Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a contemplation of the caustasyst

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

well... how to start this weird question .... 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20161021004947

Ive always liked the embolyst , but my pox kinda replaced it in loadouts , when this ^ came out i saw it as a second chance with that weapon in some ways 

now i thought with the innate corrosive and its finisher trigger on charge attacks in slime path was some big perks in its favor , so i just recently paired it with my ember build

i use primed fury, primed reach and its more then fast enough and range is nice now ,i then used primed pressure point and life strike, and drifting contact 

left me  3 some slots open  so i tried the meta a few told me was a good corrosive, viral heat 

it was not impressive in terms of overall speed of kill ? 

even with accelerant buff against heavies of higher levels it was not fast in terms of dealign with them 

i then applied a corrosive / gas/ cold and found that oddly worked better ? 

now in simulacron i find it hard to get stealth multiplier with ember, but the finisher damage was very nice including the gas/toxic ticks to hp , cold slowed them down and corrosive took huge chunks of armor buff out

so i mainly had WOF upa nd ran head long into them throwing up charge attacks and using the spin of stalking fan stance 

even with zero stealth it was pretty impressive at cc and  takedown of targets 

so my question is why is this the case? i thought with viral and corrosive to reduce hp/armor and then deal heat with a buff would be a greater at tearing enemies apart faster?

i ted to like viral paired with ember on my melee , so im curious if others find this an accurate? 

2 answers to this question

viral and corrosive are good if you can rapidly and consistently proc them on things. even then, viral only stacks once. and corrosive takes time to fully strip armor and do full damage. Gas works so well on so many things because gas procs cause an AoE of toxin procs and toxin procs can stack. This is why the acrid was the king of DPS back in the day, because of constant toxin damage stacking.

4 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

viral and corrosive are good if you can rapidly and consistently proc them on things. even then, viral only stacks once. and corrosive takes time to fully strip armor and do full damage. Gas works so well on so many things because gas procs cause an AoE of toxin procs and toxin procs can stack. This is why the acrid was the king of DPS back in the day, because of constant toxin damage stacking.

well the acrid is still pretty strong in that regard , so its not that viral and heat arnt strong, its just that gas in combination with corrosive and even the cold to slow makes for a quicker combination of elements to take down targets ,