Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes I Think Should Happen

dragonslayer667

Certainly, except for donations, but people tend to overlook those. However, I think saying "everything for free" is kind of an overstatement here. Besides slots, Platinum gives the player the ability to skip a lot of the grinding and waiting in the game, buying gear and rushing builds, which I believe is very tempting for many. We also have the current Founders program with some nice rewards catering for a variety of attitudes: completionist (Prime gear), collaborator/gold member (Design Council) and even epeen (Solar Landmark).

Then again, this is the first F2P game I play, so I'm not familiar with the spending mentality of the usual playerbase. I am also fully aware that, while I have payed for the quality of this game and the fun time it has given me, many other people will not.

Lastly, if faced with the choice between the current state of the game and an unlimited inventory while having to pay for the better gear (aka regular pay to win), I prefer things as they are now :P

I've played many F2P games this is the norm when it comes to a business model. A good example of a similar model to this would be vindictus it's a very similar concept. except most of the items in their cash shops cannot not be obtained during regular gameplay. This is why I love Warframe so much in a business sense.

Edited because I can't into words.

Edited by Senkair

Why? Its not like pvp is a main focus. Advantage over what? Helping you kill?

There is a difference between: potential problem, and delusion a little boy cooked up to back up his $&*&*#(%& argument.

So I've played more than you, payed more than you, and your argument is that we should still be at the same vantage point when a new items gets released?

How does someone getting a weapon before you disadvantage you in any way?!?

What is this ADVANTAGE you keep talking about? How does it affect you in any way?!?

the point is paying shouldnt mean you can effectivly out level me thats the issue.getting there faster than me is one thing but actually having a higher cap is a joke. something a little boy cooked up really... i notice how their biggest defenders are people who already dropped cash on a founders pack and seem to want the rest of us to go in as deep as them.

Edited by dragonslayer667

Agreed. If someone gets an awesome item before you and maxes it before you, then the only outcome is that having them on your team BENEFITS you. It does not put you at a disadvantage.

Greedy kids need just play the game and stop trying to get things the easy

Agreed. If someone gets an awesome item before you and maxes it before you, then the only outcome is that having them on your team BENEFITS you. It does not put you at a disadvantage.

Greedy kids need just play the game and stop trying to get things the easy way.

im ok with them getting things b4 me or sooner or whatever but they can XP which means levels i cant even if its tiny now at the rate they add weapons gap could be huge soon.

i think its great you think paying people should be able to out level non paying. why would you defend what would be pay to win which doesnt only apply to pvp

You're killing me here. How about I put this in laymen terms. You pay you get some special stuff you don't your missing out on content. This is the case with everything. Nothing is free. Well except for RPG maker games. You want true free content play those.... not saying they're bad. Mad father was amazing.

i think its great you think paying people should be able to out level non paying. why would you defend what would be pay to win which doesnt only apply to pvp

NEWSFLASH. I still have to level them up. I don't get free exp per weapon :)

SECOND NEWSFLASH. Levels get me nothing cept bragging rights :)

Certainly, except for donations, but people tend to overlook those. However, I think saying "everything for free" is kind of an overstatement here. Besides slots, Platinum gives the player the ability to skip a lot of the grinding and waiting in the game, buying gear and rushing builds, which I believe is very tempting for many. We also have the current Founders program with some nice rewards catering for a variety of attitudes: completionist (Prime gear), collaborator/gold member (Design Council) and even epeen (Solar Landmark).

Then again, this is the first F2P game I play, so I'm not familiar with the spending mentality of the usual playerbase. I am also fully aware that, while I have payed for the quality of this game and the fun time it has given me, many other people will not.

Lastly, if faced with the choice between the current state of the game and an unlimited inventory while having to pay for the better gear (aka regular pay to win), I prefer things as they are now :P

EDIT:

I can agree with a sound argument. However, I feel it is improper in this case because, as I said before, introducing a weapon only those with max rank can use caters to a small fraction of the playerbase, and there is an extremely slim chance of it happening in my opinion because it would be a very bad move in the eyes of the majority.

