Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng And Boss Loot, When/is It Getting Looked At

0Pinger

First yes I did search and no there were no threads according to search for rng/random number generator

When is RNG for boss loot going to be worked on?  Currently farming Sargus Ruk and he is only willing to give Head, if he drops anything at all.  Over 70 kills and not a single system drop 10 or so helmets and a few chassis's and no system, but usually no BP at all.  When I farmed Rhino same results if a bit less, that took me about 60 kills.

Getting to to the point if I don't see a pink orb, I will just quit the mission to save time running all the way back for nothing and /repeat until bored, hence this post.  8 runs this morning and 1 helmet.

First yes I did search and no there were no threads according to search for rng/random number generator

When is RNG for boss loot going to be worked on?  Currently farming Sargus Ruk and he is only willing to give Head, if he drops anything at all.  Over 70 kills and not a single system drop 10 or so helmets and a few chassis's and no system, but usually no BP at all.  When I farmed Rhino same results if a bit less, that took me about 60 kills.

Getting to to the point if I don't see a pink orb, I will just quit the mission to save time running all the way back for nothing and /repeat until bored, hence this post.  8 runs this morning and 1 helmet.

Damn ruk has been giving you a hard time huh, atleast he's giving head oppose to nothing at all.

I ran Jackal a few times and got systems and chassis at around 7 runs and finally got head at 13 it felt good getting head....you knowi cause i could build my Rhino now

Because, the devs have already said they are looking at and re-evaluating rng, and about time too. You see, rng is fine unless you are consistently on the wrong end of rolls.

Like many I chose to reset my account and now 100 hours in I still do not have a single focus, streamline, cryo round, split chamber, thunderclap, charged shell, hells chamber, barrel diffusion, deep freeze, seeker, and stopping power, not to mention any of the 14 new mods that have been added in recent patches, not a single one. The new mods are not must haves so they can wait, but not having any multi hit mods, nor a full set of elemental damage for the three weapons groups is frankly bollocks after 110 hours of play.

I have gone through every region trying to farm mods, I even went so far as to start soloing t3 void, despite only having levelled serration and hornets’ nest to level 8, so it takes an eternity to clear and if it were not for my having a level 30 trinity, impossible. It is at the point I cba logging in, it’s gone from a fun game to a mindless grind, hoping to drop what I and others would consider base mods essential to play at higher levels.

Further, Boss drops were broken a few patches back, now you can do a boss run and nothing more than a basic resource will drop, nothing beats soloing phorid to walk away with nothing more than 130 polymer.

Edited by HexCaliber

Because, the devs have already said they are looking at and re-evaluating rng, and about time too. You see, rng is fine unless you are consistently on the wrong end of rolls.

Like many I chose to reset my account and now 100 hours in I still do not have a single focus, streamline, cryo round, split chamber, thunderclap, charged shell, hells chamber, barrel diffusion, deep freeze, seeker, and stopping power, not to mention any of the 14 new mods that have been added in recent patches, not a single one. The new mods are not must haves so they can wait, but not having any multi hit mods, nor a full set of elemental damage for the three weapons groups is frankly bollocks after 110 hours of play.

I have gone through every region trying to farm mods, I even went so far as to start soloing t3 void, despite only having levelled serration and hornets’ nest to level 8, so it takes an eternity to clear and if it were not for my having a level 30 trinity, impossible. It is at the point I cba logging in, it’s gone from a fun game to a mindless grind, hoping to drop what I and others would consider base mods essential to play at higher levels.

Further, Boss drops were broken a few patches back, now you can do a boss run and nothing more than a basic resource will drop, nothing beats soloing phorid to walk away with nothing more than 130 polymer.

If you are running higher levels and seem to not get anything it's because higher levels doesnt mean higher drop or better drops, Some mods have specific factions as to where they drop constantly, I myself got a Rifle multi shot 3 times in a day because i run the missions that drop them constantly ( i got one from a wave 5 corpus defense though look into that) bosses dont really drop mods that much they are more farmed for the resource and blueprints they drop, keep this in mind more enemies more mod chance drops, and as to the void soloing it is not a good idea more people = more loots, more enemies to kill for exp and mod drop chance, containers drop more stuff and has a better chance to drop mods. 

Playing with more people in this game HIGHLY rewards you as oppose to running solo.

Edit: I have all the mods you mentioned and i have less than 100 hours put into the game.

Edited by Dreiii