Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban loadout help!

SamuraiPizza

Question

Hi!

So I've dusted off my trusty old Vauban (not Prime, I still haven't farmed the prime, I will at some point) and plan on using him a lot more since that ABSOLUTELY SICK Suppressor skin was released (good God, what an outstanding skin...).

Now the last time I played Vauban it was at fairly low level solo or high level in squads. In squads, he's reasonably survivable because teammates help take some of the heat off of you by just being present on the battlefield, plus other frames can have survivability buffing abilities, such as Trinity. Solo however, let's just say his hefty appearance belies his fragility. I keep swapping between Vigor, Vitality, Redirection and Quick Thinking to keep him alive, I haven't decided which is the best yet. In the interim, I'm looking at his loadout.  I'd preferably like a weapon that has a good syndicate heal, since the heal helps with his squishiness.

I'm thinking:

Primary: A general use kill-all-the-things-gun, like the Vaykor Hek/Burston Prime (corrosive/blast status build)  /Telos Boltor/Sancti Tigris

Secondary: Something to clean out the Vortex real quick like. Sonicor/Staticor, perhaps?

Melee: Anything really. Thinking Jat Kittag because funsies. 

Alternatively:

Primary: Tonkor to clean out his vortex

Secondary: Vaykor Marelok for the syndicate heal+super solid secondary by ANY standard

Melee: Still Jat Kittag? (I really like that hammah, kay? It probably will carry a Lifestrike) 

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a better way to supplement his survivability with his weapons that also synergize with his abilities? 

Cheers!

6 answers to this question

First off, Vauban is built around his 2 most useful augment mods (and abilities): Repelling Bastille or Perpetual Vortex. Also, depending on what the mission is, you may have to just hold enemies back and not kill them until needed (like in interceptions) or you may need to stop them from attacking and disable for easy slaughter (like in survival/defense).

As far as weapons, a nuking primary is always good. An accurate secondary that can mow down small groups or a single tough enemy with ease works. Finally, the melee, should be strong and have good reach. All this is subject to the conditions needed for each different enemy type and their respective weaknesses.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

First off, Vauban is built around his 2 most useful augment mods (and abilities): Repelling Bastille or Perpetual Vortex. Also, depending on what the mission is, you may have to just hold enemies back and not kill them until needed (like in interceptions) or you may need to stop them from attacking and disable for easy slaughter (like in survival/defense).

As far as weapons, a nuking primary is always good. An accurate secondary that can mow down small groups or a single tough enemy with ease works. Finally, the melee, should be strong and have good reach. All this is subject to the conditions needed for each different enemy type and their respective weaknesses.

Yep, yep, yep and yep. No disagreement anywhere.

My Vauban build is pretty solid, I do use augments, I'm just asking about his weapon setup to aid survivability. 

Nuking primary: I believe the Sancti Tigris as suggested by the previous poster counts? 

Secondary: I'm really thinking vaykor marelok (it's my absolute favourite secondary)

Melee: Jat Kittag has a lot of reach and ragdoll CC.

I'm...not sure if I'm missing anything?

2 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

Yep, yep, yep and yep. No disagreement anywhere.

My Vauban build is pretty solid, I do use augments, I'm just asking about his weapon setup to aid survivability. 

Nuking primary: I believe the Sancti Tigris as suggested by the previous poster counts? 

Secondary: I'm really thinking vaykor marelok (it's my absolute favourite secondary)

Melee: Jat Kittag has a lot of reach and ragdoll CC.

I'm...not sure if I'm missing anything?

yeah, that's a good loadout. I would just try to compensate, i.e if you have a single shot primary, bring an automatic secondary. Stuff like that.