I also don't recall them ever saying they would add stuff for higher ranked people, but it wouldn't surprise me because it would probably be "endgame", what this game is rather lacking; however, once again, if they add content only those with previous, exclusive content can acquire, then the forums go down in flames with chants of "pay to win". DE has made a point to keep the game mostly free, so I don't think they will go down this road; the only thorn in everyone's side so far is the issue of slots.

exactly it hasnt happened yet but with it set the way it is now it can and all theses fanboys want to defend to the death that these developers cant go wrong.

Greedy kids need just play the game and stop trying to get things the easy

Greedy kids need just play the game and stop trying to get things the easy way.

im ok with them getting things b4 me or sooner or whatever but they can XP which means levels i cant even if its tiny now at the rate they add weapons gap could be huge soon.

Not to mention there are alerts that give weapons all the time, plus clan weapons, plus event weapons, plus you can but the BP for almost ALL the weapons.....yea that matters sooooo much.

Founders only get 3 things that no1 else gets. A Frame, a pistol, and a sword. That's not much of a boost.

Here's something to think about. People who don't pay for stuff essentially play more right? That means you get more mods, and a better chance for super rare mods.

By the way, pay to win would mean that we're all against each other. This is a PvE game, so your argument is invalid.

ya for now have you not read about them giving bonus stuff for higher ranks?

Unless it something that directly impacts YOUR gameplay as someone of a lower rank, I don't even see how that's any of your flying business.

Go level more weapons up.

so much hostility for suggested changes

When your suggestion is based around "I don't want to pay money, but I want everything the people that have paid $250 has." Its crossed the line from constructive to $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by CloudPies

Not to mention there are alerts that give weapons all the time, plus clan weapons, plus event weapons, plus you can but the BP for almost ALL the weapons.....yea that matters sooooo much.

Founders only get 3 things that no1 else gets. A Frame, a pistol, and a sword. That's not much of a boost.

Here's something to think about. People who don't pay for stuff essentially play more right? That means you get more mods, and a better chance for super rare mods.

By the way, pay to win would mean that we're all against each other. This is a PvE game, so your argument is invalid.

paying to be stronger still applies to pve. someone farming faster than me or taking all the kills because of money isnt fun.

paying to be stronger still applies to pve. someone farming faster than me or taking all the kills because of money isnt fun.

I dropped well over 100 bucks for this game. My friend who has not payed a cent on this game has everything he wants and is about ten times better than me in game.

Money doesn't equal skill and enjoyment.

Unless it something that directly impacts YOUR gameplay as someone of a lower rank, I don't even see how that's any of your flying business.

Go level more weapons up.

When your suggestion is based around "I don't want to pay money, but I want everything the people that have paid $250 has." Its crossed the line from constructive to $&*&*#(%&.

its not based around i dont want to pay money did you even read the post. its about not wanting anyone who does pay money to be able to level higher which is unfair. seriously though pay attention i dont want the stuff founders get the cooler looking stuff should be there for them but it shouldnt give them an advantage ingame which is what it does.

You can't be out leveled, ever. The only thing that has ANY effect IN GAME is your Weapons and Warframes "Rank" which for EVERYONE maxes at 30.

Mastery does NOTHING except to be a number beside your name, it does not add to your stats or anything else beyond allowing you to buy certain items which are accessible to anyone who hasn't paid a PENNY.

I haven't paid a single dime on anything except color packs for the look and I have EVERY blueprint on the marketplace, a spare million+ credits, every mod (except Handspring & Retribution & Sanctuary which as far as I'm aware, are obtainable in game as well. -- yes I have 3 Master Thief, multishots ect..ect..ect..) the only thing I don't have a blueprint for is a few warframes and components I SOLD because I don't ever care to play as them and my Mastery rank is 5 and there are .... 42 Weapons I haven't built, and only lvled Ex/Ash/Frost Prime/Volt ... so handfuls of warframes I could still level, to MAX my mastery & some.

