Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be careful of addiction

Abbados222

3 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

Well, not everyone played as efficient as possible, with meta setup, boosters. It can also be RNG not on your side. Chatting, trading, farming, fashion-framing and min-maxing also takes time.

@Abbados222 I hope that the Hema research cost is a wakeup call for your friend and everyone else, as it did for me. That people shouldn't spend too much time in Warframe.
Take some breaks away from the game. It shouldn't take up most of your life..

Yep I agree. Warframe is just a game. I hope my friend will realize this too.

This really is a thing people should not joke about.

Someone mentioned almost getting divorced 'cause of Lineage 2, and I've too witnessed a serious addiction to that game. A friend of mine was so addicted that he skipped school (in university of applied sciences) and stopped seeing his friends. We (his friends) got really worried. He didn't eat properly, he didn't take care of his personal hygien... Once we wanted him to stop playng even for a one evening, wen't to his place and gave him a bottle of wine like "let's drink this and have some fun!" He took the bottle and drunk it WHILE playing the game. The rest of us sat in his kitchen without him. Eventually he had to stop playing 'cause he didn't have any money to pay for the game (it was pay2play). Needles to say I never even tried Lineage 2, no one wants to end  in that kind of condition.

I believe Warframe can 'cause a serious addiction as well. I admit that I've recognized the symptoms in myself. Getting angry when not been able to play. Waiting for the whole day just to get back in the game. Skipping other things to get to play more... BUT because of the story I told about my friend I knew what was happening and I had a quite long break from playing any games. After that I came back. Once in a while I've done the same thing: when noticing the game is taking too much of my focus from my real life I take a break. Maybe a week or two. I recommend this for everyone.

Just remember: the risk of addiction is real. Take care of your self, and you can actually enjoy the game AND your real life.