Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is stacking armor worth it on Volt?

Volt_Cruelerz

So as I was respecing my Volt again today (I did a quick one last night just to try out the new stuff), I noticed that the Volt only has 10 armor. Wait.. What? Now, I don't know the exact damage reduction rate that armor offers, but something tells me that putting any armor on it at all (unless its as a combo mod or something) is a worthless effort. 100% armor sends you to 20. Stick that same mod on a Rhino and you're at 100. What?! I mean.. Isn't that kinda.. gratuitous?

Idk.. It just seems like if you're going to make the Volt glass, at least make it a cannon (but then Overload doesn't instagib anymore and doesn't even offer the CC that Crush does).

Except overload doesn't seem to be nearly as effective as it once was so there's not a whole lot incentive for that :(

Yeah I need two overloads to kill a room usually now, sometimes quite a few still survive after the second also.

The only reason I'm not selling Volt is that I've supercharged it with a Reactor.

Great job nerfing the 'High Damage' warframe. On the plus side he has 13 mod slots, ignoring 2 nodes for overload.

Btw Rhino's armor has been nerfed as well. Its 25.0 now.

Radial Blast is even more useless, Iron Skin duration decreased and Rhino Stomp sucks even more.

I'm not playing after the next nerf.

So basicly you guys are dissapointed you can't one hit everything in a room anymore with one AOE skill? Get over it really, what's the point if you're playing with 4 people and everyone runs in a room and does a AOE skill to clear it and get the energy back fast and do it again? That's not fun in my opinion i like the nerfs so you actually HAVE to pay attention more rather than spamming skills.

Edit: More on-topic: It's what suits you best i think if you're more the initiate guy get your Volt more tanky and if you like to be more in the back shooting and doing skills then you should get more shield/power.

Edited by ProjectOne

Volt nerf rant:

I don't mind the idea of a nerf and honestly at first was excited about it, heck, I made a thread on it. The problem is that Volt alternates wildly between stupid OP (Corpus) and mind numbingly useless (Infested). It was balanced around the OP component without a whole lot done to the UP component. Yes, he now does AoE damage to everything immediately around him. If that damage was sufficient to instagib all non-heavies, I'd be satisfied. The problem is, you're building on a frame that can only max at 175 energy or go without Speed Boost. In either case, you're dealing with heavy tradeoffs and even if you choose to go without an entire ability, sometimes mobs survive double Overloads now. From the class that is supposed to be the general caster frame. Crush does 1000 damage to unarmored targets and can nearly kill a level 35 Grineer. Overload does IIRC something like 220. What I'd really like to be completely honest is to yes, have the immediate area get nuked with however much it takes to kill any normal mob in the game. Just make the overhead lightning strikes not also hit things struck directly by you and it should be good for mobs. Ugh.. I'm sorry different topic...

Anyways, It really does feel like armor does a whole lot of nothing. I swapped out two 70% armor mods for a 76% melee damage and a 74 health and I'm finding myself way more durable from one mod.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

DE should have just raised the energy requirement for using the power to 150 or 175. Nerfs never work well and the end result is usually an extremely op character as a result of the backlash. None of his other powers are that good. Look at excaliber, should he be nerfed to? Why not remove powers entirely?

Sorry if this post seems a little aggressive but how fun is it when you are swarmed by enemies and can do nothing about it? There are usually more than enough enemies even when there are multiple volts in a group.

Looks like i'm going to have to redo my volt :(

Edited by FreshJB2