Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Resource Drop Rates And Common/uncommon Drops Stuffed.

asurako989

Right now, it has become an obvious problem...Rare resource drops are beyond minimal now. It takes so many runs to get that 1 rare resource. It seems like its following the trend of what had happened to the alloys before the devs made it easier to get them. 

For example (based on my gameplay): 37 runs on Tethyls (Saturn) and Exta (Ceres) all together only got me 3 Orokin cells. 22 runs on Psmanthe (Neptune) got me only 1 Control Mod.

Also on the topic, I'm getting hundred and hundreds of Nano Spores, (WTF??!!), way more then we should normally get. 

So, I am saying...right now, the resource drop rate system is stuffed up like what had happened (or is still currently happening) with the Alert Missions. Before, Alloy Plates was the main issue as it was too hard to get them; now it's the rare resources and such.

and so, please fix and amend the drop rates.

Edited by asurako989

well, rare stuff is..... rare.

i went on a mission spree to get control modules, for dojo weps, and it took me about as long as i would expect for getting that many. because they are rare o.o

i just did a few in neptune to get some spare control module for later and i walked away with 3 after a few rus..

random drop chance is random :/

Yea, i know its rare....but this is Ultra Rare.

Using what you said: A few runs (lets say 4-5 runs) would get you approx 3 of the rare resources.

I took 30 something runs to get 3 rare resources. My clan members are facing this problem too with various resources. common resources becoming....TOO common. Rare resources becoming near extinct. 

Random drop chance is random, I know. Before, farming for rare resources would take a few runs and you'd get alot of it. Right now, running a few runs, would probably give you none. You'd have to run approximately 10 times to get that 1 resource. Before, it was not like that; before, you'd only have to kill the boss 1-2 times, 3 at most and you'd get 1 or 2 rare resources drop.

Edited by asurako989

Try to kill hyena with headshoot kill..

Its worked for me.. Sometime its droped control module and orokin cell too..^_^

I tried it on j3-golem, vay hek, nef anyo and tyl regor, for their rare resources..

But i dont think it worked on phorid..

Edited by eruzet

I haven't got split chamber for my rifle yet and I've been doing grineer defence missions constantly. It's rare as hell haha.

You got it wrong.. Split chamber mods on defense reward corpus..

Try pluto-narcissus or outer terminus

I haven't got split chamber for my rifle yet and I've been doing grineer defence missions constantly. It's rare as hell haha.

Your problem might be that Split Chamber is a Corpus drop...

But yeah I agree with OP that the material drops are getting progresively worse and worse. They should have warned us what they were going to do when they dropped update 8, which with its inclusion of clan materials in boss loot tables seemingly dropped the rare resource rates to very rare. And it seems to be that since update 8.2/8.3 that the drop rates have been further reduced to ultra rare. Quite frankly it should be that resource drops from a boss should be reversed, i.e. rare mats should be common, uncommon stay uncommon and common move to rare. Farming Hyena for contol mods recently I have three full sets of loki blueprints and only 2 control modules to show for it... That was about 30 runs of the boss...

A lot of people comment that RNG is random, however there cannot be any denying that the drop rates have been considerably changed from what they were and without comment from DE. Grind is not an endgame.

I've noticed this as well. When I first started playing about 3 months ago, bosses were almost guaranteed to drop, like higher than 95% drop chance. Having to do so many runs for just one resource drop is really getting on my nerves, especially when all these new blueprints come out that require 5 to 10 Orokin Cells or Morphics. It's BS.

yeah it really detracts from the game when you have to run one specific mission constantly to get that one rare resource you need.

So pretty much everyone is always running Psamanthe as it's the only way to get control modules and they're used in all clan weapons in fairly large numbers. When there are dozens of missions on a bunch of planets it's kind of a waste to have to constantly run the same mission if you want good items.

not quite shore if this is the right place to post this but I currently feel that if you don’t own a warframe or even have the parts for that warframe then you should not get that mod as easily,  I men I end up getting sooooo many modes for warframes I don’t own and none of the rare modes that are meant for any warframe in general.

Dues anyone ells fell the same, maybe they can make  at the vary lest a mod that increases item find rate?

thanks for your time :)

I've killed Lech kril over 300 times in the past week for Frost Blueprints.  I have about...  28 Orokin Cells from him alone.

EDIT:  300+ kills and this icy jerk won't drop Frost Systems.

Edited by Vince613

Right now, it has become an obvious problem...Rare resource drops are beyond minimal now. It takes so many runs to get that 1 rare resource. It seems like its following the trend of what had happened to the alloys before the devs made it easier to get them. 

