Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

? Alerts Playable For Half Of The World

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Dear DE,

I know you've just improved the alert system, but I really hope you read this appeal; I do like the current alert system, it's random enough to ensure rare items quite often and to reward who is "constantly" online or at least checking forums, warframe app and so on.

Warframe has a global community, so it's normal to have a few timezones issues, but this become unpleasant when you're releasing blueprints via alerts.

I woke up this morning, checked the Alert Notifications forum praying the Old Gods and the New that I didn't miss anything too cool while I was asleep, but BAM! Vauban System at 4 a.m.

While my desolate cry was breaking Eris sky, I read this post:

"Yeah nice a System BP at 4am in the morning, right in the middle of the Week....

I'm online the whole Day even at Work, but when im asleep? , no chance to get it for me again...

Seems like i have to wait another Month.

DE.. plz up the chances to spawn it. there were about 3 of each of the other parts before a system spawns, thats unbalanced."

I have to say I agree with him; aside from the fact that system spawns seem to be rarer than the other BP, I think it's a pity to be 99,9% unable to get something because of organic needs such as sleeping.

Just to clarify: I'm fine with the random alerts system, I'm fine when a certain BP comes one time a week or even a month and I'm fine with the point that you have to be lucky being online while the alert you were waiting for is up.

What I'd like to have is a double alert: repeat certain alerts 12 hours after the first release, giving the chance to get it also to people that were in the middle of the night while the first one was up.

At that point if the alert it's missed again is "player fault", but you gave the chance to everyone to get the stuff.

I know this may cause a problem: the first alert would be unespected, while the second one would be predictable; this could be solved by reducing the online time of the second alert or giving a time range of 4/5 hours in which the alert will be up.

Also, if you think that it would be too much easy to get the stuff then, you can change the spawns: I would be happier to have a BP once a month or even 2 months, but having a real chance to get it.

It's just a suggestion and it may be unrealizable or improvable, but I think it could be a good way to make everyone's happy without breaking the alerts system.

Thanks and keep on working on this game, you're doing a great job!

If it's possible to keep a flag of who all did the first instance of the alert, just exclude them from the 12-hour-later repeat, and bam. Not really abuseable, as nobody can be like "AND I GET A POTATO AGAIN IN TWELVE HOURS WOOOO" because they wouldn't get access to the repeat alert.

As

, "Now all that's left is to schedule all the Vauban blueprint alerts for when you're at school, work, or sleeping- because that's exactly what's going to happen." Edited by TheBlueJelly

I'm not sure why the this kind of a Alert pops up in this circumstances, but i can think of because DERebecca joined us for a smalltalk with a couple more DE's ingame in the Council chat. And it was a 15 min Alert, probably more ppl missed that even if they are around this time but didn't know that.

If it's possible to keep a flag of who all did the first instance of the alert, just exclude them from the 12-hour-later repeat, and bam. Not really abuseable, as nobody can be like "AND I GET A POTATO AGAIN IN TWELVE HOURS WOOOO" because they wouldn't get access to the repeat alert.

As

, "Now all that's left is to schedule all the Vauban blueprint alerts for when you're at school, work, or sleeping- because that's exactly what's going to happen."

Yes of course, nice idea; I was only thinking about the BP, but with your system it would be perfect also for other items such as Forma, potato and so on.

If 12 hours are too close, it could be like: "The alert would be up again in the next 36 hours, in opposite moment the day"; that would be still random and hard enough to catch cause it's hard to reserve a full day for an alert!

I mean, it's obvious to loose some alerts, there's a real life out there, but even the nerdest guy needs to sleep, so a double alert for a few selected items that bypasses the timezone issue would be really nice!

Edited by siralextraffo