Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Xini Map

Dipstick

The map where xini defense and a bunch of other defenses take place encourages players to spawn camp the enemy spawns, making whoever defends the pod one board S.O.B.

Some people were saying that being a door hero is just noobish or being a $&*^, but tbh it is a level design problem.

The current set up encourages players to run to the left spawn (near where you start) and murder an entire wave with some abilities or maybe a good weapon. This IS the most efficient way of doing the early waves of defense, due to the entire wave being bunched up without the slow enemies separating from the quick ones yet.

removing that back ramp would at least force people to murder entire waves closer to the pod, so poor frost would get more xp.

Please fix, I believe in you.

I don't get it. How is it a level design issue?

There are several spawn points...

There are only 2 ways to the pod.

The best strategy would be to wait at each path and kill there.

What doesn;t make sense is why people run to that particular spawn point and stay there while the enemies spawn somewhere else and kill the POD. >_<

The map where xini defense and a bunch of other defenses take place encourages players to spawn camp the enemy spawns, making whoever defends the pod one board S.O.B.

Some people were saying that being a door hero is just noobish or being a &#036;&amp;*^, but tbh it is a level design problem.

The current set up encourages players to run to the left spawn (near where you start) and murder an entire wave with some abilities or maybe a good weapon. This IS the most efficient way of doing the early waves of defense, due to the entire wave being bunched up without the slow enemies separating from the quick ones yet.

removing that back ramp would at least force people to murder entire waves closer to the pod, so poor frost would get more xp.

Please fix, I believe in you.

First 15 waves its a free for all for numbers on screen lovers. After that you need to play differently as you are aware. When we can select our wave or the choice of game we would like to join this will be fixed. The problem is too much arrogance from ... Stop @(*()&#036; around DE and add what we want before we all walk.

It's infested defense, why is frost defending the pod? Vauban is better suited as the frost role in infested defense missions.

A frost is still good on Xini as his aoe suits channelled areas and his globe slows down mobs that stumble you or knock you over or omg even steal energy. Frost is very viable on Xini.

I don't get it. How is it a level design issue?

There are several spawn points...

There are only 2 ways to the pod.

The best strategy would be to wait at each path and kill there.

What doesn;t make sense is why people run to that particular spawn point and stay there while the enemies spawn somewhere else and kill the POD. >_<

_Rue_,

There are two reasons people camp spawns as opposed to the the ramps to the pod. First, the ramps leading to the pod are angled in such a way that, if one was on the pod, aiming a straight line skill towards the ramp, the damage would not go past the first 2 meters of the ramp. Examples of such skills would be Excaliber's Slash Dash or Frost's Ice Wave. However, the two main spawn sites are laid on flat ground, and thus the skill would go through for it's full effective distance. 

Secondly, there is a mobility issue involved in defending right on the pod. Once you get past wave 10, the enemies will start swarming the ramp making picking up energy orbs and ammo either impossible due to space limitations or a practical death run. However, there is kiting space near both main spawns so that if a player were to need energy, he could do a square maneuver or side run to get all of the ammo and energy drops.

Ideally, you would have 2 mass clearers on each of the main spawns, a secondary mobile clearer mainly helping near the player exit point but able to run back to the pod in case of any mishaps or take over briefly for the main clearer on that side of the map. The defender is ideally a frost or the like that can mass clear but has no problem taking care of the few enemies that occasionally drop aggro on the main clearers during kiting for ammo purposes. They should mainly look to clear enemies coming from the second story of the map from the pod point.

Hope that answers your question and as always, thanks for reading.

Its not even that they have to kill them right on the pod, but if I'm playing pod defense because i want to not fail i don't get experience from a door hero. They just need to play back a bit. Or maybe they'll learn if everyone quits playing defense and sits in the spawn

I see my point was missed. I was not solely referring to infested defense, the problem is actually much more severe for the corpus defense on this map.

And regardless, it is still stupid that the longest sight line on the map is going to the freaking spawn, making anyone defending the pod lose out on xp. 

Just add some big boxes in that back room or remove the room completely and watch as all the scrubs QQ all over the forums.

Nothing wrong with Xini Defence mission. First 15-20 level is FFA.
Level 20 onward I think everyone will be automatic push back to the Pod for defense. 

Or you never play until wave 20 onward?

PS: Never Let the Green Ancient Near your POD. Try letting one level 100++ Poison Ancient die beside the POD and you might see Mission Fail. Always kill this Green Colour Ancient before it is too late.

Edited by StarKnight