For example (based on my gameplay): 37 runs on Tethyls (Saturn) and Exta (Ceres) all together only got me 3 Orokin cells. 22 runs on Psmanthe (Neptune) got me only 1 Control Mod.

Also on the topic, I'm getting hundred and hundreds of Nano Spores, (WTF??!!), way more then we should normally get. 

So, I am saying...right now, the resource drop rate system is stuffed up like what had happened (or is still currently happening) with the Alert Missions. Before, Alloy Plates was the main issue as it was too hard to get them; now it's the rare resources and such.

and so, please fix and amend the drop rates.

If you did 37 runs(you actually counted?) then you didn't stop and open every chest, container, and kill every enemy. Yeah,its boring, but killing all enemies till they stop coming, and opening all the containers on a level, earns you that RNG reward. On a standard mission, which I have to solo because no one stops running in 'co-op', I usually have between 450-500 kills and between 600-800 pickups.

For proof, you can check out these screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047308434/screenshots/

(There are some random ones in there you can ignore, just the ones with 400+ drops/kills are the ones I'm talking about)

Or here:

http://tenchi74ws.x10host.com/Warframe_Pics/

I have 60k+ Nano Spores,10k+ of all the common/uncommon stuff, and between 6 and 20 of all the rares, minus control boards, I agree those need to drop way more often.

Edited by Aidith

If you did 37 runs(you actually counted?) then you didn't stop and open every chest, container, and kill every enemy. Yeah,its boring, but killing all enemies till they stop coming, and opening all the containers on a level, earns you that RNG reward. On a standard mission, which I have to solo because no one stops running in 'co-op', I usually have between 450-500 kills and between 600-800 pickups.

For proof, you can check out these screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047308434/screenshots/

(There are some random ones in there you can ignore, just the ones with 400+ drops/kills are the ones I'm talking about)

Or here:

http://tenchi74ws.x10host.com/Warframe_Pics/

I have 60k+ Nano Spores,10k+ of all the common/uncommon stuff, and between 6 and 20 of all the rares, minus control boards, I agree those need to drop way more often.

Well, I obviously do a thorough "Search and Destroy". Kill everything in my way and search the whole place clean. My clan mates also do the same exact thing, but we're just really unlucky. 

And yea, I just happened to have counted the amounts of runs I did and the results were disappointing. I guess the  resource RNG doesn't like some of us as much as the rest.

I made a suggestion in another thread that I think would help this situation.

I like the randomness of the RNG system, but there's got to be a point where they are like "alright man, you earned this."

What they could do is add another currency to the game. Something like medals. Each boss has their own specific medal. You get one each time you beat them. Their medals could be used to buy the items they drop like the bp's and rare mats.

Your problem might be that Split Chamber is a Corpus drop...

But yeah I agree with OP that the material drops are getting progresively worse and worse. They should have warned us what they were going to do when they dropped update 8, which with its inclusion of clan materials in boss loot tables seemingly dropped the rare resource rates to very rare. And it seems to be that since update 8.2/8.3 that the drop rates have been further reduced to ultra rare. Quite frankly it should be that resource drops from a boss should be reversed, i.e. rare mats should be common, uncommon stay uncommon and common move to rare. Farming Hyena for contol mods recently I have three full sets of loki blueprints and only 2 control modules to show for it... That was about 30 runs of the boss...

A lot of people comment that RNG is random, however there cannot be any denying that the drop rates have been considerably changed from what they were and without comment from DE. Grind is not an endgame.

There has been comment from DE. According to the code segment given by DE_Steve, the drop rates for the rare materials didn't really change after U8 (which surprised me too); the clan materials don't actually affect the drop rate of the rare resource: in Hyena's case for example, they split the chance it'd drop ferrite with fieldron. Its chance to drop a module was 25% before U8 and after U8.

It's basically a case of the RNG hating your guts, happens to everybody sometimes. For example, I haven't had too much difficulty farming control modules, over the past two weeks alone I've probably farmed 20 of the stupid things, it's pretty rare that it takes me more than three runs to get one. When I was farming Loki parts though? Took me a several dozen attempts just to get the systems.

I bash DE quite a bit and yeah, the over-reliance on RNG doesn't please me (even if it's being pretty good to me for the time being), but U8 wasn't to blame. It just turns out that the rare resource drop rate from bosses always kinda sucked (and even moreso from standard mobs and containers).

Edited by Taranis49

There has been comment from DE. According to the code segment given by DE_Steve, the drop rates for the rare materials didn't really change after U8 (which surprised me too); the clan materials don't actually affect the drop rate of the rare resource: in Hyena's case for example, they split the chance it'd drop ferrite with fieldron. Its chance to drop a module was 25% before U8 and after U8.