I cannot possibly be more clear, there is no benefit to Mastery after rank 4 (which is to unlock the Blueprint for Hek.) aside from clan weapons I could obtain just by leveling another frame/weapon set or two if I really cared to do so and would STILL have a ton of weapons and frames to add to my ever so useless Mastery number.

This isn't me attempting to be hostile in any fashion so heres to hoping it doesn't come across that way, but wanted to be clear about the Mastery portion being nothing but bragging rights which is literally all it is.

Even if for some reason they went out today and set everyone to a Mastery 1 who didn't invest Plat and never allowed anyone to level their Mastery - you would STILL be able to obtain some of the best weapons as well as a variety of weapons in game and through alerts. (All Warframes + Dread, Despair, Hate, Reaper Prime, Duel Zorens, Latron Prime, Heat daggers and swords, jaw sword, plasma sword and plenty more.) ... but they let you max your Mastery, for all the no good it really does.

Edited by Azraill

I dropped well over 100 bucks for this game. My friend who has not payed a cent on this game has everything he wants and is about ten times better than me in game.

Money doesn't equal skill and enjoyment.

doesnt equal skill but founders pack items equal a higher level cap which is crap its not about the items or skill or anything its about them tieing leveling in this game to getting every piece of gear possible which is unfair.

so much hostility for suggested changes

The reason is simple. There are too many people complaining about pay to win. My standpoint is....

WIN WHAT?!!!

This is a team effort game. There is only winning if you people stop whining and play the game with the rest of us. If I out-mastery you, then all I've done is play the game. Just because I have more items than you doesn't mean that I win anything.

You can't be out leveled, ever. The only thing that has ANY effect IN GAME is your Weapons and Warframes "Rank" which for EVERYONE maxes at 30.

Mastery does NOTHING except to be a number beside your name, it does not add to your stats or anything else beyond allowing you to buy certain items which are accessible to anyone who hasn't paid a PENNY.

I haven't paid a single dime on anything except color packs for the look and I have EVERY blueprint on the marketplace, a spare million+ credits, every mod (except Handspring & Retribution & Sanctuary -- yes I have 3 Master Thief, multishots ect..ect..ect..) the only thing I don't have a blueprint for is a few warframes and components I SOLD because I don't ever care to play as them and my Mastery rank is 5 and there are .... 42 Weapons I haven't built, and only lvled Ex/Ash/Frost Prime/Volt ... so handfuls of warframes I could still level, to MAX my mastery & some.

I cannot possibly be more clear, there is no benefit to Mastery after rank 4 (which is to unlock the Blueprint for Hek.) aside from clan weapons I could obtain just by leveling another frame/weapon set or two if I really cared to do so and would STILL have a ton of weapons and frames to add to my ever so useless Mastery number.

yes no advantage YET. its in the streams they want to add advantages for higher masteries which would then make it unfair

The reason is simple. There are too many people complaining about pay to win. My standpoint is....

WIN WHAT?!!!

This is a team effort game. There is only winning if you people stop whining and play the game with the rest of us. If I out-mastery you, then all I've done is play the game. Just because I have more items than you doesn't mean that I win anything.

yes but knowing someone is stronger than you because they paid money and not being able to close that gap wihtout investing the same amount is crap

There is a difference between: potential problem, and delusion a little boy cooked up to back up his $&*&*#(%& argument.

(...) all of you thinking i want it all for free can go jump off a cliff.

i notice how their biggest defenders are people who already dropped cash on a founders pack and seem to want the rest of us to go in as deep as them.

abandon_67760f_2400372.gif

doesnt equal skill but founders pack items equal a higher level cap which is crap its not about the items or skill or anything its about them tieing leveling in this game to getting every piece of gear possible which is unfair.

Can I ask you something? Does the current "higher level cap" effect the game in anyway what so ever at this point?

you can't pay to be stronger -.-

There is no item that makes me do more damage than you in the Market. Even if I by the What Stalker? pack, all I do is get the weapons before you. Kill the Stalker and get his weapons.

Oh by the way. Founders DO NOT get a higher level cap than everyone else. The cap is across the board.