with the sniptron is really punishing, missing a shot with the lex less so.

Missing a shot with the ogris however, means that you still kill half the enemies in the group.