Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

focus abilities and mods

javahut4646

Question

does anyone know if the focus ability stacks with mods? (ex: zenurik energy overflow and energy siphon) i have used both at the same time but really didnt notice a difference but i know there are funky calculations that this game has. energy overflow at the base level gives 1 energy per second and energy siphon maxed gives about the same so i would assume both would give 2 per second but thats not the case for me.

4 answers to this question

Well Energy Siphon gives 0.6 energy per second at max rank per player while Energy Overflow gives 4 per second at max rank, so unless you had a full team of Energy Siphons, there wouldn't be a hugely noticeable benefit. IMO Energy Overflow is rather OP like that. However, I'm not sure if both increases add up to a single "energy per second" stat, or if they both have their own separate counters, which would affect how your energy increases with both in use.

30 minutes ago, Kanlor said:

Well energy siphon gives .6 energy so intotal it wont show u geting two because u are actually geting 1.6 energy per second

Thats not actually how energy ticks, its similar to drain abilities. You'll get 2 the first tick, 1 the next, and so on until it evens out to 1.6. The number is fairly meaningless though because energy is stored as a double, ie 250 max energy is really 250.00 max energy. So its just showing you the data with whatever the decimal is cropped out.

0 + 1.6 >>> 1, + 1.6 >>> 3

Honestly no real reason to use energy siphon in missions you'll be in long enough to have Zenurik.  The 4 energy/sec at max rank (even just 1) is plenty enough that you are better off putting something like corrosive projection or steel charge.