Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World On Fir.... -Trips Then Recasts-

PopTartZombie

The Ember currently has an animation issue with casting World On Fire.

If you get knocked down in any way within seconds of casting World On Fire, the Ember's Uber ability, you will run the full course of the 2.5 second (give or take) cast animation again.

Its obviously a slight mistake somewhere along the lines between the animation staff and the animation coding staff. What causes it has me stumped. There may be a residual cast time duration clip on the animation that runs shortly after the animation is visible and then some code in being knocked down may cause that small invisible time scale left on the animation to loop, thinking the animation is being interrupted.

In my opinion, the Ember's uber shouldn't be able to be interrupted but you may still take shield/health damage, given the time it takes to cast and the delayed kills while in or near a large group of enemies.

Edited by PopTartZombie

Didn't they fix this a few patches ago?

It's an old matter, with any frame really. Just need to have knockdown + long cast animation ability.

Story time:

Mag in infested level. Started to cast Crush, got knocked down by a leaper, got back up to re-do the animation, knocked down by an ancient, repeat 5 times. Full health to death.

I'm also seeing this a lot with Ember, any attack that causes stagger resets the casting animation and any attack that completely knocks you down results in getting back up+casting animation again. Definitely seems like a lot more time just to activate WoF. Especially when I use it most for an escape mechanism and it end with my shields getting depleted/health damage in the end :(