Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Kalash, The Weapons Master

Lady_Khaos

We already have Vauban, the Combat Engineer. So, logically I think we should have a support class weapons master.

The name is just an idea. Kalash, in honor of Kalashnikov. Visually, I could see him/her looking like a Ghost from Starcraft II

Ghost_SC_by_Karkan.jpg

Stats

Level 1/Level 30  (values are examples)

Health: 100/275

Shields: 100/275

Armor: 40

Energy: 50/200      (can simultaneously cast all abilities at level 30)

Speed: 1.15

As for abilities, they would all be low energy personal or group weapon buffs, each affecting a different weapon class, buffing fire rate, damage, etc.

Abilities:

1- Sword Smith  15 energy    Kalash supercharges his/her melee weapon, increasing base damage/charge damage and fire rate/charge rate by 5/10/15/20% for 15-30 seconds. Stealth melee attacks are a guaranteed kill. Visual effect= melee weapon glows with an aura

2- True Assassin   25 energy    Kalash supercharges and silences his/her secondary weapon, increasing base damage, crit chance (additive), and fire rate by 15/20/25/30% for 15-30 seconds. Visual effect= secondary weapon glows with an aura

3- Master Marksman  35 energy     Kalash supercharges and silences his/her primary weapon, increasing base damage, accuracy, and fire rate by 15/20/25/30% for 15-30 seconds. Visual effect= primary weapon glows with an aura, aimed shots have targets highlighted like Banshee's Silence.

4- Limiter Removal   125 energy    All abilities used for the next 30/60/90/120 seconds are applied to the entire team and percentages of each ability are increased by +2.5/2.5/5/7.5% (additive not multiplicative) for each kill while the 1, 2, 3 ability is active. Also restores all ammo by 25% of max, or alternatively deploys a physical box to refill all ammo types. Visual effect= Warframes glow with an aura

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

What about some drones flying around him? or a suicidal drone doing a large aoe blast.

i'd like him to have Ammo dispensing skill or a combat turret. Or since you used Ghost, weapon damage boost for short amount of time.

The focus is on the fact that he would be an expert on weapons, so boosts to primary, secondary, and melee weapons. I could see him deploying squad ammo crates or something. Just wanted to get the basic idea out before I could forget it. Gonna develop it more later.

Ability 1:  AoE Melee damage boost- stays with Kalish instead of being a "Fire & Forget" like Rhino Roar.

Ability 2:  Secondary weapons gain ammunition on each kill and have increased range.

Ability 3:  Primary Weapons gain a slow ammo-in-clip regen and faster reload with each kill.

Ultimate:  All Warframes in the vicinity gain a copy of all their weapons and dual wield everything, with doubled attack speed.

It'd be a "Stack" frame- the more you do while under the effects of the skills, the more you gain.

We already have Vauban, the Combat Engineer. So, logically I think we should have a support class weapons master.

The name is just an idea. Kalish, in honor of Kalishnikov. Visually I could see him/her looking like a Ghost from Starcraft II

Ghost_SC_by_Karkan.jpg

As for abilities, they would all be low energy personal or group weapon buffs, each affecting a different weapon class, buffing fire rate, damage, etc. Will flesh the idea out more later when I have time.

i made a battlemaster class similar to this with no damage ability's at all just a melee buff primary weapon buff shield and healing ability turned out pretty great just have to fine tune the stats ect but i like your idea we will need more buffing support warframes once that new hardcore mode comes out later

ability 1: hmmm

ability 2: hmmm

ability 3: unlimited clip for duration :D

ability 4: not a 100 energy ability, but a persistent laser drone that nukes or cc's enemies you damage. use the ability 4 button to toggle function? :)

Seems like an amazing support style character would be incredibly amazing to play.

Overarching weapon mastery and a powerful support ult is an excellent concept.

Indeed. Currently the only support frame is Trinity. Besides that, the devs just introduced 2 more support abilities: Rhino Roar and Volt's updated Speed. So I definitely get the feeling that at least Scott wants to include more support focus in the game.

Speaking of, thought of another support ability, but not for this frame....and I just forgot it... Dx

Nice idea but i think you should have only 1 skill that buffs all the weapons and really that should be the ulti. Other skills could be like flashbang or frag granade, somekind of 2nd sentinel with low duration that shoot whatever you are shooting and mayby somekind of turret with small area AoE like flamethrower. I like the idea and this could work.

I just think if all the skills would only buff weapons i wouldnt be really powerfull enough. Atleast i mainly use skills when my gun is realoading so it wouldnt fit for me if it would be like OP put it.

1st post on forums btw

Nice idea but i think you should have only 1 skill that buffs all the weapons and really that should be the ulti. Other skills could be like flashbang or frag granade, somekind of 2nd sentinel with low duration that shoot whatever you are shooting and mayby somekind of turret with small area AoE like flamethrower. I like the idea and this could work.

I just think if all the skills would only buff weapons i wouldnt be really powerfull enough. Atleast i mainly use skills when my gun is realoading so it wouldnt fit for me if it would be like OP put it.

1st post on forums btw

Which means you completely ignored the entire point of this frame. It is not an engineer. Vauban already fills that role. This is a weapons expert. As in he makes the EXISTING weapons more effective. Please think about the basis of a concept before you go and try to rewrite it.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Which means you completely ignored the entire point of this frame. It is not an engineer. Vauban already fills that role. This is a weapons expert. As in he makes the EXISTING weapons more effective. Please think about the basis of a concept before you go and try to rewrite it.

Ok i mayby tried too much but skills that buff only secondary weapons would be highly situational if ever usefull ans same goes with melee buffs. I tried to fill the blanks that leaving those skills out with somekind of weapon that weaponmasters would use.

How is granade combat engineers tool? When i did my military service they were standard issue with everyone. Flashbang would fit better than frag cos it would give some crowd controll ability.

Ok the turret thing is mayby bit engineerish, but we can switch it to claymore type of weapon if it fits better.

2nd sentinel idead was just something i filled in cos couldnt think enything better to give you short time damage buff that would fit even loosely how i think OP:s thinking. Mayby this could be something completely different.

I just dont want more useless abilities that arent ever used. Im starting to be sorry i typed enything...

Do you realize that with the amount of energy you gave him, this guy would have to wait until rank 15 before he can cast his first ult skill?? This is assuming you don't use flow (which is basically 50% less effective on this frame) or streamline...

Edit: Also it's KalAshnikov not KalIshnikov

Edited by S3raph

I like the idea. Very much. Like, so much I want to give it some chocolate and flowers. Then shag it, but that's not the main focus here moving on.

(just remember the fan zone is meant for this. sorry, i get picky about where things go. things have a place and should always be in their place)