It's basically a case of the RNG hating your guts, happens to everybody sometimes. For example, I haven't had too much difficulty farming control modules, over the past two weeks alone I've probably farmed 20 of the stupid things, it's pretty rare that it takes me more than three runs to get one. When I was farming Loki parts though? Took me a several dozen attempts just to get the systems.

I bash DE quite a bit and yeah, the over-reliance on RNG doesn't please me (even if it's being pretty good to me for the time being), but U8 wasn't to blame. It just turns out that the rare resource drop rate from bosses always kinda sucked (and even moreso from standard mobs and containers).

Hmm thanks for that Taranis49, wasn't aware of that post from DE_Steve (obviously). It could be that I was overly lucky with the RNG prior to U8, and now it reaps my tears post U8... I guess the whole 'feel' of how often things drop has changed... I guess this may be because of the extra type of resource that now drops, causes my mind to say that I'm getting less of the one that I want. But I will stand by what I said that the feel of the rare mat rate is that it has gone down. And pretty much I feel that it needs to be proved that it hasn't changed (i.e. we need footage of runs prior to U8 and now compared, to see how the drops actually go) (FYI I also make sure to farm all the containers on the level, and equip maxed master thief when possible).

I guess it was also possible that prior to U8 I was still completing the pluto missions, stil had stuff to buy in the market etc etc, so crafting was only starting to become most of my game. But it brings us back that the current just-before-endless-defence-endgame is crafting the clan weapons and everything else you have a blue print for. Which takes ages under what the current drop rates feel like.

Gaming in our current era is all about those little achievments, yearning us to go on and on in a game (and hence spending more money). Rare mat drops should not be that little achievment. Crafting that weapon or crafting the componet (in the case of clan weapons) should be. Quite frankly at mastery level 8, 170 hours in, all but two warframes built... the task of building the remaining things is so daunting that it is turning me off playing (I have spent money in this game btw, I have kept all my weapons, so spent lots on slots and bought all the colour packs... my point is that I would likely still play, and pay, if I felt I was getting somewhere)

Hmm thanks for that Taranis49, wasn't aware of that post from DE_Steve (obviously). It could be that I was overly lucky with the RNG prior to U8, and now it reaps my tears post U8... I guess the whole 'feel' of how often things drop has changed... I guess this may be because of the extra type of resource that now drops, causes my mind to say that I'm getting less of the one that I want. But I will stand by what I said that the feel of the rare mat rate is that it has gone down. And pretty much I feel that it needs to be proved that it hasn't changed (i.e. we need footage of runs prior to U8 and now compared, to see how the drops actually go) (FYI I also make sure to farm all the containers on the level, and equip maxed master thief when possible).

I guess it was also possible that prior to U8 I was still completing the pluto missions, stil had stuff to buy in the market etc etc, so crafting was only starting to become most of my game. But it brings us back that the current just-before-endless-defence-endgame is crafting the clan weapons and everything else you have a blue print for. Which takes ages under what the current drop rates feel like.

Gaming in our current era is all about those little achievments, yearning us to go on and on in a game (and hence spending more money). Rare mat drops should not be that little achievment. Crafting that weapon or crafting the componet (in the case of clan weapons) should be. Quite frankly at mastery level 8, 170 hours in, all but two warframes built... the task of building the remaining things is so daunting that it is turning me off playing (I have spent money in this game btw, I have kept all my weapons, so spent lots on slots and bought all the colour packs... my point is that I would likely still play, and pay, if I felt I was getting somewhere)

Well, beyond the code excerpt (which is pretty solid evidence); from what I recall, they also apparently took data from something like 10,000 runs pre and post U8. The drop rate for modules was a consistent 25% for Hyena itself, 2.5% for standard mobs/containers.

But yeah, when things don't go your way, it can definitely feel like things got mucked up post-U8 (for me, the pain in the &#! drop was Neurodes when I was building sidearms for mastery, I could go hours without seeing one regardless of where I went).

Sadly though, the thing I've found is that unless you need ferrite or fieldron (I doubt anyone, anywhere needs nanospores, but you never know), taking your time to clear the level, check every nook and cranny, etc. just isn't worth it if all you need are modules, even if with a maxed master thief equipped. There's pretty big diminishing returns in trying it. Odds are that if Hyena doesn't drop a module, nothing else in the level will either; and in the time it takes to check every nook and cranny just once you can just run Hyena itself and reach extraction several times.

Having built Ogris and Supra along with some of the less expensive clan weapons, the other thing I'd suggest is not to try and get everything done all at once. Even with the RNG being nice to me I kinda burned myself out for a few days doing that.

Edited by Taranis49