Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus question

Matxer

Question

I have started the Zenurik school. After reading wiki I have some question regarding focus:

1. I plan to stick to Zenurik. What should I do with the lenses from other schools ?

2. Is it better to equip a weapon or a frame ? And what frame farms faster focus points ?

3. What happens if I equip lenses from different schools ?

5 answers to this question

1.) you could either trade for more Zenurik lenses or save them in case you want to experiment with the other schools; since once you unlock another school, you can switch between schools

2.) I'd say it's better on a frame, i may be wrong but i think you get more affinity on frames than weapons, which translates to more focus. Also having it on a frame allows you to draw from the affinity from using abilities and kills in general, not just kills by the weapon (again i could be wrong)

3.) if you equip lenses from other schools you simply start collecting for that school too. but keep in mind that if you replace a lens another one you destroy the former, so pay attention to where you are putting a lens

Edited by (PS4)kaibloodedge1

the best way to farm focus is putting greater lenses on frame and all weapons and using it's abillities to kill enemies with affinity booster. Second type of farming is take ivara and doing high lvl exterminate and doing stealth run* slow run xD only killing enemies when you take that yellow focus booster and starting to kill enemies.

If you do not plan to do other schools just sell lenses for plat

It is still a good idea to invest on other focus schools as you will eventually find some use for them. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Naramon with Shadow Step - allows you to do long survival/endurance missions (invisibility = 8x melee damage).  It also gives additional affinity using melee weapons which is great for levelling-up warframes and melee weapons, focus farmings, etc..

2. Vazarin with New Moon - allows you to insta-revive Tennos, Kubrows, Kavats, Sortie Defense Targets, Rescue Targets, etc.. This is great for warframes that do not rely on Zenurik's super energy siphon (warframes with channeled abilities) or will not benefit much from other focus schools.

Favorite places to farm focus points:

1. Selkie (Sedna) - Survival.  With Focus lenses on both warframe and melee weapon and using Naramon Shadow Step.  I usually run solo but with a squad that stays together it is easy to cap the daily focus points limit.  Even with solo, I usually get more XP here than on any other random squad mission.

2. Hydron (Sedna) - Defense.  It's small area that the squad kills would almost always be shared.  Place focus lenses on warframe and weapon you'd be using for this.

You can equip any focus lenses on any warframe or weapon even if your active focus is of a different one (e.g. using Zenurik focus abilities but different lenses on warframe or weapons).  The lenses will not change your active focus abilities. The lenses are there to collect XP for the focus school you wish to rank-up.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

On 12/03/2017 at 3:37 AM, Matxer said:

And what frame is a good lens bearer ? I often use Loki Prime and Frost Prime.

If you only have one choice probably Loki. Since you can use him for spy or rescue generic missions.

I have one on Frost and Loki though when you get another lens later. (and you will if you play your sorties)